1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Final Fantasy XIII in Europe, US this year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

The Active Time Battle System is hardly samey, it's one of the biggest innovations to the JRPG genre. You'd have to just hate JRPG's in general to not be excited about this game. Though here's hoping it has a better main character than FFXII.

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Agreed.

Although I really detested the whole of FFXII - a pity, as I'd really been looking forward to it. I played it for about 45 minutes, then gave up in absolute disgust as I disliked the characters so strongly.

I wonder if this means that the PS3 version will be less buggy, or superior in other ways? Or simply that they need the extra coding time for Cell and RSX...?

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I bet they do it to see Westerners e-dramaing over it :D

I'm tempted to import a Japanese copy tbh.

5. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

FF Versus XIII is the one I'm waiting for. looks a hell of a lot more interesting to me that XIII. also haven't seen Versus with the X360 listed as one of its release platforms either. is it coming to Xbox?

also about getting it done on PS3 first; good I say. get it done on one console right first instead of releasing it buggy as a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. release on multi-platform.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Haha... yeah... as long as it gets released, I'm generally happy. If the UK/EU release is significantly behind the US one, I'll probably import a US copy, given the PS3's lack of region locking. :D

I'd really like it if they gave us the option of dubs or subs, though. Some of the English language voices in FFX and XII just drive me nuts!

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

You know that it's only being released on PS3 in Japan....

Anyways, I think FF is poo so whatever....

8. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

You are required to grab a bucket, fill it with poo, and place your head firmly in the bucket for 20 minutes.

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

That's so ridiculous how they are holding the PS3 version back until the 360's is ready. Why does it matter to them? What incentive do they have to do this? Either way their game will sell bookoos (PS3 or 360)....

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

My guess is that they will be using the localization period to port it to the 360, and since both will be occurring at the same time, chose to go ahead and release it when the 360 is ready. Then again, it's easier to say that Microsoft more than likely worked out a deal this way, in order to ensure the 360 version has a chance to sell more in the West since they know the PS3 version will sell more in Japan over the 360 version.

Either way I will get it when I get it. I haven't enjoyed Final Fantasy since FF8, and I am looking forward to White Knight Chronicles moreso than Final Fantasy this time around. Trying to resist importing it as we speak. I haven't been too impressed with RPG's this generation (Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Last Remant, and the other samey titles this gen) with the exception of Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 and those are SRPGs.

11. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Well its been pretty poo for a while now for me since at least IX anyway.

12. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

:( one of my most anticipated titles really

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

if those japanese versions come with English subtitles, im soooo buying it rofl

14. Paradigm Shifter

Both of those are extreme amounts of awesome, though. Disgaea is always going to be great for the humour and the sheer size... Valkyria is probably the most I've enjoyed a game in several months. LittleBigPlanet has barely been touched since I opened Valkyria. :D

15. rollo

rollo Modder

360 version isnt comming out in japan

so this release doesnt suprise me

think ill import a version if it has subtitles and screw the 1 year wait

16. choupolo

choupolo What's a Dremel?

My first experience of FF was and imported copy of VII in Japanese. I had no clue what was being said, but it was still awesome. :D I beat Sephiroth at the end with my most powerful spell - Ice 2!

I eventually bought it again when it was released in the UK and got to enjoy it properly.

Of course recent FF's and their super annoying English voice acting is a huge drawback - a subbed version would be perfect.

17. Molajoku

Molajoku What's a Dremel?

Please don't screw with the voices again

PLEASE...For the love off all things small and furry please please please do not dub this one with crappy US voice acting.

I waited so long for ff12 and managed to play it for a full hour before my ears began to bleed and I couldn't go on. I've only just got the un-dubbed version with subtitles and I have to say it's a very good game but it’s such a shame it couldn’t have been like that in the first place.

Tags: Add Tags