1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mass Effect sequel, DLC detailed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The notion of "is artifical life real life" was one of those subtle themes that ran through the first game. I rather enjoyed its inclusion. Remember the mission where a war training simulator went hay-wire and started killing people, but when you eventually took it out just before it blew up all the monitors flashed "please, no!" and then "help". It was full of little snippits like that.

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Don't be surprised if you find a Voight-Kampff style test in the game then.:D

In keeping with current trends to provide a Co-op mode in games. I hope Bioware provide one for this game. Mass Effect is a classic, but experiences like this IMHO are best shared.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

I dont have my savegames anymore....they could have given this info a bit earlier...

5. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Please please please please please, make the Mako less **** .. :)

That is all.

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Arg I lost my save file as well, and if I replayed it I wouldn't go through and do every little thing, it just got too repetitive. Ah well, I guess I'll just do a quick run making similar decisions just before the next release.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Never understood the complaints about the mako. Sure it didn't handle well but its not like you were ever asked to do anything delicate with it.

8. CardJoe

This has always been hinted at AFAIK. Is why I have a back-up of my saves :D

9. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

Did you do the sub planets? It was fine in the main game, but an absolute nightmare on the other planets where the terrain was like the Himalayas

10. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

How come the first sequel is always the dark one?

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

They did, way before the first game was ever released.

12. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

Why would you delete your save files? It's not like they take up any space- or am I missing something here? And yeah, I agree it's always been hinted that your character could carry on in sequels etc- I'm sure BioWare have been kicking that idea around since Kotor- didn't one of the Baldurs Gate games actually do this years ago?

Hooray for darker themes and 'harder' sci fi - The cynic in me thinks that Mass Effect was largely saved by it's superb audio and visual styling- just imagine it a little more technicolor and upbeat and I reckon the whole thing would have been percieved as a much less 'adult' and serious game. Imagine Jar Jar in there. I guess I'm saying the overall style was bang on the money- but the gameplay and narrative weren't QUITE up to the same standard.

We were told you'd be making huge decisions affecting the populations of entire planets- you'd have the weight of the world on your shoulders- you'd be getting into heated philosophical debates with your crew mates about your actions... but the biggest decisions were (mini spoiler) who you let die on that one planet - and who you get your freak on with.

13. CardJoe

Pfft. I liked the Mako. It could easily, if unrealisitically, handle any terrain, was self-righting and felt like it was functioning in low gravity. I enjoyed barrell rolling it and only broke it about twice.

14. Xir

Xir Modder

Sorry then ;)

Didn't read too much about the game in advance.

Didn't do too many sidequests, as the main story always told me get-after-the-bad-guy-he's-just-left-NOW!!!
    Then I wondered why the game was over so quick....
    And why you can't keep on going AFTER the endscenes (with 3/4 of the universe left unvisited.)

Ah well...

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Everyone knows when someone asks you to do the incredibly important and time sensitive main quest you have to completely ignore it until you have no other options :p

Tags: Add Tags