1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL What happened to Major?

Discussion in 'General' started by thehippoz, 21 May 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I just noticed his posts have been nuked.. like the one about him not washing his hands after he goes to the bathroom or something like that.. oh well :eek:

2. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Maybe he's gone to troll for CoolIT.

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

He made me seem positivly cheery.

4. Red 5

Red 5 What's a Dremel?

Abuse of power?

5. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

On who's part? It could also be that he asked that all his posts be removed. Get the facts before starting the "mods abuse of power" line.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

While I'm sure there's a nicer and more tactful way to put this, the simple fact is that we put him on global ignore. He was repeatedly butting heads with the mods, trolling the forums and acting inappropriately. He pissed a lot of the moderators off, to the point that the staff had to step in.

After his behaviour in the Jade Goody thread, which we collectively decided was insensitive and inappropriate and all to do with ego, it was decided that we would give him a final, public warning, which we did. When his behaviour didn't change (and began seemed to escalate in my opinion, perhaps because he felt wronged) the mods and staff decided to stick him on global ignore indefinitely.

I can see how people might assume an abuse of power - but it really wasn't. The decision was unanimous and wasn't rushed into at all and, frankly, Major's behavior demanded action. He's aware that he is on Global Ignore now and he, the same as anyone, can debate the issue with mods privately.

Until then though, with a full explanation given, mind the doors...

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

As above really - many of us mods PM'd him asking him to calm it down a bit, reduce the trolling and nastyness, but it just didn't work, often all we got were snide replies and not-very-appropriate attitude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.