1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

pretty much a copy+paste from my flickr page... but here it is:

2. archibald

archibald What's a Dremel?

Here's my desk:
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1382/dscn1309ca4.jpg
    Samsung 710MP, logitech x-230 speakers, logitech s510 keyboard, logitech mx revolution mouse @ Sharkoon Xurface, mobile phones (top right)

Computer, placed between desk and grandma's chair :D
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5449/dscn1310sg5.jpg

My notebook:
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6128/dscn1311ib6.jpg

Under desk:
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7981/dscn1315cn3.jpg
    Old computer (barton 2500, 6600gt, 1gb ddr, ocz 520w).. i use it as footrester :D. PS2 on top of it, and subwoofer on right

I would like bigger desk :(

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

"upgraded" my monitor from this :

[​IMG]

to this :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asus VH242H
    24" , 1080P plugged in HDMI on M3N72d :D

it looks wayyyyyy cooler on the desk and the display area is much bigger, but I am pretty sure it's gonna suck when it comes to gaming... however, since I am stuck with my onboard for at least another 2-4 weeks (video card leaving for rma tuesday), I don't really mind for now...

I can't wait for the day when there will be an alternative that doesn't suck to CRTs when it comes to gaming

EDIT: oh and that "old" and "shitty" mouse is leaving soon. I bought the SteelSeries Ikari Laser mouse and I am expecting it for tuesday or maybe tomorrow :D

The Intellimouse Explorer is a sturdy mouse however and I expect it to survive for longer than all of my stupid logitech mice that I have had over the years

Last edited: 23 Feb 2009
  4. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

I had a bit of a tidy up at the weekend

Still not perfect and I do need to get a new screen

[​IMG]

5. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Well this is a slightly old pic (only thing that has changed is I switched out the old-school 17" Gateway LCD for a 17" Shuttle LCD)

[​IMG]

Let's see if I can remember everything (from left to right):
    Very edge of my computer
    30gig iPod Video
    Random DS games and some pens
    4-port USB hub connecting to my keyboard
    17" Gateway LCD monitor with Solarwinds Broadband Tools up (6 nodes are down, but at the time I was doing a bit of network maintenance)
    Saitek Eclipse II USB keyboard (Love it)
    Logitech Bluetooth wireless mouse
    19" Viewsonic Widescreen HD monitor (Can't remember model off the top of my head)
    The left, center, and right channel speakers from my Z-5300 speakers
    Technics 4-channel audio receiver that is connected to my PC and has some Hi-fi speakers connected to it
    Claude the Crab Beanie baby my friend's little sister gave me before they moved
    World of Warcraft action figure
    Insurance cards for my Explorer on top of my Gameboy Advanced SP in NES trim

And a pic of my PC:
    [​IMG]

Intel Core 2 e6600 2.4 ghZ OC'd to 3 GHz
    xfx nVidia 8800GTS 320MB
    4 gigs of Corsair XMS DDR2 800MHz RAM OC'd to some amount I don't remember (but has been stable for a year now)
    Corsair 575 watt Modular PSU
    ASUS mobo (can't quite remember the model number)
    500gig WD SATA 3.0gb HDD
    1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 HDD
    LITE-on DVD burner
    Lian LI V-200B plus full tower aluminum case ( Can't decide what I want to do with it still :lol: )

And then the living room area in the basement ( Don't flame I live at home, but the basement is like my own apartment. Almost out of debt from Student loans and am currently waiting for loan approval on a condo :D )

First of, the AV section:
    [​IMG]

Hope I can remember it all (From left to right):
    Nintendo Wii
    One of five Pioneer Surround speakers
    SNES with a modded Dragon Quest 5 made to run translated on an NTSC US SNES
    Shelf 'o Wii-motes and nunchucks and an SNES controller
    Next shelf down is a bin with some books and manuals for the Wii
    Xbox 360 on the next shelf and then the arcade stick for the Sega and a few Wii attachements
    Next spot down is all the SNES games and the xbox controllers
    Rock Band guitar
    42" Sanyo HDTV ( A few years old now, only does 720p currently displaying me playing Dragon Quest 5 from the SNES ) and the Wiimote IR bar on the top of it
    Behind the TV is the Satellite box
    On the AV shelf below is a Sony A/V Receiver with a total of 600 watts (5x100 and 100 watts for the sub)
    On top of the A/V receiver is the center channel speaker as I am needing a shelf to mount it on the wall above the TV
    Next to that is the PS3 (hard to see, but there's a USB cord coming out of it)
    And the Subwoofer next to that (100 watt 8")
    Spool 'o Ethernet cable

And here's my Digi-drums (no room to put up my 8-piece set)
    [​IMG]

Tis a lower-end ION kit but I love it and it has great audio quality for being a MIDI kit

I have other pics but I am at work and don't have them uploaded to Photobucket yet so they will have to await another post on another day!
    :clap:

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I tried out the 'make a panoramic picture' in windows live photo gallery and had it stitch together pics of my desk from the view of my chair.

