1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 released to manufacturing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Jul 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

"It was designed as an upgrade SKU" WHY? You'd think they didn't want to make any money (yes I know the EU are breaking their balls) - surely just making 3/4 licences as a bundle for a small discount isnt hard .. espcially when you already break the product into a load of other meaningless SKUs... </rage>

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Hopefully we in store for a new generation of fast more responsive, reliable and well thought out software.

I did the mcse nt 4 track but have winged it up to today, I might do the exam for windows 7 just for fun.

4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Been cruising TechNet for the past week in anticipation, why oh why do we have to wait until 06 Aug? :(

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

could be to stop piracy? Any idea on final build number?

6. Mister_Tad

Build 7600, so the ones floating about in the tubes are the real deal

7. Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare What's a Dremel?

Wow, Europe shafted again. I live in the States and I feel sorry for you guys not getting our tech:sigh:. But then, why do you get the electric cars while we are only stuck with hybrids:wallbash:.

8. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

We're (EU) probably being punished for MS's hefty fine for anti competitive regulations (or whatever it was with IE etc).

I wonder where these massive fines go ... add Intels as well, thats a nice Xmas party fund in Brussels.

9. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I really hope I get this through MSDNAA like we have Vista and XP... Can't wait!

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

we will.

11. ApostleUk

ApostleUk What's a Dremel?

wonder where these massive fines go ... add Intels as well, thats a nice Xmas party fund in Brussels.

How do you think Real Madrid can afford all them players.

Tbh the quicker we pull away from the EU the better (Personal Opinion)

Oh And Hi all I have been using bit-tech for years and never registered until today.

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

am i right in saying this is the real deal?
    "7600.16385.090713-1255"

although no point getting off the web, since there's no RTM keys available yet.

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

with money from MS's fines?:eyebrow:

14. dicobalt

dicobalt What's a Dremel?

All you need to know is "slmgr -rearm", activation keys are irrelevant lol

15. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

why does M$ have to remove the browser whilst Apple/Linux/Chrome OS don't? and not allowing upgrades?
    I thought the law was the law and is applied to all
    If M$ is anti competive isn't Apple alot worse seen as you get a browser, photo, music, video, video editing software etc etc etc with it when with M$ you have to pay for descent application software
    M$ does suck for all the SKU's of windows, but singleing them out is BS

16. Mister_Tad

It is indeed. I too contemplated just installing and fudging it until the keys are available on the 6th, but decided I'd rather get it straight from MS. I can be patient, just a bit bewildered how it takes 2 weeks from RTM to get on MSDN/TechNet :eyebrow:

17. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Good point Denis iii.

Ive heard that the law doesnt apply to Apple because their market share is relatively insignificant so they cannot claim to be a monopoly..unlike MS.. plus nobody complains about them to the monopolies commission with regards to browsers (eg. Opera or the now defunct NetScape) etc.

I think it stinks personally, and that MS is being treated unfairly in this respect.

These days it shouldnt matter. IE is free.. Firefox is free etc... The only ones still complaining are Opera who charge for a browser (the advert free version)... and I cant understand for the life of me why people would buy it with such good free alternatives out there.

18. Mephi

Mephi What's a Dremel?

Microsoft has a dominant market share and as such is seen as having a lot of power over the chosen web browser. IE is the default for most people only because it's bundled with windows.
    Apple and Google don't have a huge market share in operating systems and Chrome OS isn't even out yet.

Also, MS haven't been forced to remove IE, they chose to. The EU ruled against Microsoft's bundling but hasn't yet made a decision on how MS should be punished for it's anti-competitive behaviour.

MS removed IE from Win7 so people would feel that the EU was being unfairly harsh on them. Looks like it's working...

19. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

It always amazes me how some people know the reasons why big corporations do things. I myself can only make educated guesses. :worried:

20. rembo666

rembo666 What's a Dremel?

I'm with MS on EU thing. They should have stopped short of requiring Windows to ship with competition browsers. There really is no choice but to remove IE alltogether. Noone in their right mind would give competitors free advertising.

As far as I know, the lack of IE in the EU edition is the reason there's no upgrade SKU. It's a technical issue, not a political one.

Tags: Add Tags