1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Buy ATCS 840 Window in the UK?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SwiftDestiny101, 29 May 2009.

1. SwiftDestiny101

SwiftDestiny101 Has a wire neatness fetish...

Can anyone point me in the direction of modding site or similar in the UK where I might find the side window panel for the Coolermaster ATCS 840?

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&id=6110

Now I can find it on the Coolermaster USA store, many American and Canadian sites, and I even found one in Australia, but none over here in blighty.

I don't mind paying to have it shipped from another EU country, when I looked a month back I did find one on a site with a .nl domain (i think) but I cant find it for the life of me now :(.

Seens as the crowd here is all modders I was hoping you could point me towards some sites that sell it, and if not point me towards a good site that will cut a window for me :)

Cheers.:D

2. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

hi mate, sorry dont have the answer to your question, but you ever thought of modding it yourself? there are a couple of good tutorials available on youtube - if you have the tools and the time, you could really do something special with that case.

speaking of the case, have you had the it long? what are your impressions of it? how is it's noise/heat performance?

im thinking of possibly investing in it, but ive heard good (space, mobo tray, fans) and bad things (flimsy side panels, some dodgy wiring, poor thermal performance)

3. SwiftDestiny101

About a week and the first impression was bugger me its *huge* :eek:

* Its epic to work in - A million and one places to hide psu cables and make the whole thing look ninja neat.
    * With cathodes in glowing through the 2 holes in the top it looks mind blowingly good (would post a photo but on a fresh install with no phone drivers atm)
    * It oozes quality, not like the cheapo things, you can feel its built to last.

I read the thermal stories too about the dead zone and didn't risk it, so got 2 enermax magma fans for the hdd bay and another for replacing the stock fan at the back.

My temp on my i7 920 is 40 with a titan fenrir, and my pair of 275's are at 59 (with 40% gpu fan)

Otherwise though buddy I can't see a flaw with it, its very big, very heavy, and once built was a absolute pig to get up the stairs, but other than that I just cant fault it. Seriously its a lot of money but the price tag is very justified :)

As for me cutting a window myself :O me going anywhere my shiney case with a form of power tool is unthinkable, I'm the least practical person on the planet :p Back in the day in DT, I never did resistant materials, always did systems and control, was always rather worried about lopping my finger off :lol:

4. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

What I've read says almost the exact opposite - people have complained of flimsy side panels (some dude said his LL panel was four times as thick as his ATCS panel), side panels which don't match up to the front, mixed up mic/headphone ports on the front, and mixed up power/HDD LEDs.

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Odd, I've heard the exact opposite of that too..

Then again, this was from Antec 900 users.

And Dremeling isn't too bad, just make sure you have the right tools and don't just go dremeling right away, start off slowly and measure things first. Caution before action saves fingers.:D

6. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I have the case and cannot say enough good things about it.

Yes the side panels are thin but that makes modding them so much easier. The quality of the finish is nothing like a Silverstone but it's cheaper and still an incredibly awesome case.

7. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Looks like 900-ers stepping up to their first aluminum case go ga-ga at the ATCS, but LL fans stepping down to a cheaper aluminum case aren't impressed... ;)

Still, I think it's a nice case, especially the motherboard tray - CPU cooler cutouts, hell yes!

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Who would get an ATCS 840 over a LL when they could've gotten a TJ07?

9. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Mate, you definitely need to put up some pics of your build, I'd be very interested to see how it's turned out.

10. SwiftDestiny101

I went kinda snap happy with the camera cus I loved it so much lol, but picked the best for you to see :)

Plenty of room for cable management in the case too :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

that's a very nice looking build, enjoy it

2xGTX275s must be giving you awesome frames! :rock:

12. SwiftDestiny101

Why thankyou :)

Not had time to bench the 275's yet, was after the best of the best (within reason), and seen as the 285 is regarded as a card that shud be forgotton, the 275 was next on the list :D

I did get an average of 650fps in lightsmark though if that counts as a bench :p

13. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Means nothing to me mate, sorry!

The one that counts most (for me) is Crysis performance :wallbash:

I'd also be interested to know what kind of temps you getting on your CPU with the Fenrir and GPUs in that case. Are you using the additional GPU-specific cooling unit that's been provided?

Also, I presume you've got a Core i7 setup? What mobo did you go with?

Sorry mate Ive got more questions for you than answers!

Last edited: 1 Jun 2009
  14. SwiftDestiny101

Running an i7 920 and the P6T Deluxe, was looking at the gigabyte board, the UD5 one, but I couldn't have crammed my TV card, 2 dual slot graphics and my sound card all in it cus of the layout. I did prefer the baby blue of the gigabyte so the choice of mobo was purely on layout really.

The CPU when just web browsing desktop use etc is about 40 degree's (on RealTemp) 40, 42, 41, 37. Under the heat test from prime 95, they all max at exactly 60...now it seems a weirdly round number to me so whether thats the temp the mobo kicks the CPU fan up to max I don't know, but I've never seen the temps pass that magic number. Oh, and the final temps will probably be colder than that, I used Artic Silver 5, which has a 200 hours settling period which according to the manual reduces temp by 2-5 degrees.

GPU's on the desktop are 49, 41 (the bottom one gets the blast from the 2 HDD bay fans), watching TV 59, 41, and gaming 79,77. I've not yet used RivaTuner to make me some fan profiles so that with 40% GPU fan and 51% when it gets up to 80 :S

As for the thing that could go on the back, no I'm not using it but I've got a good 80 cm + clearance at the back to anything solid so seems a pointless fiddle tbh.

Hope that answers it all :thumb:

PS. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, kinda was disconnected from my ISP yesterday thru non payment :D

15. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Hi mate, thanks for your response to my questions!

I'm looking to put together an i7 build and I want to get the spec absolutely right for my needs. I don't want to spend over and above for stuff that I'm not going to use.

So, I'm not sure what mobo to get. The Asus P6T Deluxe V2 is a great board, never heard anyone say anything bad about it...The Gigabyte UD5 is a good board, too, although maybe not ideal for CF/SLI configurations...then there are the lower end boards like P6T and a whole raft of Gigabyte boards. It's too confusing...!

I'm getting a bit bored of going back and forth between these options, tbh!

What speed ram did you go for? Assuming 6GB

Cheers :thumb:

16. SwiftDestiny101

Gone for the 1600 MHz kit listed in the buyers guide this month and last month.

At the mo I'm of the belief something has gone wrong with mine because my temps are high compared to where they should be idle and over clocked they just sky rocket, when I nail down the cause I'll pass it on lol :p

Otherwise everything appears to be working jus grand.

17. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Yeah, been reading your other thread - hope that works out for you.