1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

To tell you the truth, I think its the black glass table thats making this set up.

Lol ya I was worried about my PS3 falling when I first put this set up together, and thats why its next to a couch as Buzzons stated. But it's really stable and I'm confident that it wont fall.

Companion 5, their actually not that bad, opposed to the other BOSE products I've had, and sadly returned...

2. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

whats that on top of your monitor?

3. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

If you paid more than $130 for those Bose, you paid too much.

Get some Behringer 2030p's and never look back.

4. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

I'm new here, so what better way to introduce myself than by showing my room. :D

These are some older pictures from last summer, I have made a few changes since then but I'll post some new photo's when I have a few things in.
    The front of the pc.
    [​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

Side
    [​IMG]

Side open
    [​IMG]

Right now it looks more like this:
    [​IMG]

What you see:

PC
    For the specs look here

I've put the monitor on a stand, because I got trouble with my nek staring down.
    Since these photos I have:
    -Tidied up the cable mess.
    -Replaced most of the fans.
    -Replaced the side window with AC-Ryans mirror acrylic.
    -Put in a Vertex SSD.

What's coming up:
    -Scythe Kaze Server fancontroller. (My motherboards software doesn't work properly anymore. And it only went down to 6V where the fancontroller has an auto mode and can go down to 3.7V)
    -Lian-Li DVD front bezel. (To make it a bit tighter looking)

Last edited: 2 May 2009
  5. customh

customh conflagration.

Roommate got a set of logitech z2300 while he had his companion 5's and decided the price difference and hassle of USB when having a laptop wasn't worth it. He got $250 out of em on ebay, and paid ~90 for the z2300

6. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Its a Creative Pro Live or something along that name.

I paid almost $600CAD for them.

7. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Thought I'd update my setup pics.

I'm currently between setups as I'm moving my office. I'm still working on the new one so for the time being I've got the new desk in the old office.

The plan for the new office is for their to be no cables on show at all if I can help it, you can see from the behind shot of the cable basket behind the desk.

The laptop is the 2.4ghz macbook, the screen is a 20in acd on a humanscale vesa mount. The thing on the left of the desk is my bt phone, and the iphone is a 3g one.
    Tucked under the desk is all the power bricks etc along with a freecom 500gb xss drive which is very small and quiet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can view some more of in progress on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/gordyhand/sets/72157616461145868/

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

why do you have such a complex monitor stand and not use it fully?

9. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Er... Gordy, I have the same desk (in a different colour), same laptop, same mouse, same keyboard, and an iPhone too! The only thing different is the monitor (Dell 24" here). How weird is that!

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Holy crap, Mr. Neat! That ACD does look sexy, though..

[​IMG]

Same ****, different room. Again. Finally got my Tannoy speakers, and they sound haawwt. Oh, and the guitar under the desk is the 'Fibson' I'm working on.

11. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I bought it for two reasons. Firstly the standard acd stand is too low and was doing my neck in. Second it gives me the ability to move it out of the way if I need to clear my desk for paperwork.

It was quite cheap only £50 so it's more than worth it for me.

Hehe good old ikea and apple.

I can't stand stuff on my desk it drives me nuts. With the new office I have three big cupboards going in. Two with filing and storage for all the bits, the third will have a hidden test setup for clients machines. You can see them all built behind the desk in one of the shots above.

12. Jux_Zeil

Jux_Zeil What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Here's my setup. Nice for gaming.
    Home built P4 640 HT OC'd 3.759GHz, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 8800GT 512MB, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi FPS with X-RAM. ECS RS400-A Mobo. 2X 1 TB F1's in RAID1 for data + 1X 320GB XP Pro Vol. + 1X 320GB Vista Ultimate Vol. Dual Boot. Sony Bravia 42" EX 1080p. Philips 5.1 stereo with active Audiosource Sub. A4 TECH wireless keyboard and mouse. Canon Pixma MP160 multifunction printer. PS3.

She's old but still doing me proud.

13. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Cable management by drawer knobs! Clever idea.

john

14. Jux_Zeil

Good thing I didn't have anything of mine in the draws.:lol:

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Yeah, but when someone goes in there to get something out, they'll take your TV, stereo and PS3 crashing to the floor with it. I had a similar setup once, and it caused me no end of grief.

16. Jux_Zeil

Well I have moved since that pic but I have still got the same hardware.

[​IMG]

That's better. Just being lazy not taking a new pic really.

17. LockmanX

LockmanX What's a Dremel?

Finally got the conference tab*cough* I mean desk I was looking for. I have to say, I'm pretty happy. The was an unfortunate incident involving someone impounding my box truck that made this the single most expensive piece of furniture I ever bought. But, I think the results speak for themselves...

[​IMG]

And a crap panorama...

[​IMG]

The crappy resolution free flickr accounts max at don't really do justice for how massive this table is. EDIT: Bit the bullet and went to a pro account. Wow does my camera take some terrible pics. I'll have to work on that. I kinda want to get another dell for the other side...you know, for symmetry. That, however, is many paychecks away.

Now to stay away from craigslist until I can actually afford to eat something besides ramen.

Last edited: 6 May 2009
  18. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Mix in some ground beef and onions with the Ramen. US Army food. Got my oldest son through 3 years in Germany.

john

19. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

My little corner of heaven...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice the differences with regards to the monitor - found a hp monitor stand in work (vesa 100) and 'adapted' is to fit my hyundai monitor (vesa 80) - original hyundai stand was a real POS.

20. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

So I just did some cleaning and thought I might post some fresh pics...

Overall studio view
    [​IMG]

This is my workbox. I built it a few months back. Basically an oversized toolbox that I keep (almost) all of my tools in:
    [​IMG]

This is all of my photo/video/production stuff. Lightstands, gels, 2-ways, lights, strobes, stands, cables and more cables, HD cam.....and other randoms:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, my box of heavy duty extension cords. This thing is HEAVY (fortunately it has wheels).
    [​IMG]