1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Far Cry Poo... err... I mean two

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pookeyhead, 12 Feb 2009.

1. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I think so.

I honestly didn't know which missions were related to the main 'story' and which weren't. There was practically no advancement in plot as far as I could tell.

2. naokaji

naokaji whatever

Agree, it doesnt really fit the whole FPS thing, they should have made it more like "insert other fps of choice" or go the complete opposite route and take the hitman, thief, splinter cell sneaking approach instead.

QFT, worst multiplayer ever (atleast when it was released, no idea if they patched it or not).

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

please dont lump this piece of idiotic **** in the same category as crysis, crysis is excellent but unfortionatly falters a little in the final chapter, the climatic showdown is awesome tho.

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

No.. on.

5. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

No, I finished it as well and I agree with all of your points. So much promise, let down by some terrible decisions that could have easily been rectified.

6. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

This is all ********, I played it on the 360 and it was great, not perfect but a solid 9/10. Then again I'd just finished Fallout3 so it was exactly what I was looking for

7. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Played it for like 3 hours and never touched it since.

Utter utter crap.

8. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

for you to come at this point and say "this is all ********" is clearly irrelevant as we've already put forward reasons for why we dont like the game. unless you are going to address and discuss those problems then why bother making sweeping generalisations?

9. Rum&Coke

The biggest complain seems to be is used DX10 which doesnt really come into the console version. The graphics are solid, the missions are a bit samey but its an FPS for christ sake, anything outside of "shoot other people" is usually breaking new grounds in the genre. Plus the open ended nature of the side missions like gun running, underground missions and assassin ones broke up the monotony and the stealth weapon/armour option gave different angles to completing the missions. The diamond system was nice, the gun system was great for dealing with advancing through the game. The ai had some faults but nothing really that terrible. The biggest problem I had with the game was the plot was kind of ****.

10. Major

Major Guest

Meh, thought the first 3 hours was crap, now it's growing on me, but am getting a little bored. Will see how this mission goes.

11. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I'm sorry I ment dx version. I first played with dx10 and then switched to dx9. The difference in perfomance was amazing. I leave it in dx9 now.
    MAybe its been patched since then though.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

meh. Worst game i have played in along time, i thought bioshock was bad but i at least played it all the way through. FC2 has boring missions, is needlessly repetitive and the check points respawn almost immediately. Every objective is at the exact opposite side of the map so you have to cross all the check points again and the ai just runs towards you or the nearest mounted machine gun.

13. wafflesomd

No it isn't.

Except each mission in each category was exactly the same.

No it wasn't.

What is that supposed to mean?

Riiiight.

Are you sure you played the right game?

14. Rum&Coke

I'm not even sure now but whatever the game I played was decent

15. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I binned it after a few hours, same with Bioshock, crap games :S

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Pearls of wisdom and truth. There is no storyline, but you have to play for a while to notice that. After an hour of playing, I declared it the best game I'd played in the last year. After two more days of playing, I was sick of it and (like the OP) felt cheated and angry.

I keep meaning to go back to it, but it's just so dispiriting. There's no point, it doesn't go anywhere.

edit -
    What the hell are you talking about, Bioshock is a masterpiece :p I thought it was crap for the first couple of hours, but once you get your teeth into it it's just awe-inspiring. In terms of emotiveness, design and storytelling it's like a really good film. If you didn't enjoy it it's because you were in the wrong mood, or expecting the wrong kind of game.

17. wafflesomd

WHY DO THE ENEMIES IN THE GAME HAVE CONCURRENT HEALTH.

That's why I hated Bioshock.

*caps lock is autopilot for cool

18. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

*CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

you = fail.

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Gaaah, why is there chan everywhere?! Why!

Bioshock's combat was the weakest point of the game, I think. Most annoying of all, I had just gotten all my plasmids sorted and my combat style down when the boss battle rolled up and the game ended. I was very angry :miffed:

I would've liked to have a sort of free-roaming option at the end, to just wander around the entire city for a while killing everything before wrapping things up.

20. Wonda-boy

Wonda-boy I gotsa GTX295 E-Penis!!!

I agree Bioshock is a masterpiece of a game looks great, gameplay is super. Have not finished it but it was really good to play.

FC2 is lacking big time and with more and more game developers just looking to get the best graphics its the gameplay that suffers....I would rather have a average looking game and play it non stop