1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crysis 2 announced, is multiformat

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Sweeet. Now just be a little less buggy than last time please!

3. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

I just hope that it will look as good or even better than the original one.

4. quack

quack Minimodder

The PC version better not be a crappy console port.

5. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I just hope they don't ditch PC altogether.

6. tejas

tejas What's a Dremel?

Agreed am looking forward to this and more relieved to know that the PC reqs won't be higher than Crysis. Massively enjoyed the first one. After all if it can run on the 360 and PS3 then it should scale up to the PC no problem.

Cryengine 3 should be similar to Unreal Engine 3 in PC hardware requirements. We thats the hope anyway :shrugs:

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Honestly, this being multiformat isn't surprising. As for Crytek being dismayed by the piracy of Crysis... there is no point opening that can of worms again.

I just hope the PC version doesn't have online activation. Note how well that didn't work for Spore?

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Jun 2009
    CardJoe likes this.
  8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh god NO NOT MULTI FORMAT!

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Name me a single multi-platform game where the PC version was substantially superior to the console versions.

I really do hope Crytek buck this trend, but it seems to be an unfortunate fact of life given the consoles' lack of graphical horsepower :sigh:

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

graphical horsepower has nothing to do with it, im more scared that its going to end up like fear 2, BIG SILLY INTERFACE, poor level design and the fact it treats you like an idiots, crysis was a sandbox game and who cant forget the lol that was farcry 2?

this is a sad day for real pc gaming :(

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well it has something to do with it from a technical standpoint, although this might be a positive if people will stop speccing up rigs just so they can play Crysis on very high @ 100 FPS.

But yes, as you say, many a console game is overly simplified compared to the some of the better PC games. Don't forget, though, that there have been plenty of terrible PC games over the years, and plenty of outstanding console games. This depends on the developer rather than what format it is released on, whereas how good the game is graphically will depend on what hardware is available (or in the case of Crysis, not available).

Unfortuneately this is the way things are going now, not just because of piracy, but because of the consoles' popularity now that many once-PC gamers are moving over due to the high costs of upgrades involved.

12. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

And the console wins again.

13. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Does the original Deus Ex count? :D (I know, I know, the PC version was the first one, the console versions were just dumbed-down nonsense... ;))

The PC conversion of Devil May Cry 4 wasn't half bad, either, really. A lot better port than I was expecting. Oblivion on the PC is superior for one reason only: the ability have mods.

14. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Oh God, time for another upgrade :/

I will be interested to see the piracy numbers of the console versions compared to the PC version. Maybe after seeing how close they are likely to be, they might STFU.

15. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

lol crysis 2 multi-format , what ajoke.

low-mid range PC will be required to view all the crap graphics.

if the engine is designed with consoles in mind PC version is screwed and will be dumbed down massively (both playability and graphics)

EPIC FAIL = crysis 2

16. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Multiplatform? Good, at least the developers will tone down on the graphics whoring and concentrate on making a better game instead.

17. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

How about next time they acctually make a good game theres only so far you can go with ooo doesn't that look nice.

18. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

boo multiport. The CE3 was designed mainly in min of consoles with their processing power so you can take a guess as to what this game is mostly geared towards :blah:

19. Evildead666

Evildead666 What's a Dremel?

Are they gonna set the specs as quad core and 4 gpus and 32Gb of ram..? minimum ?
    Like we'll be able to play it by 2020...?

20. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Would probably get this for ps3 as its my best bit of hardware .. can zee germans pull off the multithreaded goodness?

Tags: Add Tags