1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Project] R3act0r (932 water cooled)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Paintballislife, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Paintballislife

Paintballislife What's a Dremel?

Long time fan of bit-tech, figured I would share this, hopefully everything will be done by thursday

Pretty much at a stand still until mobo and cpu come in.
    Getting ready for paint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now these buggers are really easy to get out

[​IMG]

Lift the little metal tab and pull the rod to the side and slide up.

[​IMG]

Now these arnt so easy but i found an easy way to remove the drive bay lockers.
    [​IMG]

Then slide them to the side bracing your hand. I used a flat head to get in here.
    [​IMG]

They slide forward to come off, and towards the back os the case to put back on. When taking off, be careful! They are only plastic and they are two springs inside.

After painting and some stuff installed and modded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used heavy duty plastic interlock to mount the pump.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked up a terminal and a black sleeving kit from radioshack, the kit was on sale for $0.97 SOLD!!!! Found an adapter to make my 8 prong PIC-e a 6 prong, thank god! Saved me some trouble.

[​IMG]

Now on the HAF case to mount a fan below the PSU you have to use the supplied casters. However i can just see this thing rolling off the desk one day lol. So I doubled up the front feet with the back ones and used two casters on the rear. Ample room for the fan to breathe and adds a slight tilt forward for the going fast look :rofl:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some lazer UV leds for prettiness
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have alot of wiring cleanup to do But cant really do that until the mobo arrives and i figure out how to reroute. I have already run the hard stuff CFL's and the wire for the LEDS, I have gotten all of my fans onto the VLS or to work on the mobo.

[​IMG]
    Working on the waterblock waiting to install the UV leds for an added pop. I have never done 8 leds in a waterblock before and i hope it looks nice, I had one in my old one and it was an awesome touch. But just not bright enough to really make a difference. If 8 is too much i will just leave 4 hooked up, when the others die, re wire the good ones. Will post final pics of this.

Just got done adding the other stainless steel grab bar on top, had ot get a dremel to cut the back side to get the screws in. I think it looks nice and is very functional, just had shoulder surgery so ic ant pick up alot right now.
    [​IMG]
    Where I had to cut

[​IMG]
    Will clean this up later.
    [​IMG]

Front side looking into case
    [​IMG]

Plasma neons came in.. these will go under the mesh along the radiator. Just after painting and sleeving.
    [​IMG]

Then with tape taken off
    [​IMG]

New pump, grr still mad, however, better pump, but man its bigger then I thought.

[​IMG]

Everything in the box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Side boob shot with wire length, enough to get the job done. all hardware is laid out, black/white pad is foam, noise dampening, with 4 rubber washers two screws, two nuts. However, i wont be using these for my way if i can avoid it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the plasma neons inverter, normally i would hook up two lights per box, but they dont seem to last too long and overheat, so I did this to cut down on massive boxes. No more blue box baby!
    [​IMG]

Just finished the water block, will have two switches for uv and white. Clean up wirs later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of them lite up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

plasma neons on radiator

[​IMG]

lit up

[​IMG]

Had to modify the fans a bit. thank you dremel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Feb 2009
  2. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Yaaaa!! No barefoot pictures!!! :D

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I see, what you did there :hehe:

4. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

whose the tease in the background?
    did u put her up to it?

5. Paintballislife

gf happened to be sitting there when iw as taking pics, thought i wouldnt include her in the pic or that i didnt.

6. Paintballislife

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Best W/C pump on the market... and what youve done with the neron inverter... Im pretty sure that will overheat pretty easily, may wanna reconsider that one!

8. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

luckie man that you are
    oh god im sounding like yoda!
    not again!!!