1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Take-Two suing 3D Realms over DNF

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 May 2009.

1. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Hang on, this is the Take Two that sent over some chief troubleshooter to Russia when STALKER was going south and (rumour has it) told him not to come home until the game was in some sort of shippable state?

Shame every section of the company didn't act as assertively as that one when it came to DNF. Ironically if T2 wins the suit a Duke game will have to emerge from SOMEBODY to cover the loss and the cost of the suit in the first place.

2. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I thought DNF stood for Did Not FInish?

:)>

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Please don't give them ideas! They might just hire a crap developer to quickly finish the console versions of DNF-Lite and we have to wait one more year for a crappy PC-port of a crappy DNF game. :(

4. lanester

lanester What's a Dremel?

Damn you beat me to it!

5. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

that is an insult to Half-Life franchise and Valve Software. Duke Nukem 3D sure is a funny game but in no way can you compare it to the awesomeness that is Half-Life. And to even think Duke Nukem can eclipse HL2 is laughable if not a criminal offense.

6. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

It turns out that the real reason DNF has taken so long is that the developers are being paid by the hour :)

7. knuck

knuck Hate your face

yes, you've mentioned it 20 times already. Which is still half of the occasions on which I mentioned how I hated Epic for ruining the UT series.

Oh , gotta add this one to the list

8. perplekks45

Let me guess: You're not even 20, right?

The Duke was there before anyboy ever even thought about Freeman or HL. HL2 might be a wonderful game but it didn't do as much for the genre as DN3D, Quake[II], Doom[II] or Hexen[II].

They are the fathers of every single FPS out there! I don't say both HL games haven't been defining for the genre but without the above mentioned 4 franchises there wouldn't even be HL!

If you had been around in '97 playing a DukeMatch with your friends at private LAN parties, hearing the Duke swearing after every single kill in levels that just couldn't be beaten in terms of originality back then [remember, no HL, no CS, no BF] you'd definitely think different about it.

Sorry for the rant... I feel way too old now, though I'm just 25. :eyebrow:

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

If they kept pouring money in to it, it's because they saw something good out of the game... All I've been seing in the net, suggests that they were making something big... Just hope they get the game and finish it...

10. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

I'm 26 years old but I've never heard about Duke Nukem, and actually I think the title is very silly. Duke Nukem... maybe they mean, Duke Nuke 'em? Nuke who? How the hell I know? :p

And around '97, the only 3D games I remember (and have played) is the Zero Tolerance (SEGA Genesis) and Descent series.

11. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

Oh and I forgot about the memorable Twisted Metal and Road Rash series LOL! Damn, I miss those games.. :)

12. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

There should be some sort of racial history for geeks so that classics like Duke Nukem, or the movie Aliens, are not lost to history. I'm shocked and appalled that I have students who have not only never seen James Cameron's Aliens, but they don't understand that it's the basis for games like Space Hulk.

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Space Hulk? okay you lost me on that one???

14. perplekks45

People are way too focused on today anyways, the old times weren't golden or better, but at least good... sometimes. ;)
    But Space Hulk doesn't have much with Alien in common other than the space setting.

15. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Are you serious?

The genestealers even look like the aliens from Aliens plus aliens on a deserted space ship thats both pure aliens and the whole idea behind space hulk.

Thats without the space marines in space hulk and the marines in aliens both having the word marine in their name's and also both both sets of marines being armed with BFG's (look it up if you dont know what it means :D )

Aliens is Space Hulk, Space Hulk is Aliens...now if they would only do the same sort of thing for bloodbowl and dungeon bowl.

I'd love to see a film where goblins are playing an american style of football on a pogo stick whilst throwing bombs at the opposing players and the dwarf death roller would be so cool to see in a movie.

16. perplekks45

Are you making fun of me?! Do you really think I don't know what a BFG is?

I could play QuakeII's first level blind on the hardest setting without dying. I arrived at the last boss with roughly 15 minutes of quad damage and 5 of invincibility.

Do you really think I don't know what BFG means? Really? :D

And for the "both marines have marines in their name"... eeeehhhh, okay. Now that convinced me. :p

So, what you're saying after all is that Space Hulk is an Alien rip-off? I can live with that. But there are lots of them, some even with marines who have marines in their name.

17. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Tags: Add Tags