1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress METO V.3 - DnA (real thread lol)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by p0Pe, 16 Aug 2008.

1. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

So slick. I love the tube routing!

2. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx dudes! i have a few "eye candy" pics just for the fun;P and got the mesh window installed again in the side panel. i threw the original plan of a black acrylic window out, beacuse it looked bad xD this fits the theme so much more!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and ooh i like it;P spend 15 min in bed in the total dark last nigh and played with the remote controlled light:D i dont think ill ever get tired of that xDD

until next time :dremel: happy modding:p

3. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

so... i think i figured out what to do with the last remote channel.

fans!

only problem is that i arent actually sure if the controller puts out enough power to run all the fans
    2*200 mm
    2*140 mm
    3*120 mm
    (yeah... lots of fans lol...)

actually i hocked all the fans up to a spare psu together with the light last night, and DAMN they throw some air out of the case @ max! and makes about the same noise as a jet:p
    but when turned to medium or low speed, the whole case is actually very silent! still, it would be awsome to could turn off all fans beside the ones in the psu´s:p

4. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx to mach from thebestcasescenario for helping me figuring out if the controller could run all of the fans!

so know all of the fans (beside the one in the psu section) are connected to the switch and it works perfectly fine! i noticed that the led light turned a tiny bit down when i starts the fans, but that might have something to do with the low end test powersupply i uses to test it with:p either case it dosnt really matter since its so little lol.

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Good work! P1xx cases definitely aren't the easiest ones to work with, but you pulled this one off nicely :)

6. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx man! and your right... they are very tuff to mod! especially beacuse i wouldnt want to change the outside to much beacuse of the stylish look it already has:D

just hocked the last 2 200 mm fans up to the remote controller and it turns out that they wont start on the lowest setting:( think that the voltage from the controller isnt good enough, or it might again have something to do with my test psu lol.. in any case they are gonna be at medium, and even at that speed they are barely saing anything... i love the fact that i can now turn off all of the fans, except the one in the psu section:D cant wait to see which temps i will have with the fans on, and off!

7. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

now... 1200 Watts of cable organizing... took me quite a while lucky the 550W psu is 50% modular:D

ill let the immages talk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dont wory, the back plate has PLENTY of room to fit!
    [​IMG]

have in mind that this system contains:

2*psu´s (550&650)
    4*sata drives
    1*sata dvd drive
    2*200 mm fans
    2*140 mm fans
    3*120 mm fans
    1*remote controller
    3*pumps

mobo, gfx & and lights

water loops contains no less than

2*res
    3*pumps
    4*waterblocks
    2*radiators (9*120&1*120)

all in all i think its a pritty big system that almost looks like it isnt hoocked up at all:D

only thing to do know is to do the last hose routing, and connect the on off swithc!

8. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Awesome! You've got a lego Millenium falcon :)

9. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Bro, I must tell you, I've fallen in love with your mod :)

Just raw elegant simplicity, executed very well indeed.

[​IMG] < My Seel of Approval :p
    MGT

10. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

hah yeah.. before they started sending out kopies of all the old models i had almost every single lego star wars figure.. even the big mofo that costed 1000$ xD thats before i started computing heh...

11. Nolimited

Nolimited What's a Dremel?

cool what you have done on the top :thumb:
    The tube management are cool what color off water you will use?
    nice work keep it up man :clap:

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx alot man:D like the seal;P

thx :)
    ill use black and white;P the black is to be seen in this update:clap:

got a very big thing done tonight! filled the loop!

and... i f####d up.. the cpu block has a inlet and outlet.. guess what i misplaced?... yeah.. thats right.. got the loop filled and turned on the pump and a wierd sound came from the cpu block.. so i guessed i was to quick about assembling the loop =_=
    nothing else to do than to whine about my missery to a few people and then drain the loop, and start over:p luckyli it didnt took to long! so within no time i had the loop up and running again to discover ONE thing

2*18Watts pumps might be a tiny bit of overkill:/

so i just ordered 2 koolance pump controllers, since the pumps are waaaayyy to strong:p

but. here we go with some pics:) theres alot since i just fired away with the cam:D there seems to be alot of dust on the mod lol... have to get on it with some cleaner;P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats all fokes:D hope you like what you see!

next up is... getting theese pump controllers in place so that the pumps arent trying to create a tsunami or something... and then get all the air out..

and not to forget:D complete the hdd loop!
    as it stands right now i can actually just plug it in and start the BEAST up!.. but i want to leak test it for a few hours before i do so;P

have fun lads!

13. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

and on we go with some temps ;)

[​IMG]

and i got about 52C passive on both cpu and gpu:D but the raddy gets a bit hotter than i want when thats the case.

otherwise temps is:
    23C at full power
    30C at medium power
    36C at low power

all temps are idle:) havent checked load yet

oh btw. theese measures is with 1 pump at full power. and no hdd watercooling:rock:

14. Nolimited

Nolimited What's a Dremel?

Black water nice :thumb: idea that give on your case a nice effect keep it up man :clap:

15. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

thx:) i just got the last loop installed! finally

not as cool as i hoped though.. the pics dosnt do the loop justice since the water in the res looks AAAWSOME with the light in dark!!!

this is the res with the clear water up to about half. i messed filling the loop and dropped some fluid so i didnt have enough to fill it:( gotta order another L :/ but its only 30$ soooo...
    [​IMG]

and the pump bay thingie
    [​IMG]

with led light
    [​IMG]

black & white!
    [​IMG]

not the sharpest pics.. but it will do:p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i personally like this one
    [​IMG]

and this one
    [​IMG]

erm.. and this one lol
    [​IMG]

okay... i like most of them:
    [​IMG]

the gfx
    [​IMG]

and the res´s again. its hard to get a prober shot with this light source -.-

[​IMG]

proper shot of the whole loop
    [​IMG]

the pump controllers:
    [​IMG]

and another few eye candy shots

[​IMG]
    a shame that tygon have to put numbers all over their tubes:( it totally destroys the last touch! curse them

the awsomemememe pumps! i turned them down to lowest speed and they are decent quiet... (everyone who has a ddc pump knows the noise they can make at full blow:p)
    [​IMG]

so.. there you had it:) now all thats left to do is fixing the radiator fan cover... i have bend it and such but its just hanging on the side for now. need to paint it, and maybe put some light under the "DnA" logo.

enjoy, and have a nice weekend;P

16. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

okay! a small update.

the reason that this mod has been on stand by for a while was beacuse the reservoirs leaked:( sadly...
    it went so bad that fluid was going in between the plastik and the metal on the top, so had to find new reservoirs... only problem, they had to be 60mm in diamiter to fit in. and such reservoirs is hard to find
    asked xspc if they could make costum reservoirs but sadly no.

so only thing to do:
    1: make them myself.
    2: fizzle around with some premade

i choose nr. 2

took 2 of the 150 ml xspc reservoirs and since they were 70mm in diamiter i had to cut away some. but only so they just fitted into the top whole:

[​IMG]

so i went ahead and killed the little buggers!

[​IMG]

dismantle the old ones:( i loved them:( but cant use something that leaks -.- i thought about buyin a pair of new ones, but i just dont think that they can manage the preasure and passive temps, which i want to play a bit with :/

[​IMG]

and here to show the leaky part:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and how it fitted (with a little violence with the dremel)

[​IMG]

one down another one to go

[​IMG]

im probertly gonna end up doing a litle cover plater to make a smoother "edge" between the res and the case top

with modyfied top (originally to wide)

[​IMG]

light from the blue bouble light (think this is gonna look cool in the dark:D)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

note that in theese pics fluid already has been filled in

so how its gonna look compared to the old. a big bigger and not transparrent but... ill survive.
    and its alu i know, but i hope to be alright with the amount of anti corrosion fluid thats in lol

[​IMG]

17. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Its been a while but ive had a thing or two between my hands :D (or on my feets should i say…)
    Rules are made to be broken lol
    [​IMG]

That’s me, with the baby size ski´s
    [​IMG]

For some reason this route was closed and called “the murderer” we had to find out why… took us an hour to get to the bottom of the valley xD on normal routes we could run that trip in 5 min.
    [​IMG]

Well.. on to the mod!

As you can see I already installed one of the new reservoirs. And I did not have the time to start on the other one since I knew it was going to be a b#tch to install
    [​IMG]

Had to take the back plate of again. What a mess:/
    [​IMG]

Note the bracket I used to keep the wires in the hole made for them to slip through xD the little whole all the sata cables are going through is the one that’s barely visible on the other side.
    [​IMG]

This is the space I have to work with :/
    [​IMG]

Now this little thing is going to be hard to get out xD
    [​IMG]

“working it”
    [​IMG]

And as usual the watergods didn’t thought nice of me, so on of my fittings went mental.. but I don’t belive in gods so on with it
    [​IMG]

And a little neat feature I made on the raddy fan cover;)
    [​IMG]

And a very very bad pic of how it turned out. I have a few plans on how to make a smooth erm… “melting”? between the res´s and the top. But that’s gonna be later:D
    [​IMG]

I have talked with one of my friends about getting some nicer foto´s of the whole case, (he´s a camera geek) so I hope to get some better pics up soon:D

Don’t know how much I will be able to work on the case the next amount of time though… my car just broke and at the same time some sh#t f#ckers decided to break the rear and front window and steal my sound system:( but life goes on:D

Ill cu!
    Comments and stuff are as always greatly appreciated!

-p0Pe

18. Spyrious

Spyrious Modding all the Time

I'm sorry for your car.I like the new res better.Take your time don't rush to finish it.

19. widmod

widmod Minimodder

I like the res i'll get one of these too, but why did you cut the bottom of the res instead of making bigger holes and a shelf in the 5 1/2" bay?
    the skiing route was close because of young trees planted there and because it's beside the official routes
    obviously you murded them or the route is so hard

20. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Well, this CLEARLY isn't in Danmark...
    So, how is your skiing? it's allways funny to watch the norwegian news around easter-time, becouse alot of "danes" travel to norway to ski in some of the many hills, and I think that the reporters are out to make fun of the danes, becouse they always find someone that has never seen a hill before, and they are always terrible at skiing, and spend more time skidding down the hill on their face instead of on their skies.. :naughty:

The black water is geniuos, you spot the leaks without even looking for them, great.
    Good looking mod, not shure about the radiator, but it's not THAT bad.. :thumb:

Tags: