1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Left 4 Dead Survival Mode detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Survival mode will be epic fail if it's just horde after horde with no real objective. The survivors will likely jump camp in a corner tapping RMB. *yawn*

3. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Keep them coming! I'll be ready... arrrgghhhh....

4. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I'll be doing that while I'm saying... "Oh... oh no!" with Louis :D It must have tanks, smokers... if it's just the horde is not enough

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

How effective does that actually work without an extremely well coordinated group of survivors now they've fixed the melee exploit? Plus, I imagine the special infected will be thrown in there to keep everyone on their toes.

6. overdosedelusion

I haven't noticed any fix with melee tbh, it's just as effective as it ever was. A tank would do the only real damage but if you have a good team, you should be able to survive for a very long time. Long enough to think "Bloody hell this is boring"

7. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Typo in main article.
    fixed: from the existing campaigns ??

Interesting mode, should be a laugh if not most certainly very epic.
    Who wants to go Akimbo Assassin ? :D hehe

8. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

If this is being released in retail stores, then it looks like we're going to have to pay for it folks :(

9. overdosedelusion

^ It was confirmed to be free for PC users.

10. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

Really? Oh, win.

11. chimaera

chimaera What's a Dremel?

"The Survival Mode pack will be released freely for all existing owners of Left 4 Dead, regardless of platform."

Also, GOTY and Directors Cuts of games are quite common, and generally just include a selection of popular (free) mods and addons - idea being that it saves the hassle of finding these things afterwards I guess.

12. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I was refering to the resetting melee timer when you switch weapons. Although I have to ask, if you're playing in a way that makes you think "bloody hell this is boring", sorry to ask a really dumb question, but why are you playing like that? You can get mega rich in WOW by farming for gold, but it's boring so nobody chooses to do it. Just because you can sit in a corner meleeing doesn't mean you should. It's not like in Versus where you have anything to prove to anyone but yourself and your team mates.

13. overdosedelusion

Well the thing about versus and campaign expert is the challenge involved, even a good team can come unstuck in versus or expert campaign and it's fun to play. Our clan insist on fair play + no camping, but in a mode with no goal other than surviving for long periods of time, there is no point in moving at all. If there was some sort of objective and you were forced to move then it could be fun. I predict that every pub server will be rife with people insistent on camping.

14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

It depends whether it's how long you can survive, or how far through the maps you can survive.

15. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I can't wait :D

About time something rekindled L4D tbh. Doing the same campaigns over and over can get a bit bothersome.

16. harveypooka

harveypooka Fond of rumpots and crackpots

Expansions are great, but I really feel that Valve need to implement some sort of rating system for players and sort out the crappy servers that don't let you join or crash.

I play with a group of friends and without being arrogant, we usually beat the other team. Sometimes it's on the first or second map, they score 200 (we got 4 once) and we get over 1000. What happens is we either get called "fags" or "cheaters" or they rage quit.

Sometimes this happens toward the end of the Versus campaign and it spoils the game.

I know a rating system would be open to abuse and people who are genuinely disconnected will suffer, but something must be done!

I've already made a group on Steam called 'Stay 4 Dead' that only has members that know more words than "***" and actually stay to the end of a campaign, even if they are beaten to a pulp!

17. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

I've always enjoyed DT and DA on versus will be nice to be able to just select them in the lobby :)

18. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Does anyone know how the mod will be affected? Do we have to re-install or just delete the maps?

19. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Where in that GTV episode is there any mention about Survival mode? I'm confused

20. OWNED66

OWNED66 What's a Dremel?

EPIC
    i found some moded servers with unlimited bullets no reload = fun

Tags: Add Tags