1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 PS3 Ghost Busters is shown to be seriously 'Texture Gimped' compared to the 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lewchenko, 16 Jun 2009.

1. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Hah, please do it Doug.

2. spurs142

spurs142 What's a Dremel?

I doubt it would be upheld tbh but you can try if it makes you feel any better and most gamers wont know the difference any ways its the majority not the hardcore minority that makes publishers money. Until gaming is accepted in the mainstream press as something such as film poorer versions will still get through. I would say wait for the xbox 360 version or import it as I think its region free. Or better still wait for special offers to come along it will fall in price and im sure there will be offer outs the next few weeks especially if the first weeks sell though are not great.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I think the rush was because it was to be released on the Anniversery of the first Ghostbusters film.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm having trouble thinking of a non-Ps3 exclusive title that doesn't look a bit **** on one console more so than the other.

I mean, the best looking PS3 games I can think of have come from studios that're either owned by Sony or have only ever released on Sony platforms..

That said, I'm of the thinking that the hardware isn't broken, it's just a **** to work with. I spent a lot of time researching the CBEA and it's complicated stuff. Actually writing workable code for it must be a less than fun experience.

There are defensible reasons for the appearance **** up, but this is something that the publisher should have been told in plain language. It strikes me that the developers are not that bothered.

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

if the PS3 is harder to program for and still has lower games sales where is the motivation for developers to work longer on a PS3 version to make it look the same for less profit than the 360 version.

all the potential in the world wont mean a dam if theres no motivation

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Burnout Paradise, COD4, Pure, DMC4, UT3, Prototype are a couple that I can think of there are more, so when a developer is anygood parity or even superiority is achievable on PS3 with cross platform, when they are not, it is not.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2009
  7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Burnout Paradise: Slight issues on 360 when going flat out (The boost style switching Hawker, for reference) and "accidentally" switching to showdown before/during/after a wreck on the 360.

CoD4: I find the controls are slower to respond on the Ps3 (Haven't played with the Dualshock 3, though). And that the ghillie suits were easier spotted on 360.

Pure/DMC4, I've not played on either console.

UT3 looks pretty much the same on everything - I had it running just as well as my desktop on an old MBP with barely a quarter the spec of my desktop. Well, except the processor.

Prototype I've only seen on PC and 360. Looked pretty terrible on both, IMO.

That's not to say that the two can't go head to head successfully - Assassins Creed was very similar looking on both consoles. Load times were absolutely terrible on PS3, though.

8. superseagull

superseagull If it aint broke, fix it ;-)

i hope they manage to improve it by update as i have bought it for my son's birthday in a couple of weeks time with a view to playing it myself ;-)

9. riggs

riggs ^_^

@liratheal - Burnout Paradise is the only one I can think of (but apparently it was developed on the PS3 and ported to the 360).

Surprisingly, Ghostbusters (PS3) is ranked no.4 on the UK sales charts at the moment. Whether it helped hardware sales is yet to be announced, but I'm hoping that Sony aren't going to be snapping up other timed exclusives...especially if the PS3 versions don't get the development time they need.

Anyhoo, I'm hoping there'll be a demo in the next few weeks so I can check it out myself and see if the GFX problems are a big deal. Hopefully it's just something that I'll get used to (a la GTA IV).

10. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Well I was right, Eurogamer did a Head2Head and the PS3 version runs at 940x540 when the 360 one is full 720p

12. superseagull

superseagull If it aint broke, fix it ;-)

still no update to improve it so completed game & sold it on - i did enjoy playing it tho albiet a little too easy

13. riggs

riggs ^_^

Finally, Atari have stated that a patch is coming to improve the graphics.

Via Joystiq
    I havn't actually picked up this game yet. Played the demo, and while I'd only rate it as 'mediocre' in terms of gameplay, the voice acting/soundtrack and overall mood is spot on.

Not sure when I'll have time to play it mind you...still gotta play Bioshock & Fallout 3...and then Uncharted 2 rolls out end of october.
    God damn it! Too many games, so little time!!