1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 3 Apr 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I saw this and burst out laughing. The movie wasn't that great so I expect very little when I give this a shot, if I ever do.

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

One bullet causes red mist from a torso hit? I hope hes using a desert eagle or some other handcannon ... meh cant use 'real' with this sort of bs!

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Sometimes I worry about you guys... ;)

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You mean a film spin off that isn't totally, totally awful? Wow!

6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Who this person reviewing this game as it does seem consistent with Bits other reviews? The tone of the review implies a lower score than then 7 it is awarded.

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

If you enjoyed the film? I personally don't know anyone who did...
    I already wandered why the game was #1 in almost every store... now I still don't know why. :)

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think, for a 'mist' you'd need something more akin to an airburst round, which currently doesn't exist smaller than 40mm. Even with a 50, you're still going to be talking 'spurt' rather than mist. Admittedly, the 'spurt' is going to be including some fragments of tissue, but not a 'mist'.

Personally, I thought the movie was a bag of arses held together with some frayed bits of twine.

This game, even though it was given a seven, looks to be about the same. I think I'll pass.

9. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Actually I was wondering the same. Has she been educated to the Bit-Tech scoring system, aka the one true scoring system? (to rule them all etc. etc.)

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Georgina is here on work experience, but I've played the game also and agree on the score. 7 was what I was planning to give it too. It's not remarkable, but it's OK.

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

It's not about size; It's about Penis Power

12. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

:eeek: WTF , my ears!!, they bleed!

13. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

You do realise, you are talking about a game tied into a film about a guy who can not only shoot the wings off a fly but also shoot round corners and at one point I seem to remember him blowing something up with rats and peanut butter or something.

But your right, it's very unrealistic! :p

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yep, but it helps distract me from how truely terrible the film was.

I also have nothing better to do.

15. perplekks45

Well, if he's got all those skills why does he needs guns at all? Couldn't he just spit some stones at his enemies?

Anyways, the mist is just there for fun and really? Realism in computer games? You want realism, join the army. :p

16. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

That equates to a 5 from me.

17. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

Well, we had this debate yesterday, and for a seven, the score guide says "It’s not a product for everyone, but it’s one that is well-worth considering if you are in the target demographic." - If you like Gears of War, violent 3rd person shooting etc, then Wanted: WoF is a reasonable choice....

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya the movie was a joke, I mean come on, the ONLY thing made worth paying to see the movie was that ASS shot of Jolie, other then that the movie was straight out joke, they should have called it something like The Matrix retarded cousin....

19. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

I saw the movie and didn't mind it. I occasionally like a pointless action movie. (Like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Transporter, xXx, etc) So for $1 from a Redbox it really wasn't --that-- bad. However a while after that I was in a Borders or Barnes and Noble and saw the graphic novel and I was like "Well the movie was ok, I wonder what the original was like." And I sat down and started reading it. About 3 pages in I stopped and double checked the cover. Except for the name "Wesley" there is absolutely NOTHING similar about the two. Unlike Sin City which used the graphic novel as a story board, it seems the idea behind Wanted was: "What happens in the novel? Okay, let's not do that." While a few screen shots seem to show that Wesley gets his costume finally in this game, its still not enough to erase the confusion from my mind. Other than that this looks like a B-movie mash-up of Max Payne / Gears of War. I would think it would be closer to a 6, but I have not played it and I don't review games. :p

20. perplekks45

If you want to see some good ass shots, watch The Spirit. :naughty:

Tags: Add Tags