1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony responds to Activision's threats

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Jun 2009.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

lol so I guess you didnt catch location on under my user name ;) ya Im in the USA.

2. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

I saw that, I was just telling you, you got the price wrong ;)

3. HourBeforeDawn

where do you live? the PS3 new in most retail stores in the states is $399 so no I didnt get the price wrong.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Did anyone notice the : "Actually says very little though" remark under the title of this article in the home page?

5. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

what does it matter if it's $399 or $473. It's still cheaper than a complete LEGALLY purchased HTPC built from the ground up.
    PCs are more expensive than consoles and will always be.

6. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

$150-$200 on OS and software? What are you smoking? OEM version of Windows 7 (or even just use the RC for a good few months at no cost). The OEM version of Vista I got was £60. Blu Ray drives are about £50 here, so you are looking at £110 for the OS and drive. Hardly the $300 you seem to be set on.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

I own all 3 trig not a fan person each has there plus and negative , price is prohitive for all consoles , a price reduce would do 1thing increase the sales as a media center £200 ish fora media center that also plays games quite a bargain

8. NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane You're a Dremel

and in comes a typical twit, 360>ps3.... when its working that is.

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

i hear ya.

still dont own an xbox 360 myself, cant use the controller after so many years of sony consoles...i go over to a buddies house here and there and get owned at halo and r6 vegas, and i rock vegas on pc lol...so humbling...

and thank you elton...i thought it was funny...

10. HourBeforeDawn

lol you ur so funny, it kinda cute seeing how hard your trying to fight the htpc thing and yes $150-200 American, notice how I used this $ symbol NOT £ that symbol lol, look at where I live, Im not going to waste my time converting it to your currency... but you still forgot the software to play the blu-ray movies, oh what do you know add that in to what your saying using your money system and that brings it up closer to the $300 (American) and again my point still is right because you STILL didnt include the rest of the hardware so even still your going over the cost of the PS3, but hey an A for effort. :thumb:

Last edited: 23 Jun 2009
  11. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

On the issue of price, I can get a PS3 for £210 or an XBox360 for £130. One's got free internet services and the other has a successful game that needs you to spend £100 or so to fully experience and will cost you money to play online...

Easy choice imo. PS3 is king.

12. trig

trig god's little mistake

free online play is a big selling point. i just wonder where the ps3 sales numbers would be right now if they were at $300. i bet it would go through the roof.

13. rollo

rollo Modder

skiddywinks in uk £ then build a htpc that can play blueray movies for less than the £300 the ps3 costs. Vista win7 in a htpc ? waste of hardware resources to run crap that you dont need. With full links to all hardware and software used. this i must see and im pretty sure alot would love to see it done.

overclockers used as site
    cheapest blueray drive is £53. vista home premium is £82, Win 7 is free correct but you still gonna have to buy an OS by march 2010 which is when it starts shutting down every 2hrs. so you cant just deduct the os price away.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buyers-guide/2009/06/02/what-hardware-should-i-buy/2

add that to this, Which is as cheap a pc as they come tbh. Replace dvd drive with blueray and the total comes to about £500. You could use cheaper parts i guess get it below £400 but, Would it output in 1080? with acceptable fps. One of the tech heads here would answer that question.

me has my douts.

Tags: Add Tags