1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Who watched the Watchmen?

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 4 Mar 2009.

1. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

yeah the way the slo mo came across to me was like single page uberpanels in comic books focusing on one big moment. that's the distinct impression it gave me, and it wasn't overused as i initially feared it would be.

2. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

Maybe i was too general in my previous comment...

The problem was (only) in the prison break out, pretty much every other punch was slowed down.

sure its cool to see their sheer advantage in combat, and maximize the impacts.. just not every time.

3. K

K 528491

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Loved it to bits. Saw it last night, and it really was great. :thumb:

Mrs GOO wasn't to hot on it though, as it really didn't have a Mrs GOO compatible ending, but she did chuckle in the right places, and was throughly shocked at the graphic violence.

Did like the little in jokes. Did anyone else spot what Viedt's lab complex was called?

S.Q.U.I.D

If you've read the Novel, you won't be disapointed.

When's the 4hr Director's cut Bluray out? :D

5. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Best.Movie.Ever.

Saw it last night and was completely blown away, the details were
    unbelievable and the whole way it was presented was pure art.
    Plus although I wasn't too familiar with the book the film was
    still very understandable.

A+

6. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

I smiled as soon as I got into the theater. Right in front was two full rows of children and their parents. When the intimate scene played and most of them got up and left, I've never laughed so hard. All I could think was "Did the parents even read the novel?".

7. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

... the movie is rated 18!?

8. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Also, only "most" of them left?

:eyebrow:

9. quack

quack Minimodder

In the US it's rated R - Restricted. Persons under 16 not admitted unless accompanied by parent or adult guardian.

10. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

The only ones who stayed had kids who were at least 15-16, the parents with youger children left. I still don't know why they took the kids to the movie in the first place.

-fixed

11. quack

quack Minimodder

It doesn't help that the MPAA ratings are useless.

I am so glad Watchmen was rated 18 in the UK, keeping almost all of the kids out of the cinema when I went to see it yesterday evening.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Still didn't stop the blokes behind us giggling every time johns cock appeared on the screen.

13. quack

quack Minimodder

Hehe. There was a bit too much blue glowing penis on screen for my liking. Was it all necessary? :p

14. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i would have to agree. it was a bit much. Here in canada it was rated 18A since we don't have an R rating.

15. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

Ahh, that makes more sense - although I bet those kids loved sitting next to their parents while those scenes were on :hehe:

16. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Am going to see it this weekend, am rather looking forward to it.

17. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

i for one am glad the blue cock was left in, it was a sticking point for how close it stayed to the comic for me.

what i cant understand is why they leave in blue cocks and have pieces of dialogue that were clearly meant for the page and then go and change important parts of the plot? stoopid

having said that i thoroughly enjoyed the film - 7/10 for me

18. Mokey Mokey

Mokey Mokey What's a Dremel?

I saw it Friday at the IMAX (the wraparound surround sound made the rain pattering on the windows sound so real) and was incredibly pleased. I was worried it would not stay true to the book, but it did :clap:. The historical sequences were fantastic as the opening title sequence and covered some of the plot, but if you have not read the book you would get utterly lost during the movie (I know some people who say it was a horrible movie :eeek:, of course they had not read nor heard of Watchmen). I encourage people who have not seen the movie to read the book before watching. It will make the experience so much more enjoyable.

That's awesome, I've got to watch it again.

19. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I saw the movie and thought it was excellent, and I had never read the graphic novel before. Never even heard of it before the trailers last fall. I mean it's a comic, it's not that complicated. The opening sequence did a good job of explaining the history, and I didn't feel lost throughout the movie.

The only part that I wondered about while I was watching was whatever happened to the Hooded/hangman's noose guy. Wiki cleared that up.

20. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I really enjoyed it. I never read the comic until a couple of days before I watched the film, but a friend text me and told me it was far better if you had read it because you know what is going to happen next, and you can't wait. I went with a couple of guys who hadn't read it and they thought it was pants.

The only thing that disappointed me was the way they condensed the sequence where Dr Manhattan is on Mars and he skips about through time "It is 1945 and I'm..." etc. It was really good in the book and helped get across the way he perceives the world.

Also, the ending in the book, although cool would have been the definition of a 'what the hell' moment, so I understand why they changed it. It made just as much sense and was a bit more down to earth in a way.

Oh, and the guy who played Rorschach was perfect. Exactly how I imagined.