1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Quebec law tramples English-only subtitles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Apr 2009.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

That's so utter ****ing ******** it's not even funny. If you really can't live without French language then FFS move to France! Who wants to play games in a dubbed language? Who can't understand English enough to play a game? French, apparently. Just so stupid, it's not gonna solve anything and it's just gonna ban the citizens from some game titles. Where's the point.

And that sucks just as much. In Finland we have minority of Swedes and thus EVERYONE is teached Swedish in schools. All federal stuff must also be available in Swedish etc. And all the hassle just because there's a bunch of people living in Finland who refuse to use the Finnish language. Anyway there's also an area in Finland called Ahvenanmaa (like Quebec, main language is Swedish instead of Finnish) and people there don't speak Finnish! I mean what the hell, all of Finland has to speak Swedish, and then these turds can't speak Finnish? That's just so wrong.

Enough of rant, just my 2 cents and some.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2009
  2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

*sigh* ...

get a fcking clue already, jeez

3. dec

dec [blank space]

I thought all the big name companies (EA, Nintendo, etc) make multilanguage games to begin with. I dont think this law will do much as people can just go to ontario or new brunswick or any other province to get games. Its not like japan is saying "all games must be released in french only". Quebec doesnt have the huge gaming market so not too many people should be affected.

4. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Padan-psssssh, top class. Hey lets everyone just keep our wrong opinions to our selves.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

This article has been updated to clarify a few points.

Tags: Add Tags