1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming C&C Red Alert 3: Uprising

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Vhet

Vhet What's a Dremel?

Nice review. shame about the EA store though, that's gonna be a pain on ubuntu :p

3. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Yuri-ko = Female Yuri?!?

Originality! /sarc

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I'd love to get this but I'm sick of being forced to sign up to service after service to get a game and considering the lack of multiplayer I think I may well acquire by other means.

5. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I kinda want it but I'm still boycotting EA for sucking oh so hard for the last forever.

6. naokaji

naokaji whatever

EA Store Cheesecake, I tried it out yesterday for the first time to get Uprising and guess what? I could not pay for it as the Payment Site never loaded, so really, good job EA on saving me money.

7. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

EA Store is terrible, i still have a copy of Crysis purchased through there that i can't get to work following several PC hardware changes. I'm willing to bet this will appear on Steam eventually as they know the sort of sales that can be achieved on that platform, if the pricing is right.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

in challenge mode, do you get to use the FutureTech's advanced weapons?? like the super walker in soviet mission 1?

9. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Sorry but this expansion is terrible. The AI is stupid and unable to take control of the new uber units. Not only this but the game is honestly just boring after a day. Save your money guys.

10. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Playing RA3 these days and I just can't believe what they did to the RA franchise. Being a fan of RA1 (and to some extent RA2), EA has managed to destroy and dumb down the bloody game to new levels its not even funny.

RA1 had a more serious approach to its story, the technology introduced had some god damn logic (for a video game anyway :p) and the cutscenes weren't a bad joke unlike this BS.

After RA2, i expected them to move the fight to space and introduce some new element to the series, not this time travel thing (the story has more plot holes than swiss cheese).

Did i mention the units suck? :p

11. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

Yeah the units mostly sucks and it's a shame. However I have recently seen a lot of "aod" maps for ra3 and some of them are great, it's like zero hour aod, without shitty fps and fw problems :O This looks like fun too but I'm on the fence until another downloadoption comes along.

12. Sh00ter

Sh00ter What's a Dremel?

would have bit its hand off a few months ago, but as RA3 refused to work (however the torrent one worked first time....) I also wont be bothering with this

13. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Does no one else like Generals or something? Just generally seems to be some bashing of EA over there early C&C games and that was basically Generals and Zero Hour because imo Generals was by far and away the best C&C game after Red Alert and also had the best add on as the Ultimate challange mode was the stuff of legends.

14. Xir

Xir Modder

Have they managed to fix the "stuttering Input" bug in RA3?

15. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

If I zoom out the map disappears, that is not good.

16. Orionche

Orionche Guest

I liked Generals and ZH. Lots of interesting units on all sides and fun to play. :) Its more of a MP and skirmish game than anything else.

17. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Am I the only one that thinks that RA3 stinks? The worst C&C and prolly one of the worst RTS ever?

For those who like a GOOD rts, grab DoW II nao! That's an order comander!

18. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

CoH DoW II also stinks when compared to its predecessor

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

iirc the 'Suttering Input' bug was an antipiracy thing, not an actual bug.

20. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I don't know why they do that, it just spreads rumours on how buggy games are. I would rather take more sales and have an untainted product than attempt to ruin the experience for pirates. Seems kinda... petty. But then that's how I see intrusive DRM too.

Tags: Add Tags