1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress H2O-C7 June 26 Still more Rain! SUX

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jhanlon303, 22 Oct 2008.

?

Guess my weight!

Poll closed 25 Dec 2008.
  1. Less than 2Kg

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. 2Kg to 3Kg

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. More than 3KG

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Sweating Cannonballs

Lest any thread readers think I have given up on H2O-C7 and dedicated myself to grave robbing and old skeletons, I present:

[​IMG]

I taped up all the CF panels and did some diligent measuring and measuring and measuring. I have to remove 3.5mm off the 2 long sides to get them inset. The front and rear are flush, the 2 long sides fit between the front and rear and the top panel sits flush all around.

Now comes the challenge of working up to the cuts.

john

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Lol.

If you're anytihng like me... Cutting carbon fiber starts with retracting my testes and wiping the sweat from my brow.

Goodluck mate!

3. jhanlon303

I hear that! Not likely to waltz into Home Depot and get a replacement panel. Did you catch the 'good' sign? I had a really hard time finding flaws so I marked good and bad on the tape.

This is just excellent stuff. I'll do the rendermandan epoxy bracing in moderation and some nice GE Black silicone II for light tightness at the seams.

Wish me well all. I might try small cut and then power sand to fit.

john

4. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Yo can get syringes of a black 1part glue called BlackMagic. At least that's what I know it by. I recently had about 12 unlabeled syringes of it given to me, I think it's normally used in speaker repair and ferrite bonding. It will bond BRILLIANTLY with your panels, I'm using it in Prometheus.

Just clamp your panels in place and a quick even line of BlackMagic does the trick. It even leaves a curved meniscus(?) for a neatly beveled result.

Edit:
    Black Magic 737

* Ideal for bonding parts made of steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, plastics, elastomers and more.
    * Easy to use one part (no mixing) no mess.
    * Cures through gaps to .020".
    * Easily inspectable.
    * Cures in 20-30 seconds.
    * Contains no solvents.
    * Resists most chemicals.
    * Applied from dispenser tip bottles or automatic application equipment.

Trust me... you want this stuff.

5. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I found this on the third page.
    A bump for a friend.

6. jhanlon303

Thanks! I've been doing a proposal for a Govt. test engineer position. Samples of automated scripts in multiple languages, detailed examples of test case designs, non-disclosure papers, references, etc. They want me to un-retire for a year to 18 months. It will be costly for them.

I've been doing this for my steampunk forum contest:

[​IMG]

john

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I'm busy as hell too.:(
    -added a house to the list. It needs a lot of work.
    It has a 'free-range' toilet!:eyebrow: Why is the plumbing always broke?

That has an odd combination of cute and morbid.

mvagusta likes this.
  8. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

what's a free range toilet??

John, Congrats on the "un-retiring", assuming that is what you want to do, of course.

How's the Wife's Hands atm? I hope that all is good and fruitful in the land of jhanlon303

9. jhanlon303

I had forgotten how much fun:)wallbash:) it is to interview with the US Govt. By the time I had rewritten my resume to get it into the Govt scannable form I almost didn't recognize me. The thought of 40 to 50 hours a week in a 5 story cement cube with no windows and no internet brings back memories, but the US Govt appears willing to spend some serious money when they want to. Not many other places doing so well these days.

john

mvagusta likes this.
  10. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Gub'mint jobs are the only ones that pay well ATM.

@VP - One that is no longer bolted down, and rocking around on the hole in the floor.

11. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

From what I understand, even prisons have both, so....

You worked in hell, didn't you?

12. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

And he'll go back again. Well, I guess, someone has to do it. Cheers, John, for saving us all! :) :thumb:

13. drummerdude152002

drummerdude152002 What's a Dremel?

Ok, seriously, I've been reading this thread for the last 3 hours, from start to this point, and I've gotta say, this is one of the coolest mods I've seen. Very very cool my friend.

OFF TOPIC: I just wanna say I've been reading the forums for the better part of 2 years now, and really love how much of a community bit tech really is. Seeing Boy 4rm oz, langer, mod minded, franklin, everybody really , commenting on each others AWESOME mods, It's a really cool thing.

/off topic

ON TOPIC: This mod looks really cool. I love it m8. Very cool.

mvagusta likes this.
  14. jhanlon303

Thanks for all the comments guys and I'll be back to the case very soon. The electronics is all done and running gOS. All that is left is the formal put together and the CF case completion.

The people I've been having 'formal' discussions with are of the opinion that the only way to keep some Govt systems secure is to NEVER allow them to connect to the Interweb directly.

Testing internet security software without the internet is like cooking recipes without a kitchen.

"Please tell us every time you have been outside the continental United States in the last 10 years. Detail where you went, how long you stayed and the purpose of your visit"

Last edited: 15 Apr 2009
  15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

You'll get the job 4 sure, just tell them that you are so securely secret, that not even ups or fedex can find me!

16. jhanlon303

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jhanlon303

Thanks for reminding me! Teh govt is wanting to know about awards and 'At A Boy's'.

I received a Teammate of Distiction award from Mc Donnel Douglas. I got this pen and $1K in 1984. VP for Mc D. in Denver preented it to me at an all hands breakfast.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have no macro skills.
    Anyway, this VP with the $300 tie and suit says:
    "Son, I don't know what you do but you are very good at it." "What is it you do for us?"

I couldn't tell him because my security clearance was higher than his. [​IMG]

Google it. It's not given lightly. Now I must update my resume.(Maybe @ 5 AM. not now)
    Interviews with spooks half your age is 'interesting'

john

18. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

You are one interesting cat John. Very cool

19. jhanlon303

I don't know about interesting, but after 30 years of data processing my thinned down resume is 4 pages. That only starts in 1980. My life before that was quite varied. I've had fun living amongst the people on your planet.

john

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

GAH! JUST CUT IT ALLREADY! :thumb: