1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack on the BNP an attack on democracy?

Discussion in 'Serious' started by D3s3rt_F0x, 9 Jun 2009.

1. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

That is a silly and unfounded remark to be honest. While I would never associate myself with the BNP or feel the need to defend them, I take exception to that remark because they have never attacked any war veterans and laying the blame on the BNP is to let the real culprits get away with it. I would put the attacks down to the low life teenaged scum who don't have a clue and don't care about what these people did for us and our country. Just because the BNP is based on some twisted and bitter tenets, and some of their members are very nasty people, they aren't the root of every evil in our society. Look at the extremist muslims who were celebrating when our troops were getting killed in Iraq/Afghanistan, and calling for beheadings of our troops etc. I would be more inclined to save my scorn for these scumbags!

2. tictactoe

tictactoe What's a Dremel?

No, I don't think that we live in a democracy, I was just trying to keep my comments focused on the issue at hand. Some form of Direct Democracy would be good though!
    There was not only a single minority in the nazi death camps, but pretty much anyone that was deemed 'undesirable', such as Romany's, Gays, Polish, disabled people, leftists, Free Masons, intellectuals, Catholic clergy, criminals etc, etc, etc!

And now the BNP are being questioned about their membership policies being illegal!!
    If they can't form a political party that abides by the law, then they shouldn't be able to form a one in the first place.
    For evil to succeed, it is only necessary for the good to do nothing.

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Good because the UK is a monarchy not a democracy :)

and as to do we live in a police state the easiest answer would be not yet but we have gone so far down the road to one that its to late to change unless something so drastic happens that its literally world changing.