I'll take some more yet someday. Monitor looks high but it really isnt that high.

[​IMG]

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

8. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

Sorry to be a pedantic c**t, but that's an Eclipse, not an Eclipse II.

9. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

Please tell me you don't keep your guitars like that?

10. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Aye, they at least should be the other way around, to help take the stress off the neck the strings put on them.

Also, why are there big "X"s on the faces of only the pictures of men on your walls?

11. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Hit list? :worried:

12. Connection|Closed

Connection|Closed What's a Dremel?

That chair must be damn unconfortable? Reminds me of school/lectures.

13. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

So, update to Lockyland.... all pics are links to larger versions.

I think this is what things looked like last time I posted in this thread. My semi-populated rack and other fun goodies.

[​IMG]

This is what things looked like last week after the move into the new office.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And now we find ourselves looking at this evening. Total chaos! Well, it looks messy anyway. I'm pulling servers for upgrades/rebuilds. I'm also trying to get everything ready for their new homes. The mighty box of Triscuits returns!

[​IMG]

A quick note, the Dell 2407 in the pic below is the same one as the one above. The pics are just taken at different points of progress. Another major note is that my this time of the day, I have moved on from Triscuits to bagel chips....delicious.

[​IMG]

Random whoring:
    One of the file servers will all the HD cages removed.
    Testing new RAID array.
    Final copy to new array before closing the case. Yeah, it weighs a ton.
    Boxx server before the old drives were removed.
    The new drives.
    Close-up.

So, what does a guy do when he fills up a rack? Stop? No, that would be doing what everyone else tells me I should be doing. Enter craigslist and my latest big score: two 42U Dell racks complete with sides, doors, and other goodies. I've cleared out the left rack. I'm still amazed at what they left in these when they sold them to me. The big find was a Dell Powervault 51F Fibre Switch. Not much use to me but it and the GBIC's might fetch some decent dough on ebay. Should easily pay for the racks and then some.

[​IMG]

The Dell logo will be dealt with at the next AM modders meeting. I'm also on the hunt for some cheap LED light strips.

[​IMG]

All the shelves and rail kits from the left rack. Just to the right of the pile is the 51f

It's going to be about two weeks for some of the new parts to get here. Some more cheap rackmount finds and accessories. Craigslist, ebay, amazon, and most of all, my local goodwill computer store have proved damned awesome. Where else can you get brand new Antec rack cases for $25. I'm still on the hunt for a cheap table or desk that is bigger than the current one. New pics will should be posted after all the hardware is transferred to the Dells. I have some special things planned.

14. chwebbz

chwebbz What's a Dremel?

dual dell 22inch, in need of a new desk its a tad too small for 2 monitors.
    [​IMG]

and my 32inch V series:
    [​IMG]

15. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

What do you do LockmanX?

16. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Why two xbox 360s? Did you put linux on one?

17. chwebbz

chwebbz What's a Dremel?

nah ones got rrod. happened back when the warranty was only 3 months, so i opened it up and attempted to fix it myself. its just sittin there now waiting to be picked up by a friend who is gonna take it to a shop to see if they can fix it.

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

My funktion one stack.

Well yah...

[​IMG]

I have to redo it. There was a lot of moisture in the air here, as we just washed carpets. I'm going to cut the sheets more accurately and glue them onto poster board, rather than rig it all up with tape.

I'd like to cover the wall in front of me with a huge panoramic view of say, a skyline (not the car).

19. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

is that thing in the corner a PC talledega? it looks cool - have you got a project log for it?

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

The Strat is one I was borrowing from a friend for the day while I was waiting for a new set of strings for the Les Paul. That is usually kept on my bed during the day, and then in the corner, other way around at night.

They are a set of posters I designed for our house play. I rather like them actually.

I had a nice big leather one which I broke, and to be honest, I'm to lazy to go buy another one. This one is actually surprisingly comfortable.