1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve: Left 4 Dead is not racist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

How is left 4 dead racist in any way. Hell, you might as well claim thats is shortist because none of the heroes and none of the zombies are dwarfs or better yet it should be banned as it discriminates against the recently deceased and reanimated mildly mobility and intelligence disadvantaged members of the public of all races (thats the zombies for the politically incorrect).

To be fair it doesn't matter if it discriminates or not in any way the game still sucks.

3. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

wow, I did NOT see that one coming.... come one i'ts one of the most basic shooters where you just kill everything that moves regardless of race/sex/belive/look/handicap, they are all just zombies and soon after dead,

Some people are simply over sensitive.

4. Radical_Monkey

Radical_Monkey Dremel > Lightsabre

This is just stupid.

What happened to the days when games were just games and people played them because it was just that, a game.

There are so many more awful things going on this world, if they want to b***h about something im sure they could find something far more meaningful to society. But no, games are an easy target so why not? Make themselves feel big because they dont have the maracas to take on a real issue...for shame.

5. DaMightyMouse

DaMightyMouse What's a Dremel?

This is laughable why even pay attention to comments like that, L4D racist?! yeah maybe towards Zombies! Ummm "Houston Chronicle" maybe they represent the views of a Zombie nation :p

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

+1

7. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

i went on google translate and apparently "Houston Chronicle" means "Daily Mail" in the US

8. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Political correctness needs a good slap on the arse. People push it too far, it has to be toned down.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Bahhahahhah. This is utter ******** on the part of the guy screaming racism.

You cannot take his article seriously when you consider the following: "I don't have a problem blasting Nazis in "Call of Duty" and "Medal of Honor." I don't have a problem lighting up Imperial Army soldiers with my flamethrower in "World at War.""

Anyone who is oblivious to shooting Germans or Japanese, and then cries foul because the skin colour gets darker? That's more racist than ignoring the skin colour all together, in my opinion. What's worse is, he goes on to say he hates shooting Americans. Not in my backyard-ism, much?

The guy is a complete halfwit that needs to have his rights to write publicly revoked. He's shite at it, too.

10. tejas

tejas What's a Dremel?

Only in the lovely US and Britain does this politically correct garbage have any credibility. Do these people realise that Valve's most high profile characters apart from Gordon Freeman are Alyx and Eli Vance who are both black? Where it the racism?? I just don't see it. Valve is possibly one of the most encompassing devs out there as far as diversity is concerned.

Sounds like the Houston Chronicle has some axes to grind or rather they are trying to distract from Obama's controversy at the moment...

11. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Must have been a slow news day in Houston.

12. Trefarm

Trefarm No matter what... It's all good

Seconded. What ever happened to Journalistic responsibility? Attempting to stir up racial controversy to further your own interests/career... such selfishness is what angers me.

13. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Just had a read of it and what a laughably bad article. So this chap has no problem with killing white and asian people but as soon as a black person gets involved it's racist? I wonder if he is aware of the phrase 'a chip on one's shoulder' or 'small-minded hypocrite'. It seems like this man is the only racist involved in this particular story.

14. ffjason

ffjason What's a Dremel?

Pathetic.

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

What a **** bag. Been reading the comments, and he doesn't address any of the intelligent rebuttals, and stops responding entirely by the end of it.

And his replies even reek of stupidity!

16. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

After reading the original story (did you?), the author seems to object that L4D2 is set in New Orleans.
    It is his opinion that it is too soon to put another catastrophe on the city since the scars of Katrina are not yet healed.

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Read TFA, where do you think you are slashdot... :D

18. Flexible_Lorry

Flexible_Lorry What's a Dremel?

I think everyone should be free to create art, and everyone should be able to enjoy it, and everyone should be able to ignore it.

19. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

My word! they can't win...

include black people in a game setting where it makes sense: racist
    don't include enough diversity in games: racist

What exactly do they want the developers to do here? :duh:

20. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The Political Correctness crowd are never happy... yeesh.

Tags: Add Tags