1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte Sumo 4112 Case Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 7 Aug 2009.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. ry@n

ry@n Minimodder

Looks like Gigabyte should stick to what they know best!

3. robyholmes

robyholmes I'm under your desk...

Looks nice, shame about the cooling tho.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

With the CPU cooling so well catered for, it's a pity that the GPU isn't. Seems like it could do with a couple of 120mm fans on the side panel directly above the GPU area...

5. bradders2125

bradders2125 What's a Dremel?

Why did they make it so tall, look at the space above the mobo. It needs more length not height.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Bear in mind that it's not a typical 'modern' case - the PSU has to go in the top rather than the bottom.

The extra space between the mobo and the PSU is probably to account for oversized heatsinks like a TRUE120.

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

funny you should say that, i have a Gigabyte Aurora 3D and have ended up modding a 120mm onto the inside of the mesh on the side panel. it works reasonably well, but the fact is that this design just doesnt have enough airflow, nor does it have the length required for a large graphics card.

i love the way my case looks, and i bought it mainly based on that if im honest. although if i had my choice again i'd have gone for a P180/90.

8. mclintox

mclintox Eat cheese!

Way overpriced for waht it is,i'm surprised you gave it 5/10 for value.Better to be had for less!

9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

If they stick with it and try to improve where they fall short, they'll be able to create good cases eventually. Being generous, they're having teething problems. If nothing changes, their case design department is rife with incompetence.

10. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

I think incompetance is a little harsh. More stagnant. The Sumo we've reviewed here is, basically, a 3D Aurora with a face lift in black aluminium. The fact that Gigabyte are still using the blue 120mm fans from the aurora as exhausts, despite this case's inbuilt red lighting is dead give away.

I do agree though, that it'd be nice to see some genuine new designs from manufactuers, instead of retreads of older models with new fascias and a few tweaks here and there, such as Antec's recent refreshes.

Tags: Add Tags