1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Why two?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monkeytennis, 28 Jul 2009.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I imagined so, yes. It was just the thought of "wasting" any of my expensively bought graphics performance running an extra screen with Google on it :)

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

There is a margin of performance drop considering its displaying that desktop and an application in it.

Personally a cheap graphics card is always handy to have on hand when a card blows. I've got a Geforce 2 MX thats PCI, its very useful considering any machine with PCI which is all, i can throw it in and access the system.

Originally i purchased it for back in the day when i was flashing Graphics card bios's, very handy when things went wrong.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

its just so much nicer using two screens, browsing is greatly improved and stuff like photoshop and 3DS Max practically need a second screen to work properly.

for gaming its useless so dont expect it to help, in fact i'd buy a nice 24" and then spend £40 or something on an old 17 incher. you dont need an expensive second monitor.

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I just realised a usage for my laptop's screen here at work...
    TweetDeck... :D

5. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I plan on using three screens on my PC, two of which 24"ers running off my 4850 (which means I can work on an A5 canvas with no zoom required), one off a cheap PCI card I have lying around (the third being a 6.3" touchscreen for my photoshop tools, it makes the turnaround on graphics pieces so much faster...)

Then there's the laptop I have running for MSN, facebook and research on top of that...

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

dont you mean A3 canvas, ooo a touch screen for tool tips, now that sounds useful!

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

:lol: I wish.

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I don't.. unless the touch screen is either on the desk, or part of the graphics tablet. Keep having to reach up to a screen to select a different tool or brush would slow me down.... They all have keyboard short cuts you know :) Way faster.

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I was thinking about it next to my mouse pad, recessed into my desk, Well actually i would prefer a cintiq with a numpad for speed, as i spend all my working day in solidworks, and inputing dimensions is the main slow down.