1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Roofing Group UK

Discussion in 'General' started by Gareth Halfacree, 6 Sep 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Why is it when you get a company out for the first time - with the promise of large sums of money being involved - they're tripping over themselves to help, but when a problem occurs they vanish into the aether?

Wait, don't answer that.

Having moved into a house with a very dodgy roof, I spent a large chunk of my hard-earned on a nice new re-roof from a company called Roofing Group UK (a.k.a. "Roofing UK"). They're members of all the right trade groups, and pride themselves on their customer service. A salesman called Barry came round the next day and offered us a very competitive quote. The work went ahead, all was shiny.

A few months later - on the 17th August, to be precise - a leak develops where the dormer bedroom meets the main roof. This trickles down until it meets the ceiling of the spare bedroom - which holds my not-inconsiderable collection of computing equipment. Less than ideal, one might think.

The 18th of August sees the hero of the tale - my wife, actually - contacting the company and being told we'd be added to the list for someone to come and look.

The 29th of August - eleven days since the problem was reported - and I call Roofing Group UK myself to find out what's taking so long. "Craig," I'm told, "is on holiday in Spain until the end of September. Nothing will happen until he gets back." Meanwhile, of course, the roof is still leaking, and my room is still getting ruined.

The 1st of September - now fifteen days since the report - and I call again. I'm told the same story, but am promised that another employee - they have two, it seems - will definitely call me back the next day to discuss resolution.

And finally today. Heavy rains last night meant even more damage, and the company still hasn't bothered to get in touch. I'll now be leaving answerphone messages on the hour every hour, plus drafting an official notice of impending action to send as a precursor to taking them to court.

In short, don't use Roofing Group UK.

The whole sorry saga is playing out on my website. I hope to zombie jebus that I can post a messages saying it's all sorted soon, because this is really getting on my wick now.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Have you taken pictures of the damage?

If/when you have, send them recorded delivery.

3. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

That is so typical of companies. My parents had their roof retiled in May by a local firm that they had seen around a lot, and had heard good reviews of; a month later there were a couple of leaks in the roof, and they are still trying to get him back to fix it.

Keep harassing them, and make them aware that you are making the public aware via your site.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Why does that name ring a bell?? Have they been on watchdog or rogue traders??? Im not sure.

5. chancon

chancon What's a Dremel?

6. chancon

chancon What's a Dremel?

suprise suprise another unhappy customer of cowboy group uk sorry roofing uk.
    what a total joke of a firm (1 man and his dog).

they were called about a dormer roof that was totally wrecked by storm damage, i should have realised when they said they were going to replace the boards and fiberglass it without scaffolding that they were a dodgy outfit. after attempting to get on the roof without any scaffold i convinced him (shaun) that scaffolding was required.

days turned into weeks waiting for them, sorry him, to come and replace the roof, eventually and another ceiling on the next floor now soaking wet he comlpeted the roof.

BUT!!!! water continued to leak in, you could see daylight in between the new roof and the slated part of the main roof, but roofing uk kept telling us it was condensation!!!!

i eventually met shaun at the property and showed him the daylight which he accepted needed seeing to, i agreed to pay him that day (which i did) and he agreed to be there the next day to mend the leak. the date was 6TH JANUARY 2009.

HE STILL HAS NOT BEEN.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. COWBOY AND CONMAN (boy)

7. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

In the interim, have you done anything to prevent further leaking? You can take some tarp material, slide it up under the shingles above the leaking spot so that water runs down on top of the tarp. That's the common method we use here along the gulf coast after a hurricane

That should help keep the water out and prevent further damage while you sort our the roofing company.

-monkey

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Have you given Trading Standards a call?

9. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Holy thread revival Batman! :jawdrop:

10. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Damnit, thread necromancers.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

only noticed that now... anyway, what happened Gareth?

12. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

:duh:
    That'll teach me to reply without looking at the dates. :blush:

-monkey

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ooh, this *is* an old 'un.

They *eventually* fixed the roof over a month after I reported it. They didn't, however, offer any money to repair the damaged room or its contents.

They also e-mailed me recently complaining that I was "unfair" for telling the whole interweb what a useless shower they were. See here.

14. chancon

chancon What's a Dremel?

with his roofing skills and her customer service and spelling skills they have to be THE WORST ROOFING COMPANY IN WEST YORKSHIRE.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.