1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs What Game Should I Play Next?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 9 Mar 2009.

1. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I agree, try Diablo 2 or Titan Quest. Both are great games, especially with Diablo 3 on the way (can't wait myself).

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Oh, TQ, of course. :)

Have you considered/played Prey?

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I played a bit of Titan Quest and, to be honest, hated it utterly. There was no room to do anything or have any sense of personality. The only function of the player seemed to be to plod across a boring, preset path, clicking on things repeatedly.

I played Prey when it first came out. It was kind of good.

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

So have you decided on what you are going to try first?

Also, since it is on the topic, I decided to get Hitman: Blood Money after you mentioning it is the best in the series (only ever played number 2, but loved it).

So far, so good!

5. CardJoe

Yeah, I decided: Far Cry 2.

N'ah, not really. Probably going to be Diablo 2. I've heard it's a good game, it's relevant and it's a game I should probably play.

Then Far Cry 2.

6. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Don't get sucked in, I know a few people Arkanrais That have become addicted to it. Good game though.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I have to agree with r4tch3t. It's like WoW Lite. [addiction-wise] ;)

8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Really? Not sure how you are going to get on with Diablo 2 then as it's fairly similar.

Titan Quest really starts to get good as you level up and use the skill points, it also has a great story. Would suggest giving it another chance and playing a little longer.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Did anyone Mention Black & White 1 + 2? Those are mighty addicting once you get into messing with your avatar.

And WH40K should get another go, it's pretty addiciting even on a single player skirmish, especially with the eldar(which i suck at).

Or just revisit Grim Fandango, SimCity 3000, and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

Just a final and random note that may contain spoilers:

Far Cry 2 gets really pointless after Act 2, and if you like variety, you may not like this game as much as say...STALKER: Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl.

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Black and White are quite famous....... surely he'd played it. (that's why i didn't mention it)

how about Defense Grid, Crayon Physics Deluxe?

11. CardJoe

Played both, not played, played and reviewed ;)

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well then, if you love Fieldrunner, Defence Grid will be great fun. :)

13. nicae

nicae What's a Dremel?

Understanding you like adventures and make long commutes (or was it someone else?), some adventures for a netbook:
    - Sam & Max (the very old originals)
    - Gold Rush (played it on a monochrome Mac)
    - Police Quest
    - Rippley's Believe it or not

Other genres:
    - Jagged Alliance 2 (X-Com-like, you hire mercenaries to help a guerilla in the Carribbean)
    - Tie Fighter
    - Deadlock
    - Heroes of Might and Magic
    - Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far (or any other CC title, besides the 1st)
    - Theme Hospital (hehe)
    - Detroit (Management game. This one's hard to find!)
    - Capitalism II (Best business game ever ever ever!)
    - Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix II (Oh wait, no racing games, huh)
    - IL-2 Sturmovik (I guess no flight sims either?)
    - Grand Prix Manager 2 (Gotta love Microprose!)
    - Pirates! (The new one, maybe?)
    - Colonization (The old one!)
    - Sim Farm / Sim Ant

Thinking about it, I would love an updated review on X-Com with nostalgic comments. It should take just a few minutes to write! :)

I can understand you didn't have a Nintendo64 to play GoldenEye. I didn't either. But didn't you have any friends urging you to come over and play with them? Damn, that thing was addicting to play with friends! And I'm the type that insists: "Shooters? only on PC!!"
    Go figure! :p

OK.. So this is more of a nostalgy post rather than suggestions.. Fun, anyway! :D

14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Time Splitters 2 on the PS2 was one game that topped GoldenEye in terms of console shooters.

15. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Just Cause is the poor cousin of Far Cry II. The game is awfull. Its like antonio banderas trying (poorly) to be funny...

Dark Reign I, a nice RTS. The second one wasn't that good.

Jade Empire is a really nice try too. I love the concept behind it. Not much fun, it gets a little repetitive, but you should try it.

Syndicate and/or Syndicate wars. Try syndicate wars if you need to choose one.. "persuadetron"... fantastic game!

Ultima VII... simply the best RPG ever!... Simple! Although I have to admit the best story in a game is surelly PS: Torment (I wish they had released the graphic novel they were inteting years ago), overall U7 is still the best RPG ever.

Nox is a good pseudo RPG too. I hate the shalow sense of humor on it, but still a nice game.

I know you like it but for everyone else that didn't played it b4, try "Hitman: Blood money". It's one of the oldest games i have and still play sometimes. The oldest I still play is Ultima VII: The Black Gate and ultima VII: Serpent Isle... Ooooo.. there's Mazes of Galious remake too. But i wouldn't recomend it.. it was from MSX 2+... Too old. It's just for the nostalgia!

But you still have to keep in mind all those are OLD games. A four out of 10 for Diablo? thats just SO unfair...

Last edited: 7 May 2009
  16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Evil Genius sux... A bad clone for Dungeon Keeper (wich I miss a LOT).

Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis.. a good lucasarts title.

Prey is awfull! Just because you could get upside down and there were LOTS of shiny stuff the game were overrated... I just don't get it...

Temple of elemental evil. An AD&D RPG from atari.. I think the last RPG from atari. A good one.

What about one simulation? An helicpter like simulation? I know you are not much into simulation (me too, hated HAWX) but try "G Police"

Oooo... Try "Rune".. its a melee FPS set in the nordic mythogy. Not really good in single player, but really addictive in multiplayer!
    In rune you can rip your friends arms and head and use it as weapons. I am sure you will like it a lot!

17. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

alternate reality and alternate reality:the dungeon.. it's on emu's for atari 800xl

that game was sick for it's time.. I actually went back and beat it again (remember playing it as a kid).. trippy music too..

otherwise I suggest you stay away from pokemon platinum.. I actually beat this (yeah I know) pure rubbish!!

18. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I know this is old but if you're still interested in suggestions and I don't really know if this game was reviewed, there it goes: Battle Realms, lovely RTS. Most RTS now uses some features that were new and exclusive to BR, although the Expansion Winter of the Wolf history isn't as good as the original it does explain something. Shame it never got the Lotus' sequel so the story behind the first game could really be told.
    A must play if you haven't so

Tags: Add Tags