1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Sharp LC46SB54U + Sharp Support...

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 14 Nov 2008.

1. MorChaos

MorChaos What's a Dremel?

Episode 6

A local freight company called me Friday. I got the message to late and was able to get a hold of them today. They said my new TV is due in and scheduled for delivery on Wed 8-05. They are delivering my TV and Picking up my old TV. I was wondering how Sharp expected me to ship the old TV back. Sounds like they already have that scheduled as well. :rock:

2. MorChaos

Maybe they have replaced several TVs so far and someone stiffed them on the old unit already

3. fosingwo

fosingwo What's a Dremel?

did everybody get a refurbished tv or should I hold out some more?? btw morchaos how were you able to get a 85un? did u have the lc46sb54u? they offered me a refurbished lc46sb65u. should i try and get the 85un or you have special pulls. lol

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I got a brand new one

5. fosingwo

fosingwo What's a Dremel?

thanx for confirming my thought of sharp trying to take the cheapest route. o yea they also wanted my cc info to. i told them i'll give em a call back

6. MorChaos

As far as I could tell, my TV was a brand new 85UN, sealed in factory box. Everything was packaged as if it were new, I even got the new sealed generic remote batteries that will be dead by next week...lol The delivery company mounted and set-up my new TV. They also packed up and shipped my old TV back to Sharp. A refurbished TV of the same model is going to have the same issues, I would definitely insist on a different model TV that does not have known issues with any item you are currently having conflicts with. If a refurbished TV of the same model fixes the problem, then whatever part having the problems should be something that can be fixed by your local repair technician and save you the time, save the company the shipping costs.

7. MorChaos

Episode 7

Just a progress update. everything is now connected to HDMI due to the extra connections. Love the new TV. I have been playing my XBOX360 alot. I am trying to hit that infamous 10th prestige on CoD WAW. I haven't seen any glitches or conflicts. I am happy again... :clap:

8. keyshore07

keyshore07 What's a Dremel?

Hey guys i just started the fight with sharp a couple days ago and is there anything big that would help me to get through this soon. any help would be great. and thanks in advance for the past posts.

9. DarkLord7854

I've sent you the information for contacting Sharp, hope it helps

10. keyshore07

hey thanks for the contact info
    i tried calling william and hes not at his desk
    emailed him no response yet

first they made me do a factory reset and it still doesnt fix the problem and now
    after about calling them like 10 times they said they'll email me the firmware now and its shore to work.
    we'll see how everything goes
    hopefully william got my message

11. DarkLord7854

Firmware won't work, I can guarantee it ;)

specofdust and julianmartin like this.
  12. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I think DarkLord deserves a ****ing medal and a half for all the work done on this issue with the Sharp TV. I'll give you some rep at least...

13. DarkLord7854

Lol thanks mate :D

14. keyshore07

Yah i read the whole forum and i know it wont work so im just goin to try it and give them a call back when it starts flashing again

15. DarkLord7854

I love how this thread is part of the first 10 or so results on a Google search for LC46SB54U hehe..

16. keyshore07

i got the firmware and it started flashing quicker than usually and now i have an appointment for a technician to come look into to it this week

if this does work does anybody know what they will do next and what i should do?

17. DarkLord7854

They'll make you chase your tail for a while most likely, and you'll have to keep calling, and calling, and calling, and calling.. it's fun :(

18. keyshore07

DarkLord7854

what tv did they replace yours with?
    and do you know what the technicians will do?

19. DarkLord7854

They replaced it with an Aquos line, I forget which model though, it's very nice though.

I refused to let technicians come out, I told them I'm busy 8am till 6pm Mon-Fri, if they want to send someone after that or during the weekend, then that's fine. Naturally they said no thanks and opted to swap the TV.

20. 9bs

9bs What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone, i guess i'm now in the same boat. After 5 months of reading this (at first i decided to keep it as it was), but this glitch is getting me crazy every time I play, plus now a horizontal line of death pixels appeared, I have to contact sharp to get a replacement, hopefully I'll get an aquos given I too have the xbox problem....