1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress White Antec 300 - Updated, got a PSU from a mate !

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Picarro, 11 Jun 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Painting in my dads workshop, it should be dust-free, since it can be closed entirely, and the room is small enough so as to not create any thermal patterns.. I will just sand it, and next time I will come up with something else for painting :s, might use a brush next time :D

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I would still give the spray bottle a try, it works very well.

3. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Yeah I will do that.. Not enough paint left for a totalt repaint, but next time I will definetively do it :)

4. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

looking good so far

5. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

So, time for an update :D

First some teasers, since I put the box together yesterday, but my camera ran out of battery :s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PSU, got one from a mate for 40 dkk, thats 5 pounds. It is only 300 watt, but I consider using this one as a media center, and for a P4 and some periferials, not much is needed anyways. It was silver when I got it, but to keeep the theme, I sprayed it :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top grill for the fan in the PSU, originally, it had to be white, but since I want to save the last white I have for any emergency repairs that come up, black had to do the trick.
    [​IMG]
    Uhh, screws :D. I drilled 30 holes in a piece of wood, and just slotted them in. Much easier than trying to paint them by holding them.
    [​IMG]
    Just wanted to show you where I have been working. This first picture is my "Paint Booth", and the second one is the workshop table, with all the crap I have left there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Btw, if anyone feels like donating some hardware, I am more than willing to accept ;)

6. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

oh wow that colour scheme looks gorgeous.

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I am gonna fill it up with blue fans, courtesy of Mnpctech, when I come around to ordering them. And then I am gonna publish some pictures of the finished beast :D

8. The boy 4rm oz

Personally I would use white fans or those Orange bladed Xigmatek fans, I think blue would just look weird, but that's just me ;).

9. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

@ dreaming yeah it does

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Problem is I already have 2 blue scythe fans, and I really want to use them. I will probably buy the 2 blue fans from Mnpctech.com, and if they look **** I am gonna buy some white LEDs to put in all of the fans. It is only 20 LEDs I'd have to solder >.< Or maybe orange LEDs.. Have to look into that.

11. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

Yeah guess its only 20 leds but I do agree with jase...

Stay with the scheme

12. The boy 4rm oz

If you already have some blue ones just buy 2 more. Yeah, if you dont like how they look it is easy to change out the LEDs.

13. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Just tested it with the 2.5 blue fans I already have. It looks REALLY awesome :D. Btw, I finished the PSU, uploaded some pics :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided to go with a white cover after all, it simply looks better. And I have decided to buy 10 blue LED's. 4 for my white/blue fan, and 6 to mod into the PSU, so that lights up too :D

14. The boy 4rm oz

PSU turned out great. However, you installed the fan back to front. The fan is meant to suck air from the case to the outside, not from the outside into the case ;).

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

>.> bangs head on keyboard.. Oh well, I have to open it again to do the diode thingy, so no biggie. I just have to remember to put it the right way round at that time :)

16. The boy 4rm oz

Hahaha, can't wait to see it with the new LEDs.

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Just looked at the price of diodes.. for 10 blue diodes its 54 DKK, and then I have to pay 70 DKK in postage.. WTF?! And then 3 DKK in charges for paying with a credit card on an internet site.. :s

18. eeced

eeced My finger is in the fan

Not quite sure why... but the game Mirrors Edge keeps popping up in my head when I see the colors you've chosen. ;)

Looking good so far.

19. death_munky

death_munky F*** the dremel, i'll use my teeth

Hey Picarro, i'm seriously liking the work so far.

I'm planning on buying an Antec 300 in a couple of months to do my first full case. How have you found it to strip it down and work on?

We know what Bill thinks of it but I just thought i'd ask

20. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Well, I first started out by hand, grinding the paint of, but since I am not retired and old, I didn't have the time for that, so I cranked up my dads delta grinder. It is a grinder that both rotates and moves sideways at the same time. I just used some 180 sand paper, and it ground it down perfectly. The only thing was the corners and some of the finer detail stuff. I did that by hand.
    It is a very sturdy case, I used to use it to sit on, and even though the metal is quite thick, it is not a problem to cut with my Dremel and some cutting discs.
    ¨
    I have not really stripped it down, but it mostly consists of pop rivets, and they can be bored out with a decent boringmachine (right word?).

I am seriously thinking of modding my own with a window/res mod for a watercooling system. I have to find the funds though.