1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

2. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Thanks for those links PQuiff. Annoying thing is that the prices have gone up! £24.99 is now not worth it unless I want a copy of the DVD for an older version of the game. I might as well get a GTC as that works out £23, so I guess I save £2.....it was on at shopto.net for just £16.99 but they ran out of stock and now they've also increased the price back up so basically I'm miffed :(

I'm gonna wait until I get to Egypt before I subscribe cos I wanna make sure I can access the internet while I'm on elective. Will hook up when I do get in matey! :)

3. Majik

Majik Another CPC refugee

Been playing for 10 days and I've no idea what I'm doing yet but I love the game so far and will work through the training bit.

When does your account move from being a trial one?

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You have to buy a time code (cheapest way of subscribing I think) and enter it in, you should still get what's remaining of the trial plus the time code and your account will no longer be a trial one.

I do love EVE, it is one of the few MMOs I've gone back to, and I'm considering going back again. However, like most MMOs, it all depends on getting into a good guild/corp/whatever.

I believe there are several corps out there that are there for training up newbies to make their introduction to the game a little less hard, definitely worth looking into, but most corps will offer you loads of advice and tips.

Last edited: 25 May 2009
  5. haddow64

haddow64 What's a Dremel?

Been playing on and off for years, if anyone wants to give me a shout in game its Koroz.

6. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

I can't believe that game is worth £24!!!!

I remember several years ago, I downloaded it for FREE and completely legal, played it for a few months £8.99 a month.

check barstewards. They can bloody keep it and play it themselves for that price.

7. haddow64

haddow64 What's a Dremel?

The £24 isnt actually for the game, you can still download that for free. The £ is actually for the 60day time card inside.

It is a great game and worth looking into, but it does take a lot of patience.

Last edited: 25 May 2009
  8. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Ohhhh, I see! My bad!

so does that mean its gone up to £12 a month now?

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Well, given the current exchange rate, pretty much.

But there's a couple of in-game items included, (I literally mean a couple), and the pleasure of a printed manual (Is that really worth anything?).

I've recently re-activated my account. Picking up where I left off - Working on getting skills right for a battle cruiser.

10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I have a 60million+ SP capital ship pilot I haven't touched since late 2007. Played for 3 1/2 years, although the last couple months was just skill swapping as my corp vanished :(

Was a good game if you liked losing your ship and expensive addons. I didn't so I only did PvE, and that got tiring, quickly. I had one of every gallente and minmatar ship up to capital, and the only cap I had was a freighter. Wep, missile, and both shield and armour tanking skills were all totally maxed at tech2 level for projectiles. Took forever to get there, then when got all of that, it was boring :p

11. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Your mistake was not to start PVP early and cheaply :), its surprising what 3-5 pilots in frigs can acheive.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah you don't have to fly expensive ships, that's what I like about EVE, a newbie (well almost newbie) with a frigate can still be very useful in PvP.

I keep thinking about getting back into EVE, I'd love to try out PvPing, currently I just to mining/manufacturing with one account and the other does PvE.

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I started the game when interceptors were the pinnacle of PvP, and saw the rise and fall of many big empires.

My mistake, was ultimately bothering to play EVE at all. Had I known it was a PvP game I would've just spent my money elsewhere. It's a very good game, but only if you like PvP.

I really, really don't :)

14. books

books What's a Dremel?

I really WANTED to play this game but I couldn't. I downloaded the trial and it wouldn't connect to the server. Apparently it doesn't play nice with D-Link routers which is what I go through. I tried to contact D-Link and to contact by email they require you to type in your router serial number and it didn't accept mine for some reason... I wasted a good few hours on all this crap for nothing :(

It's a shame because I've played almost every MMORPG on the market and never had a problem with any of them. I really wanted to play this but it wasn't to be. I could have bypassed my router and go straight in to the modem but I don't really like the idea of doing that because my other PC would lose it's wireless connection and my connection wouldn't be secure, and having to do it every time I played would be a pain. I could also CALL d-link instead of email but I don't like the idea of having to pay for a call when it's their fault that their stupid router has this problem so they should be calling me.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

My problems were tasteful rather than technical. I wanted to play it too, and I couldn't either - simply because the introduction and tutorial is SO mind-numbing. There's no smoke without fire, so I'm guessing the game itself is very good, but trying to get started was like watching paint dry. I'll have to try again in the summer holidays, though I rather fear that Warcraft has spoilt me in terms of colourful visuals and it'll be hard to adjust to the bleak sparseness of a space sim.

16. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Wait till you see it with the improved visuals, I almost had an orgasm when I saw my old Megathron.

The problem with this game is it is more of a learning wall rather than a curve, but if you manage to climb it, find the right corp and find something you enjoy (there is pretty much something for everyone here) then it's great.

I always fail to get the right guild/corp on every MMO though. Although I had a great one in Puzzle Pirates before they ruined the game and a great one in Pirates of the Burning Sea, but they were all from the US and playing at stupid times got annoying.

17. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

i also fund the intro a bit boring. How ever if you manage to keep going the game does get alot beter. Ive only played it for a couple of months back last year but now downloading it again through steam.

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Very tempted to play again. I was talking to a friend of mine about it over xbox live and he wants to try it out now so there's an excuse to reactivate my main for 60 days at least :p

19. books

books What's a Dremel?

A friend of mine played it years ago and said it was super boring. He said that there were skills or something that needed to build up while offline, so you basically had to just let time pass by for weeks until you got anywhere. I also read somewhere though that they changed this or something. I really don't know much about it, I just wish I could have played it for myself but it wasn't to be.

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder