1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Operation Flashpoint 2 system requirements

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Aug 2009.

1. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

No, Assassins creeed had dual has a min, that game is fairly old now, should be a none issue now.

2. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

I still have a 754 A64 3200+ with an 8800GT, and haven't had a problem with any games from the last 1-2 yrs (including Crysis, although I haven't tried GTA 4). Most games are gpu limted and that's why you can get by with a less than stellar cpu.

3. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

You can get by yes, but your graphics card will be throttled by that CPU. CPU upgrades tend to have a big impact on minimum frame rates, which are obviously important too

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I'm not saying it was an issue.

My point about Stranglehold was in response to the last line of the news article which mentioned "In the office we're struggling to think of any game that has really required a dual-core as minimum yet, though we're hesitant to say that Operation Flashpoint 2 is the first." While I'll agree that Assassins Creed states dual core minimum... you need to check your release dates - Assassins' Creed was released November 2008. Stranglehold was released September 2007. So Stranglehold 'required' it more than a year earlier than AC.

5. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

No, the games are completely separate. Maybe I can finally make good use of my Q6600 now.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I thought I read somewhere that OpFlash2 uses the same engine as GRID - Codemasters' so called 'EGO' engine...

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I think (dont quote me on this) that the engine is called "neon" and they created a tweaked version for GRID which they called "ego". i think they'll probably be tweaking and renaming this in some way.

its definately a good thing tho, GRID is one of the best looking games ever made (imo), and those particle effects in a military game are going to come in very handy for "fog of war" type moments

8. hexx

hexx What's a Dremel?

uuuuu so nope for me, for some reason GRID doesn't run on my machine, i swapped cpu, psu, gfx and bought another copy of grid and nothing, so i wasted together £600 hehe, but at least i've got q6700, dark power psu and 4870x2 now. Shame, i love racing games and demo was working fine but full game does not. vista 64 could be a problem? not sure :(

But can't wait for this game to be released, i spent long nights playing first flashpoint and want to try ARMA 2 after summer ( i still hope that summer will eventually come to London so i don't need to spend days on my PC)

9. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Hmmm.... it seems my video card the 7900GS does not meet the minimum requirement. Sounds like it might be time for an upgrade...

10. theory8sf

theory8sf What's a Dremel?

I agree!

Star*Dagger likes this.
  11. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Agreeing with the Star*Dagger has shown to have positive effects on ones multiplayer gaming skill, league ranking, love life and general pwnage!

LOL,
    S*D

P.S. Writing this on a quad core Alienware with 40 tabs open in firefox, 3 videos open and EVE Online in the "background".

12. bbshammo

bbshammo What's a Dremel?

No, it uses Codemaster's "Ego" engine; an upgraded and modified version of the one used for "Dirt". I reckon they'll use a variation of the Ego engine version used for "Dirt 2", which is you haven't already seen the screenshots for you seriously need to. Photorealistic is all I can say!.

If Race Driver Grid is anything to go by, someone said it used four cores, then it'll look totally awesome.

I just hope it at least meets ARMA 2 in terms of realism and detail, and better still, offers even more realism with ballistics, lighting, physics, damage, sound, etc...

Got my pre-order in; £18 at a well known game/movie/gadget e-tailer, or two ;)

Also, in case someone hasn't already mentioned, it's likely a DX11 game optimised for Win 7, considering the timing.

Also, also... AMD/ATI's new card will be out around the same time, with apparently 1200 cores; with the 800 core 4870/4890 being the cards of choice for Ego, as well Arma 2's engine, AND fully DX11 compliant!

Can't wait :)

13. cybergenics

cybergenics What's a Dremel?

Don't think there is much chance of that happening. This game is aimed at people graduating from COD4, BF2 fire from the hip strategy, but still wouldn't feel comfortable with a game like Arma which leaves most COD4 veterens in the cold with its clunky and somewhat 'progressive' style of gameplay, but that doesn't mean it won't be fun.

Just the fact Arma and now Arma II left out the ability to jump (but you can step over obstacles in II) scared off the hoards of people who rabbit their way round a multiplayer server, spoling the game for everyone.

Unlike BIS they probably will deal with the bugs better. Arma II isn't that bad bug wise, but some people are having serious issues. I think the game will be very enjoyable though, depending on what happens with multiplayer and if servers end up with scores of bunnyhopping Russians and Germans it may be ok online too.

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm really looking forward to this game. I'll be interested to see how runs on a high clocked dual core. To be honest it's aout time game developers started using more than 2 cores on a regular basis.

Tags: Add Tags