1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games you wanted to finish, but never did?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Nov 2008.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Say what? It looks gorgeous! :lol: But fair enough. I'm finally playing Bioshock and loving it, the design and style are such a breath of fresh air after Gears of War (great, don't get me wrong, but very VERY grey and repetitive).

Yeah, if that's your tendency I'd avoid all free-roaming games. I get that a lot too, I always end up leaving Oblivion alone after 10 hours or so because I lose my way and can't be arsed to seek out the next missions/objectives/storyline section. It just feels idle of the developers to charge the gamer with searching for the story...

'Nother I just thought of: neverwinter nights. It had aged really badly by the time I got round to playing it, and the interface and controls were too **** for me to get anywhere.

2. foxxes

foxxes What's a Dremel?

Half-Life ! No level skip codes to get back to where i reached last time either :(

3. BobMoore

BobMoore An old fart

Far Cry. I got to the part where you jump off the waterfall, and couldn't be bothered to go any further.

I got looooads of replay out of the earlier (vs human) levels though, so I wasn't too worried about it... especially the level called Boat. Contrast that with Far Cry 2, which has slightly less than zero replay value.

Oh, and I never finished Doom II. Stupidly hard :wallbash:

4. KillerLettuce

KillerLettuce custom title

I never finished WH40K: Dawn of War. Never seemed to have the time, then I got into other games.

5. Skibo1219

Skibo1219 Brains...the other white meat.

Never finished Everquest...:duh:

6. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Final Fantasy 7 is the big one for me :(

Other than that.. Repton 2 maybe.

7. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

FF7, on the third disc, lent the fourth to a friend, and he scratched it to hell, so I was stuck unable to finish :l

8. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

there was only three discs!!! do you mean 8?

And the waterfall part on Far Cry was rock solid, you just had to find a path where the firggin trigens didn't kill you, took me 20 attempts at least

9. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

Loads for me, most memorable being:
    Half-Life 2 - Bought on release day. Counter Strike Source is the only game I've really played since.
    Farcry - Didnt play much at all after waiting ages for its release.
    Splinter Cell - Again waited ages for it to be released, played a few hours, then stopped.
    Driver - Actually played this a lot back on the PlayStation but got stuck on a mission near the end. :(

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Still working on finishing all 4 GW campaigns. Going at it today, in fact...

11. clownfart

clownfart Hardware Enthusiast

Fallout 3
    Far Cry 2
    Left 4 Dead
    Mirrors Edge
    Bionic Commando Rearmed

Those are the titles I'm trying to finish. heh, I got them all at launch.

Edit: Bioshock

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Far Cry, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, there's a lot more but I can't remember them (they're THAT good)

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

How could you NOT finish L4D Clown? Its sooo short and utterly absorbing!

14. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

That's the one, thanks :duh:

15. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

Far Cry 2, I've hit the dreaded 'stuck at 88% bug'. I might finish it if Ubisoft patch it.

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That's not very likely, looking at the number of bugs in the game atm. Every time I try to get back into Far Cry 2 it just kicks me in the face, it's so non-directional I don't know wtf to do. I'm beyond caring though, I get the impression the opening credits roll was the best thing about the game.

Joe - if you happen to read this, give psychonauts another go. It's really, really worth it.

17. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

Hmm.....

The one I most regret not finishing was Knights of the old republic. I'm sure I was near the end but then my hard drive died and lost my saves. I never found the time to start from scratch again.

Also Far Cry 2. I found myself getting really annoyed with all the time spent travelling around and trying to avoid getting killed by every NPC who set their eyes on me. I know one of the main selling points was supposed to be a true sandbox game, but I felt like I had too many options and couldn't be bothered finding things for myself.

Never finished FFVIII either :waah:

18. popcornuk1983

popcornuk1983 Cake or Death?

That was such an underrated game. Really enjoyed it. Beyond good and evil was the same as well. Never done that well in terms of sales. But another great classic!

19. cvriv.charles

cvriv.charles I'll do it myself,...

I have a few game I havent finished, one recently being Fear. I tried twice. One game that I finished easily because it was cool to me,... was Shogo. I'm think it was the Japanese style drawing/ characters and the music. Awesome game.

20. cvriv.charles

cvriv.charles I'll do it myself,...

Oh one more I have to mention,... a ame I did not finish was Red Faction. That game suuuuuuuucked.