1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: FUGGDIVINO (100% Complete)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sethnmalice, 1 Apr 2009.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Then they are deaf, blind and dumb lol.

The case as a whole looks fantastic, excellent design, nice colour choice and fantastic craftsmanship. +rep

2. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

Looks amazing, nicely done! Question, did you buy your motherboard backpane thingy from mountain mods? I bought mine from there and it looks pretty much identical to yours (though I haven't read your entire log yet).

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

The color combo works really well.

truly stunning work there Seth, well done :thumb:

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

-and my spell checker just freaked.

5. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

u owe me a keyboard this ones sticky now..

eww

6. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

:jawdrop: That is so awesome!! Can't wait for the final pics!

7. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

ty:)

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttt mountain mods stole my idea????? Cheesecake
    Umm its all hand made by me, read the log if you dont believe me :)

ty:)

ty :)
    Eww!!....ooooo!!!! I still have a keyboard to mod for this and a moose.

ty :)

8. sethnmalice

One tends to get all excited when he sees what he has produced and just whacks the whole thing together and then gets to a special point where he cant fix the problem without pulling the whole case apart...good thing most of it can be pulled a part with ease.

My problem is this...

[​IMG]

The video card dosn't slot in perfectly (it did before the paint work), and also none of the screws fit in either, paint in there stops that, and I never gave it any thought really...

But I have to pull case apart and re tap those holes...

So I did...

[​IMG]

Now that's better, and the card fits and everyone's happy again.

I put it back together, this also gave me the opportunity to get rid of dust and metal bits that were floating around in the chassis tubes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some said to remove the stickers off the fans, so I did that too.

[​IMG]

And so begins the gruelling task of cable management, don't expect anything fancy, i just need it to look clean and tidy, I'm not trying to hide every single cable, just the majority of them, once the side panels are on, no one will ever see inside it again.

[​IMG]
    Trying to keep it fairly organized on the back panel of the motherboard tray.

Making some loopy cable holders from modders mesh tomorrow, then ill fit them with Uber double sided tape of the gods.

More to follow soon

Seth

9. The boy 4rm oz

Get some of those adhesive cable tie mounts, you have a ton of room behind the mobo tray to put those un-used PSU cables.

10. stonedsurd

My heart skips a beat every time I see another picture of that case :)

Feels like high school all over again.

11. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

the fans are better without stickers! :thumb:

And look at all that cable hiding real estate behind the mobo! its not going to be so hard to hide the cables thats for sure!

12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

With such a beauty you ought to have a hobby photographer take some final pics.

13. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

I concur.

Nice project. Can't say I have anything bad to say about. I shall await your cable management ;)

Good luck finishing this beast.

:thumb:

14. sethnmalice

Couldnt find any, but I know what your talking about, I improvised :)

There will be more, I enjoy taking photos of it lol.

I'll let the pictures decide.

I'm getting professional photos done for me, I'm not good with a camera, my photos are all taken with the flash on, after a few hours of nibbling my arms can barely hold my hands up let alone standing still for a camera shot, so, flash on and a quicky snap. I feel if the viewer can see the photo then its good enough for me.

I'm glad, would be devastated to get this far after all these awesome comments that are in part a driving for for motivation. :)

15. sethnmalice

CABLE MANAGEMENT!!??!!

Ah yes... this will be my undoing.

I'm all about the Case, the Design, the Execution, and the Flow. Hardware and Cables, is where I fall apart. Don't get me wrong, I do try and keep it as clean cut as possible.

I spend a lot of money on case modding or scratch build cases, that I usually dont have the money to put any hardware into them, and then I either give them away or recycle them into another case mod/build.

So if your expecting Cable Management like you would see on those Million Dollar PC Cases, then this is where I will fail you now.

[​IMG]
    Inside Front.

[​IMG]
    Inside Rear.

[​IMG]
    Overall.

I don't think it's messy, I've done worse, modular PSU would have helped a lot, but I don't have the cash for a PSU like that, so I used my old one and did the best I could do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Overall from the back.

There's enough airflow in it, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Moving on...

Anyone noticed No DVD or Power button?

Yep they are not there, the Home Theater has the option to turn the PC on so I decided not to add a power button.
    And with the H.T. Unit using up 2 x 5.25 space, no room for DVD Rom, so I am improvising and will be using an external, but it's a tad boring, so I will be modding it a little, but for now this is what it looks like, I'll be back later to show you what it will become.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back with more soon :)

Seth

16. The boy 4rm oz

Nice work on the cable management. 1 question though, what is the Molex cable doing under the graphics card? Is it powering the CPU fan? It would be easier to just put the CPU fan cable up and over the mobo tray, thus eliminating that Molex cable from view. You could also find a round IDE cable, that would just eliminate the need for the bulky flat cable.

I am loking the idea of the external DVD drive, can't wait to see what you do to it.

17. sethnmalice

I think its some sort of power, maybe for the GPU, I dont know for sure, hardware isn't my forte.

Once the side panel is on, no one ever going to be able to see into the case. I just used the spare parts I had laying about the place. IDE Cables are very nostalgic these days. :)

18. The boy 4rm oz

You could probably get away without using that power connector, it will only make a difference in overclocking.

19. sethnmalice

Has been a while since my last post.

I basically got modders block, yes it does happen. I could think for the life of me what to do with the external drive.

But as fate would have it and my imagination seems to kick in when WOW goes down for maintenance, I had an idea and I went with it, these photos are progress shots of the last 4 hours of designing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So that's the design, the plan is to cut it out by hand with a nibbler, and then clean it up and bend it around the External CD Drive Unit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The External will be Powder coated white and the top design will be matt black, then I'll fix it to the External and that should be it.

Back with more soon.

Seth

20. stonedsurd

Nice design! :thumb:

Glad to have another update.