1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nanopoint Icy Box Competition

Discussion in 'ICY BOX' started by Tim S, 18 Mar 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Phone is required for the courier companies.

I know having done mod of the year and not asked originally :(

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Sorry we forgot the UK is the only country with a decent postal-system and the rest of the world is stuck in neobarbarism...:eyebrow:

If you're motherfirm is a GmbH it's probably german...they have been seen with a package and a stamp, you now?

3. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

First of all, thanks for the competition! The whole thread is too negative, and you are now taking flak for giving out freebies. Rest assured that your effort and investment is very much appreceated :thumb:

Having said that, you should understand that by joining bit-tech, you have very much joined a global community. While I understand that the support forum is limited to giving support to UK readers, this forum offers you a chance to communicate on a global scale.
    It's always frustrating for us non-UK people that 90% of the competitions on bit (bar the Mod of the Month compos) are UK-only, so opening up this competition globally would give you instant brownie points within the whole community as "the company that gets it".

I believe that extra credit should be well worth the shipping and possibly handling cost. I could think of solutions, but so can you, so i'll leave that to you, but i do ask that you reconcider. :dremel:

4. Nathan@Nanopoint

Nathan@Nanopoint Ctrl Alt Del

Dear all

Thank you for the comments both negative & positive about the way that the competition is being run. I think that for the next competition sponsored by Nanopoint UK maybe we can reach out as far as Europe but only have one chance for delivery, if delivery fails it will be up to the winner to collect the prize from their local depot. However the goods will be returned after a week or so and if this is the case a new winner will be chosen that is UK based.

5. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I'd be more then happy with that! Thanks for reaching out, and responding so well :)

Too bad you cannot go global, but again, it's really not fitting to make demands from somebody who is handing out freebees :)

6. mystvearn

mystvearn any-may

How about emailing the winner, please provide your phone number for the courier orde as you have won the competition.

I don't want to be spammed by adds and call centers calling to sell stuff...

7. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

Doh! We have to wait to NEXT competition. Oh well - at least that's positive action for you (even though the head office is in germany and they need to ship it to the UK office - I wonder if they have a telephone??) much less than the other companies have given us a chance.
    Thanks Xtrafresh for taking to time to write something positive and for nathan and his positive response.

BTW - germany's standings in Eurovision xD

1998 Guildo Horn Guildo hat euch lieb! 7
    1999 Sürpriz Reise nach Jerusalem - Kudüs'e seyahat 3
    2000 Stefan Raab Wadde hadde dudde da? 5
    2001 Michelle Wer Liebe lebt 8
    2002 Corinna May I Can't Live Without Music 21
    2003 Lou Let's Get Happy 11
    2004 Max Can't Wait Until Tonight 8
    2005 Gracia Run & Hide 24
    2006 Texas Lightning No No Never 14
    2007 Roger Cicero Frauen regier'n die Welt 19
    2008 No Angels Disappear 23

8. Nathan@Nanopoint

Dont worry, we will be in touch to let the winner know and make sure that we have all the correct details for contacting & delivery :)

9. Nathan@Nanopoint

You made me laugh with your last comment! Maybe we can ship from Germany for some European parcels, we will have to look into this!

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, those numbers are given to the editorial team. We ring them randomly after drunken nights out to make jokes about the persons mum. It's great fun. But no, no we don't sell stuff.

11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Entered! Any chance of a review of this product? or even a round-up and review of this and similar products? Would be excellent :D

12. Nathan@Nanopoint

Hi MadGinga

I'm pretty sure that a review will be live soon :)

13. Xir

Xir Modder

Oh okay, that's allright then :D

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

What's happening with this?

15. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Any news on who won?

16. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Can't even remeber if I entered or not :/

17. Nathan@Nanopoint

Hello Everyone

The winner of the competition was drawn today and I can confirm that the name of the lucky entrant is Mr. Durkin from Liverpool.

For all of those who entered the competition I would like to thank you and wish you better luck next time ;)

18. Durko

Durko What's a Dremel?

Woohoo! Thats me!

Nathan, I apologize if the person who answered the phone was a bit short with you, but she thought you were a cold caller.

edit: Did you get the email?

Last edited: 15 Apr 2009
  19. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Wow someone who registered but never posts on the forums won...

I wish these contests would only be open to regular contributors on the forums :sigh:

20. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I never won something in my whole life, not even the Atari 2600 with a newspaper contest when i was 8 :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.