1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Halo Wars

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Veles, 26 Feb 2009.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

My limited edition of Halo Wars just dropped through the letterbox this morning. Only played the first mission and a couple of skirmish games so far before going on to Halo to check out the new maps (gonna complete it on co-op with a friend of mine).

Well, not much to say so far since it's just really the same stuff as the demo, not got into the rest of the game yet, but Bloodgulch map is pretty cool :D

For anyone who doesn't know, the CE gets you the Mythic Halo 3 maps a few weeks earlier at no cost and a tin case and a few other extras, little hardback comic book which is ok (too rushed), leader cards which are kinda pointless and a Spirit of Fire (the ship in the game) patch.

Oh, if anyone wants the skulls on the mythic maps, you have to do it in forge mode, and there's a video of the locations here.

If you want an easy way to get the Sandbox skull, just take a look at my fileshare (if you click here then click on download to Halo 3 then you'll automatically download it next time you play Halo 3) and download "Skull Grabber", simply load it up in forge, head to the red base (red glowing orb above it) and head through the teleporter behind it and immediately hold the pickup button. All the hard work has been done for you (it's not really much of a challenge setting it up anyway, more of an annoyance).

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Does that mean you dont get the mythic maps with the standard box halo wars? Also anyone know how much they will be on xbox live?

Might get halo wars but need to work out if cheaper to get standard and buy the halo 3 maps or just get the special edition.

3. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Only get the maps with the special edition, I would take a guess at 800 points but they haven't released how much the maps will cost or when.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I would have thought 800 points.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I think ill get the normal edition then at some point and buy the maps seperate if around 800. It looks ok and the demo is ok, but not a game on my urgent list :).

I thought there were 6 maps but the spec on play.com says 3.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

maps will probably be free at some point, if they follow the same pattern as before...

7. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

LIke I Said this before

Wouldnt it be nice if only Halo Wars was a PC game more people would also buy the game
    therefore its much better for me XD. :wallbash::D

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I doubt there would be more sales actually, the majority of people who would buy a Halo RTS would be console owners.

9. armytype77

armytype77 "ComeGetPaco" - Gamertag

Played some of the campaign, but have played lot of the online. The first couple of scenarios were same as Demo, however the ones that followed offered more challenges. Online is quite easy in the 1vs1 cat.

10. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

(-_-)...{(^_^) halo wars Computer stile ]

XD wouldnt can u guys dream about playing Halo Wars COMPUTER GAME MAN I NO I NO i said this before but Imagine Computer Halo Wars there would be some many people buying it because its cheaper everyone has a computer less expansive then Xbox...etc. there would be so much people buying the game that the man who made this game would be rich man RICH !!!!
    :wallbash::rock:.

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That's what people say about every console game.

12. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I wonder how many of the Halo players actually realize Halo was originally an RTS for the Mac before becoming a shooter for the PC and then a launch title semi-exclusive for the XBox?

13. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Got a link to an article about the Mac RTS?

14. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I don't follow what you mean by this. Let me break things down for you.
    PC costs vs a 360, well, most families will be upgrading their TV's to HD ready, thus, the only cost is a 360, which is about £200. Now, a PC to play this would require similar specs as RA3/C&C3 and thus would cost alot more than £200

Cost of the games, well, PC games are generally cheaper, but not by much i find, it all depends on what the game is, what genre mainly.

Will there be a PC version? No, simple answer is no because MS Game Studios have disbanded Ensemble, the lot behind Halo Wars.
    Besides, Halo Wars was designed from the ground up for the 360, and thus, wouldn't work to well without alot of tweaking.

Anyway, moving back to Halo Wars, i must say, i've enjoyed it from start to finish, the story was good, the playing time was good, and the co-op was enjoyable too, and to have paid the same amount for the LE version as the normal, i really don't mind.

Sam

15. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah it would be pretty bland on a PC really, they'd have to completely redesign it to make it a challenge.

16. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Yeah let me see if I can find it again. I remember it was on Kotaku or some such page a very, very long time ago. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: My bad. It was a shooter for the MAC before Bungie was gobbled up by Microsoft, not an RTS. I will see if I can find the article about Halo on the MAC.

It is sort of Ironic. It was supposed to be on the MAC originally and then like, a year or two after the Xbox gets it then the PC and MAC get it. I find that kind of funny.

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Just heard from Major Nelson on Twitter, it'll cost 800pts and is released on April 9th.

The Mac shooter was Marathon wasn't it? (one of the Marathon games also got an XBLA release last year).

Last edited: 23 Mar 2009
  18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Nah it was Halo, althoguh I believe it was completely 3rd person back then. There's videos of it on the Halo 2 bonus disks.

I don't think the RTS game ever made it out of concept.

19. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder