1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Far Cry Poo... err... I mean two

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pookeyhead, 12 Feb 2009.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Sounds like you need Left 4 Dead, I bought it yesterday and it's exactly what you describe :)

2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I really hope you're right. Far Cry is so crippled by the fact that you don't actually change anything about your environment that I just gave up after about four days. Sure, it looks pretty and for putting peoples' head all over the wall it kicks ass, but other than the one-in-a-billion situations where you actually can sneak up on someone without the entire cast of Black Hawk Down descending on you, it just sucks so, so bad... :(

This of course means that I am short a good FPS to exercise my shiny new 280 (yes, I am a sucker for pretty games). So I just ordered Crysis; see how it goes...

3. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Right Click the shortcut > Compatibility> Windows XP (SP2).. that worked for me :)

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

IDK about that Crysis order. You're basically about to play Far Cry 2 again.

Just a warning.

5. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Besides both being FPS games, it's sickening to compare them the way you are :nono:

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

no its what farcry 2 SHOULD have been except it tripped over a joypad and landed face first in zebra ****.

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

exactly, the controls feel as though they were designed for a pad and ported to the kb/m or something.

bad bad game, im not gonna spend any more time bitching about it - anyone who thinks this is a good FPS needs to play L4D, HL2 or even FC1 and think about what they have said and done

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Agreed with all the this game is crap, and I've only played it for a few hours as well.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Joe enjoyed it, I didnt. Personal taste tbh.

There's something wrong with your system though if you're getting lag - never happened to us.

10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

The thought crossed my mind too, but it only happened in Far Cry 2. I get no lag at all in CS:S, HL2 or WoW which are the other games I play regularly. Surely if it was my system I would experience lag in all of them?

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

That sounds like driver problems more than anything, have you double-checked your card's drivers and your DX release?

Unless you've got a particularly invasive antivirus program that hates one game's structure/process and just actively scans the hell out of it while it runs, I had that with symantec once.

12. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I have played all the shooters you have mentioned above plus:
    Doom 1-2 and 3
    Duke Nukem 3D
    Turok
    Turok 2
    Timeshift
    Goldeneye 007
    Halo
    Halo 2
    Call of Duty (whole Series)
    Resistance 1 and 2
    F.E.A.R.
    Wolfenstein 3D
    Crysis
    Crysis Warhead

And a bunch of other shooters that I know for a fact that I am missing. I consider myself a shooter fan and besides the few issues Far Cry 2 has I honestly enjoyed it. While I agree the AI and the fact it takes a lot of bullets to kill someone does indeed suck, not sucking at the game and hitting people in the head with rifles or pistols make them extremely easy to dispatch. Headshots with the Desert Eagle and the AS50 sniper rifle are easy and they *WILL* kill someone in a single shot.

And you cannot tell me the IEDs and Molotovs were not fun to screw around with ;)

13. eXpander

eXpander What's a Dremel?

It's supposed to be a shooter, but it's actually more like a "walk-around-er", driving to the other end of the map, killing everything, coming back. Buying weapons, hunting for diamonds? WTF? RPG? It's this waste of time that I think makes the game so crappy. This and the repetitive nature of the game.

As for Crysis, I thought was a really cool game. It lacked the story and it was sort-of a tech demo, but it was really fast-paced and really entertaining. The weapons were nice with all the mods on them and the nanosuit is also awesome, because you can play the game at your personal pace: want Rambo? Go rambo them down! Want Sam Fisher? You have Sam Fisher. And the vehicles were pretty nice too.
    So don't even compare it to FC2, which really really sux. I played it for 3-4 hours, loved the flames and then binned it.

14. Major

Major Guest

It's growing on me, I have to say, but it's a game you cannot play for long periods of time, otherwise you will go mad.

Could of had more bus places though!

15. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

OP should get FC2 on Xbox 360.

16. Jeddy

Jeddy What's a Dremel?

I liked far cry 2- the first time I played it thru. The ending is quite frankly ****. The ending killed the whole experience.

The arms convoy missions were balls- the trucks should have a start/end point and drive between the two. The ability to lie down and crawl would make the game better.

17. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

If you mean mouse lag in the menu's I got that, but not in that game.