1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Feser case fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ady6UK, 15 Jul 2009.

1. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

Well boys and girls, I've been browsing the web and found these rather tasty 120mm fans.
    http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=9359&cat=878&page=1
    It's the first time I've seen them and they look quite impressive. At 120 x 120 x 55 mm and in two flavours of speed - 1200rpm and 1800rpm - they should shift some air and look great for fitting to a radiator. I must admit though they are a bit pricey - nearly £28 in the U.K :jawdrop: (about $46 at current exchange rates). Anyone by any chance using them? What are they like? Any opinions (pro's and cons)?

2. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Not worth it, if I have time I'll go dig up the XS threads about it. Just don't waste your money, it's not nearly worth the price...

Edit: Here's a thread on XS with results on a TFC Monsta radiator; graphs are about halfway down the page. The Triebwerk does perform marginally better than the other fans, but you can get seven of the second-best fan for one Triebwerk in the States - meaning you could sandwich a 120.3 in fans and have an extra fan left over for the price of a single one of these Feser (Fester, they're called at XS - and for good reason) monstrosities.

It is also worth noting that Sanyo Denki fans (similarly priced to the Triebwerk... they'd probably be the only fair competition) weren't included in this review, and those San Ace fans are known to beat the crap (and then some) out of every other fan in existence on a radiator.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2009
  3. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

£28!!! You could get 5 or 6 Yate Loons for that! Plus they look fugily with those LEDs.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Custom tested them recently, they aren't that good.

Buy Shakoon 120-140s. ;)

Ady6UK likes this.
  5. Ady6UK

Ady6UK Feck Off

Yeh, the price is way too high. I understand that yate loons are good fans for the price.

I've used sharkoon silent eagles in the past and was very happy with them so I guess I'll take another look at their range of fans.:thumb:

6. [+]EXEcuteER[+]

[+]EXEcuteER[+] Cracking up the Plex

I bought 3 Triebwerks at frozencpu last week and all i can say is that they are worth the price. they are very silent in comparison and have a huge air blow. if you dont have the money then dont buy them. for me they work fine on my triple rad. a very cool feature is the daisychain cable. makes connections much more easier.

7. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Each to his own I guess. I'd buy Yate Loons just for the sticker TBH (like silence, it's golden!).

8. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

honestly mate, I don't believe that for a second. If martin says that they aren't as good as a standard 25mm gentle typhoon or yate loon, then there is no way that they are as good as you say, or you just haven't used enough fans to know whats good and what isn't.

9. [+]EXEcuteER[+]

did you ever held one of these in your hand? i doubt it. otherwise you wouldnt say that.

10. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

the scientific testing says it doesnt work as well as you say it does. I have held my share of noiseblocker fans, I doubt this fan is any different considering it is made by them.

11. [+]EXEcuteER[+]

h. i think you should give them a try and test this fan out before you judge. i only can say from my point of view. i saw the vids from martin and they sucked. the tools were crappy.

12. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Autopager fubar'd on bit-tech

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've tested them against 40 other fans. CustomPC subscribers can see for themselves they are not that wonderful compared to what you can get for a fraction of the price.

14. droitwichdosser

droitwichdosser What's a Dremel?

so just to get what you are saying straight...

"they are the best, but cost a lot"

15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Saw the article, wish you went into more depth about Radiator fans but I guess thats another article for another time

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No.

I should be more clear. They are far from the best AND cost a lot.

17. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I need to get a CPC subscription. :(

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Just visit your news agents! :p

19. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

Amen to that :thumb:

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Ah, I doubt they have it; I only just got Issue 72.

(I could of course wait a month before the article goes up on BT :p)

Xtrafresh likes this.