1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Five LGA1156 coolers tested on Lynnfield

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 13 Aug 2009.

1. ciri28

ciri28 What's a Dremel?

two thoughts

First, I am relieved to find out that I am not the only person that hates the way most coolers mount. I am certain that there is a secret competition between the designers to see who's cooler can obtain the highest points in three categories, longest to install, most frustrating and most confusing.

Second, the coolers maybe part of a more sinister plot. Assuming that everyone is busy for an hour* installing their cooler at the same time, an opportunist could take over the world with little resistance or commotion.

*I am allowing an hour time to wad up the instructions and throw them across the room, stomp on the box and search the internet for new curse words.

2. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Good detective work :) Yes, the delta Ts are very high, which is why none of the coolers got a good review.

Although, as the article states, we can't go specifics about the overclock, I can say it's not the maximum overclock for that chip and doesn't require a huge amount of additional voltage. Clearly, the cooler manufacturers still have a lot of work to do.

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

when will we see test results for those boards and the cpus?

4. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

When they launch - be patient! :)

5. HourBeforeDawn

really? Intel and the mobo companies have a NDA that last until launch thats unusual

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

mobo companies are under the same Intel NDA. It's entirely normal and usual ;)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's the "hackers keyboard" of motherboards.

All black has been done to death. (Yet I will admit I find it attractive with the subtle grey). It's an uninventive style.

I won't deny it will be technically fantastic.. if you run liquid or extreme cooling, but for the average consumer it will be no better than the usual suspects.

8. HourBeforeDawn

really huh... that sucks oh well so what was the end of the NDA again for them?

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

8th Sept.

Got a loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go :D

10. HourBeforeDawn

D'oh >.<

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Hmmmm.... just a month. Almost time for another nVidia rebadge then, ain't it?

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

a bump on this old thread. sorry. but i wanted to ask:
    when is bolt-through kit for TRUE going to be released? what about a re-newed edition of Corsair H50?

having played with i7 860 at Asus event, and not under any NDA. i would like to take a stab at guessing the processor speed used:
    3.8Ghz to 4Ghz?
    reason is that you said voltage isn't particularly high, it won't break 3.6 on stoke volts. also, it's 100% load which should yeild higher temperature than x264 encoding, but we used stock cooling, so it should be about the same.

am i right? pretty sure it's not more than 4Ghz. there's a thermal wall at 4Ghz, at least with stock cooling and Intel TM enabled :p

Tags: Add Tags