1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Hiper gone bust?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thatguy119, 6 Aug 2009.

1. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

Saw this on ebuyer forums:

http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?t=49089

Can anybody confirm? I never knew that much about their PSU's. Never heard amazing things but never anything really bad either. So I won't miss them but I won't be happy they are gone, assuming this is correct, any thoughts?

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Good riddance. The one I used to have ran hot, was noisy, and eventually went tits up, taking out my motherboard with it.

3. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Oh might get a nice sale on hiper PSU's soon..
    It's not good riddance atall though, more brittish jobs lost and another small blow to industry.

4. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Where have you been :O HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THEIR CASES!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT HIPER!!! No one is safe, not even COOLERMASTER! NOT EVEN ANTEC :waah:

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Meh, I've never had a very high opinion of the brand as far as PSUs go (the only time I ever hear of them is when people have bad things to say about them), so I've personally always avoided them.

So no loss to me as I doubt I'd ever buy one of their PSUs, but their recent venture with mid-range cases (the Osiris in particular) looked like decent alternatives to the vastly more popular (and hence overused) Antec cases in that price range.

6. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I have a Type-M 580W which I'm satisfied with, but I've had a couple of Seasonic units since, and they're definitely my brand of choice now!

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

me too! it was cheap at the time for a reasonable 580W psu so I got it and it is still going strong after 2.5 years and powering a completely different rig, the only thing still in there is one of my hard disks!

8. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

i have their keyboard and its really loud and "2" is getting stuck, serves them right.

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

that, my friend, was their downfall...:D

pimonserry likes this.
  10. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

BLASPHEMER!

Seriously though, I have a 630W type M and I've never had a problem with it, I'll be sad to see them go :(