1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Apple: Fruit Messiah is set for return

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Jun 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

jobs and drag me to hell boy are apple

3. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

life without Job's vision... sure...

for a while things will go well.. until one of 2 things happens...

1) no more new ideas from Apple (It happened before.. just before Jobs came back and released the 1st iMac)
    2) or stupid ideas get released as products as Jobs isnt there to veto their existence ! (this has definitely happened before !)

alternatively... with Jobs not present, Apple might actually release a mid desktop tower which is affordable rather than an iMac and a tower that neither are affordable for the spec... especially in the £ shafted UK, and finally release a lower end laptop which is affordable with 'reasonable' specifications.. not quite netbook, but you know.. special.

4. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

Jobs biggest "vision" was to get Apple to buy NeXT's IP from him after NeXT failed.

I just got a Mac Mini and was LOL'ing that the vaunted Mac desktop is nothing more than a tarted up version of CDE/HP View on top of a tarted up version of UNIX/Linux.

5. karbonKid

karbonKid Minimodder

There, fixed that for you :). In my humble opinion, and that of many others, the move to a UNIX-like, (and now UNIX compliant/certified*) operating system was the best thing Apple could have done.

Also, CDE? HP-view? I know the interface isn't actually original (but Apple never really invented anything. ever. that's nothing new**.) , but AFAIK, Quartz is in no way technically indebted to either of those two.

*yes, being unable to use 'echo -n' without specifiying bash and not just sh as a shell is a little annoying.
    **I know someone will correct me on this. I don't mean it completely literally...

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Steve's looking like Tom Hanks in PhilidelphiA. I woulD go on, but i'd get flamed or cenSored.

7. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

cryptic?

edit: got it, oops

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Steve Jobs the most hypocritical SOB out there... Starts Apple because he wanted to fight Big Blue and make a company that was nothing like them and look at him now, running a company thats policies and actions are far worse and more monopolistic then Big Blue ever was.... but hey what do you expect from a man that would even acknowledge his own daughter (Lucy) until he was sure it wouldnt ruin his image/company. ~_~

Tags: Add Tags