1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project GT500 Mod 09 mom nomination!!!!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Degenerate83, 27 Nov 2008.

?

What should the final colour sceme be?

Poll closed 18 Feb 2009.
  1. Candy orange with black stripes

41.0%
  2. Classic white flames going to black

15.4%
  3. All back the lightning and horse

12.8%
  4. Black with blue real flames and grey stipes

30.8%
  1. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

nd Degenerate said let there be light!

Well im playing god today in the form off light!!!
    yes you heard me all the lighting is done! Whoo finished ( apart from the 2 led's that i need to replace

been in pub nd thought lets go home nd do the lights for this build....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks pretty goo so far nust need the other 2 molex plugs that werent delivered this morning!!!:wallbash:

more laters!!

oh ninja edit!!! you may have noticed i got rid off th two logos and replaced with the 2 orange stripes on the psu bay! looks better in my opinion

Last edited: 26 Feb 2009
  2. Degenerate83

how do all??

well today i feel like C**P been told im being shipped off for a few weeks to cover for another chef in a restaurant on coast......gutted as means aint gonna get bugger all done!

but hey on a brighter note

i received a nice little package in the post this morning

so i really wanna thank willie over at hwlabs for sorting me out with a gtx 160micro!!! its the cutest rad ever! so small lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this will be just behind the front intake fans and will cool the chipset off my foxconn board! so thanks willie really apprichiated:thumb:

since were talking about rads i sanded them all down today as really dont want the outer parts black, need to be orange like other parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

primed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now with a basecoat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they need a few more layers but as its cold its taking a while for them to dry so will add another coat tomorra afternoon!

anyways more as soon as i can but due to being sent off to work its gonna be slow!

cheers

Last edited: 27 Feb 2009
  3. NysoO

NysoO Handcrafted

Looking good. Cold weather and painting really don't go hand in hand. The paint doesn't flow correctly and it takes ages for it to dry. I have been painting a bit in the cold and I usually just apply the paint outdoors, then I move the parts inside where it's warm, let it flow out and dry.

4. Degenerate83

morning all

cheers Nysoo comments like that are apprichiated:thumb:

well this morning ive been up earl packing and applying last few coats of paint! but due to the fact that its damn cold ive wacked the heating up inside to a nice toasty 35'c which has warmed garage up no end :D

my missus wasnt happy when she came in to find radiators hanging all aover the garage last night so remembered i had a big old box in storage from a sofa i had delivered

[​IMG]

and thus it makes a handy little paint booth!

[​IMG]

last coat off base done and drying....time 6.30am

3rd coat of orange......(its bloody bright!!!)

[​IMG]

5 coat of orange..... its blows as needs few more layers but run out of the bloody stuff

[​IMG]

well thats it for me for a while :waah: not on i have to go work else where for a bit, but least i should have a few things when i get back.......and i can check up on site on my mobile

untill then have a good one people

5. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Extreme colour!
    If in reality is't brigh like in picture, it's fantastic!

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

It hurts to look directly at the orange. It's friggen bright.

7. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Yay! I love it when loud colors are used!

Keep it up, man.

8. Degenerate83

well cheers guys

difficult doing this on mobile!!!

@mino oh hell yeah its mega bright i specifically chose this colour for its brightness, plus 4 layers of pure white base really helps it pop out at ya!!

@cheaps...........a pair of glasses for ya :hip:

@e.e.l ...... yeah loud colours are awsome... need to be eye catching at same time tho. and it works

but for your viewing pleasure id thought id show you the brightness again...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheers again guys its comments like that, that keep me going :D

9. Flythe

Flythe What's a Dremel?

I friggin' love orange :D.

The case is huge o.0, I'll be watching this one.

10. Nolimited

Nolimited What's a Dremel?

really nice color that will be great in the case :thumb:

11. MIGUI

MIGUI What's a Dremel?

A great color, everything is very nice.
    Greetings

12. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

But... you're a chef???
    So I'm not the only modding chef around here!!!!

13. Degenerate83

Hahaha no......lmao! http://www.wacs2000.org/news/pressrelease.php?id=451 slightly off topic but im the chef on the left (younger one!!!) its a pain tho as all i wanna do is mod things nd build computers so looking to set up my own design studio soon :D

14. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

LOL
    You're famous!
    Until september 2008 I was the second chef at http://www.hotel-continental.it/ , two kitchen, 6 cooks, 130 customers only at the beach restaurant...
    A really PITA, trust in me!
    Now I'm working for an industrial bakery, I'm the head controller , now I've more free time!
    I hope that you'll set up your design studio soon, make the cook for 18 years wasn't easy, trust in me...

15. Degenerate83

Cheers Mino

yeah i know its killing me having no social life at all... plus my mind is going at 10mph with idea designs and concepts. gonna start it out off my garage and doing local markets to get money coming in! now just need to get my hand on more tools!!!

oh in mean time i have been informed that a sad thing has happened, i was talking and working with Aquapcs.co.uk regarding the cooling of my motherboard, but alas due to the financial market at the moment it seems that it has finally taken its toll on them and thus have ceased trading. it is a sad day my fellow bit tech folk when something like this happens. apart from the cooling off the motherboard being put on hold.. i really feel for a big company when this happens.

i will inform you all when im back and have a worthy update! but in mean time give it up to Nitrix for the future!!

cheers

Degen!

16. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

I have now social life.. and i'm stooned, it's incredible how I miss the real life for the lart 18 years...

Anyway, aquacps it's not alone, even here in italy some little cooling shop are "temporary" closed...

17. Degenerate83

UPDATE

whooo and he's back!!! ig to back yesterday really! but aint had time untill this morning!

just before i left i added a few more coats off that fantastic orange paint and some clear coat to the rads.....and.....i take it you wanna see the outcome..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was completely taken aback when i peeled off the paper that was protecting the fins of the rads...:jawdrop: now thats something to come home to.:rock:

Also expectiing a rather large heavy package either today or monday via fedex but will keep you all guessing about that.....

Now i only need two more components to get this beast finally up and running a damn cpu and hhd unfortunatly i didnt get them for my birthday on thursday so if any1 feels the need to donate or lend me one :D feel free hahaha no seriously if i have them i'll be done for mfestival

well i will have a rather large update soon foor you all so keep watching and comenting!

degen!

18. Degenerate83

Mornign all

Sorry for no update yesterday was in hospital getting my jaw pocked nd pulled about!!!

anyways..... a rather large package arrived on monday for me :D

so here we go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh its from Danger den!!!! whoooraaa water block goodness

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

might as well put these on then

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also recieved other goodies from them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its the i7 block so nice and shinny pics really dont do these blocks justice

also they sent me a new dd pro pump

[​IMG]

and a dual bay res

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more soon promise... have some work to do on another computer tonight that needs overclocking:D ummm overclocking goodness

19. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Mmm, good shopping, show us what setup do you have in mind :)

20. Degenerate83

ok due to lack of money in this now i'll explain. origionally i was planning a 3 loop setup cpu, gpu's, chipsets... but as i said now due to money its going to be one massive loop!!!! and this is how it goes

res> pump> 3fan rad > cpu > two fan rad > graphics > two fan 160 rad > chipsets > res

this way at least the water is cooled again before each component. im not sure how well this method is going to work but have seen a few builds do it this way.

more soon:D
    degen