1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Audiophiles help me

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slink, 16 Jan 2009.

1. Slink

Slink B7

If this is in the wrong section then please fell free to move it, mods.

Anywho.

Now the sales are on i'm looking for a new mp3 player, needs to be small enough to go into my pocket, around 4gb minimum. Prices anywhere below £60.

Need recomendations please. I know a load of you on here are into your gadgets so pass a little advice this way.

:thumb:

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I think the 4GB Creative Zen is around £60.

3. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Beosound 6? http://www.bang-olufsen.com/beosound6

1. Audiophile... yes
    2. Fits in pocket... yes
    3. 4 gig minimum... yes (just about)
    4. Priced below £60... epic fail!

Seconding a Zen.

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The beosound looks nice, but then I noticed this picture:

[​IMG]

If you don't have a problem with your mp3 player being made by a race of Uncanny Valley extra-terrestrials with pedo-eyes, then be my guest!

I was going to recommend an Archos, because aesthetically they make your jaw drop, but their range has a weird hole in it - they have a 2Gb model, then the next one up is 160Gb. Oh well. Overpriced anyway.
    What's the requirement on interface, do you insist on a big colour screen and touch functionality or would a sport-type non-screen model be acceptable?

5. Slink

Slink B7

Well i stupidly bought myself an 8gb touch a year or so ago but it was a bit much for me, i didn't use it as much as i thought i would, I want to put it in my pocket and sound nice when i play music on it when i walk to and from uni / work. so i would say a touch screen isin't essential but a decent display is.

I was looking at the Zen the other day online somewhere. Willing to listen to other recomendations before i shell out though!

6. fostex

fostex What's a Dremel?

If you can, try to pick up an Iriver H3xx or H1xx. I have yet to find a player that even comes close to it's features and quality.

7. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Have you already sold your Touch?

8. Slink

Slink B7

Yes mate I didn't have it long, only used the music function on it also so it was a bit overkill for what i needed it for.

Fostex, i'll look into those now mate thanks for the advice

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i have the zen 4gb and its a great little unit:

good sound quality with the option to EQ your own sound

drag and drop files

upgradeable memory via sd card

good battery life

goes louder than the ipod

really nice interface etc

may i suggest a pair seinheiser x300's for headphoneage

10. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

:naughty:

11. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Creative Zen is a very good player atm, the only thing it doesn't do is support OGG. I've just got myself a Cowon iAudio 7, it's a great little thing, and has support for just about every file format in the universe!

OT:
    :hehe: Awesomes.

12. Slink

Slink B7

I've ordered the zen and those headphones that were recomended, will update when they turn up!

13. Slink

Slink B7

So, I ordered a reconditioned 4gb Zen, which said was simple repackaging.
    Anyhow i was expecting it to turn up full of scratches and marks, but it's brand new... Just in a brown creative recon box.
    Been playing with it for an hour or so now but really pleased with it so far, although my headphones haven't turned up yet (x300) so i have to keep putting the standard creative ones back into my massive well-like lugs after they fall out every couple of minutes.

Overall?

Good ****.

Cheers for recomendations

14. Slink

Slink B7

reeto,

onto these CX300's.

I've got two pair sat in front of me, I ordered the first pair which arrived in a refurb box. I tried these in the zen and straight away i could notice a decrease in bass coming from these compared to the creative ones that came with the zen, Also the plug was a bit funny.
    If you're in transit or moving about with these in the plug is very sensitive in that with some movement (running etc) there is a lot of interfearance and loss of sound in one of the buds.

Anyhow, with these being refurbed i asked the guy for an exchance as i thought there was a fault.
    To credit the guy on amazon he sent me a brand new pair, in original box, unopened and told me to keep the old pair too. Top guy.

Anyhow, tried the new pair this morning and i have the same problem.

After looking on the net a bit deeper i've read similar problems from other users ragarding the plug/jack.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

I'd love to stick with the original creative headphones but they keep falling out of my black hole sized ears.

15. opal

opal Eh?

People have also reported issues with the X300's if they are not set right in your ear the bass is affected. You might have to jam them in your ear a bit. I have a pair and haven't had any problems however.

16. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

17. opal

opal Eh?

He's already bought it but I would recommend them, I used them via Amazon and my order was delivered next day despite me being overseas (Amazon quoted 4 days delivery)

18. Slink

Slink B7

Hmm thanks mate ill try this out in a bit!