1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Which high airflow fulltower case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zomygodowned, 29 Mar 2009.

1. Zomygodowned

Zomygodowned What's a Dremel?

Csniper im going to go 4ghz i7 and not just cpu but gpus aswell im going to cool the 3 gtx 275s im getting and xtreme ovrcking them. 3 Evga 275 1792gb gddr3

Im going to a tech highschool next year and taking 2hours of electrical engineering basically c++ and stuff like that so my parents are wi:rock:lling to pay for me to build it as a gaming comp that i can use fir school and electrical engineering is basically in the computer field so later in my life ill eventuallybe building comps so im taking a head start it it something that i like and will be choosing as my careerpath sorry for the errors im typing from my ipod. I hacked my psp when i was 10 and my wii when i was 12 and soon my ipod after os 3.0 comes out. Since i was 9 my teachers have been asking me to fix their computers again im 13

I leaning toward the haf or the :rock:cosmos for l/c potential so keep up with the posts and all people just viewing the arcticle, sign up and respond if you have useful info its greatly apprecated

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Apr 2009
  2. RiverKairyn

RiverKairyn The Cenobite Prototype

The Lian-Li PC-P80 case is great for air-cooling and it's fulltower - MASSIVE!

Plenty of room for even the biggest water-cool's!

3. Zomygodowned

Thats cosmos s sry not 1000 stpid smiley faces

Yeah i forgot about that case p80 im also looking at that

4. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

The Corsair is a top watercooling case; it comes ready for three radiators at top of the case and all possible holes needed. The price is in the killing zone.

5. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

Why do you need 3 gts275's xtremeoverclocked? Believe C++ coding doesn't even need 1. Unless you are gaming @ 1080p, you would not need over 1 either. Why not save your parents some money for the economic slowdown so they can pay for 4 years of tech school :thumb:? Money is hard to come by nowadays.

Check out petratechshop's preconfigured kits, they're pretty good and not too expensive.
    It is of my opinion that water cooling is not worth it unless you will be customizing your own kit, which usually costs in excess of 200, unless you buy used.

Why not go for air-cooling for your first build. Air cooling nowadays perform really well, and they look sweet too, check out the air cooling section at xtremesystems.

Case: I love Lian Li's, to me, they are the perfect mix of elegance, performance, and quality. - And their cheaper than Silverstones.

BUT, you can't go wrong the the HAF. Why not take a look at the Silverstone TJ09?

Last edited: 22 Apr 2009
  6. Zomygodowned

Yo i going to be playing crysis and gaming why else would i go i7 and 3 gpus

I live in us and corsiar hasnt come out with a case yet its coming next month

The school is free but i had to take an exam to get selected from 40 out of 250

:rock: my school is free but i had to take an exam to get accepted out of 250 and only 40 make it i was one of those 40:jawdrop: :read: :p

I live in middlesex zhangmaster my school is in the middlesex county college your from nj you should be able to find it

Please use the edit button in future. It's there for a reason.

7. antaresIII

antaresIII tephigram

I think we are all concentrating on components instead of looking on the whole build.

The monitor defines the GPU; a 30" monitor with huge resolution is the only one problematic from the current GPU offer if you play on all maxed.

A nice HP lp2475w sells for around 430 pound sterlings. (1920x) and it does need three 275Nvidias.

If you throw everything inside you computer now, then you'll have a boring machine. I think it is a lot more interesting to build a flexible one and then add water cooling and SSD as other components based on your actual observations.

8. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Recon a HAF with a 240 rad would be good.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

10. Zomygodowned

Yeah thanks for the advice already got a 1920x1080 23 inch monitor its a new one
    Im going to air cool my case for a couole of months then go lc and also get ssd later wgen its cheaper im starting with 6gb ram and upgrading to 12 oh and dont put stuff with pounds cause i live in us and have no idea what its equal to :duh: :wallbash: :nono: :thumb:

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

1. The Armorsuit is pretty awesome, plus it's a Lian-Li.

2. The HAF932 is a great aircooling case but dust is an issue like you wouldn't believe. It's also pretty well sorted for WC, IMO (or I wouldn't be WC'ing in it!)

3. Why bother SLI'ing and then WC'ing 3 cards when you can do 1 or 2 (GTX285/295 or 4870x2)?

Last edited: 24 Apr 2009
  12. Zomygodowned

Dude first of all the armorsuit is on my list i like it alot second wtf is gtx 289 third 295=$$$ and 3 285s own 2 295s fourth ati and 4870x2= **** nvidia owns ati ati and amd are EPIC FAILS :wallbash: :duh: :confused: :miffed:

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Gah, typo.
    Fixed.
    I'm sure many would disagree with you on the AMD/ATI = epic fail part, but wth.

14. SiG

SiG What's a Dremel?

So, 2x BFG GTX295 for $1050 ($525 each)
    3x BFG GTX285 for $1065 ($355 each)

and 2x BFG H20 GTX295 for $1520 ($760 each)
    3x BFG H20 GTX285 for $1590 ($530 each)

I somehow don't see how your point of GTX295s being $$$ should therefore be a factor.
    Furthermore I'm not quite sure as to when you'd actually notice a discernable difference between 2xGTX295s and 3xGTX285s in everyday use - and even then would a theoretical Texture Fill Rate of 184.4 billion/sec from the 2xGTX295s be superior to the 3xGTX285s' 155.4 billion/sec ?
    Of course the above assumption relies on perfect SLi drivers and good luck with that one. :hehe:

15. Zomygodowned

Im getting gtx 275 280 or 285 now and 2 more in a year or so im not spendin over $600 on graphics that way and i hate dual gpu cards for somereason oh im sure that many would dissagree but look at it this way 295>4870x2. i7>phenomII 955

16. Zomygodowned

Which case is best for liquid cooling?
    Haf 932
    Cosmos s
    Lian li p80 (non ati edition)
    Xclio 1000/2000
    Thermaltake:
    Speedo
    Armor+
    Xaser VI
    Or any suggestions

17. alphadog0309

alphadog0309 What's a Dremel?

you know im gonna suggest the tj07 but im my opinion either you go with the first three.. i prefer the cosmos s but you want a window....p80 is meh unless your doing serious modification and cool stuff to it.... my vote goes to haf based on what you wanna do

18. SiG

SiG What's a Dremel?

'Best for <x>' is completely open to reader preferences and interpretation. However, I think it's safe to say that the HAF 932 will not be utilised to its full potential if you're water-cooling.

I will however mention the Thermaltake SwordM LCS for the simple reason that it's already designed and set up (to a certain extent) for the things you want to do.

19. Zomygodowned

Ive decided to go dual loop now and looking at the xaser as a contender and i can buy a window for cosmos s karan/alphadog0309

20. Zomygodowned

Anyone know which kinds and howmany rads will fit in the haf
    answer here or in another forum im going to post