1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits The CPC and bit-tech Gaming Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 14 Aug 2009.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

I like the idea of twice as many podcasts! If one is tech only and one is gaming only, does that mean you are planning to basically do the same as before, but release 2 shorter podcasts? Or are you planning on going more "indepth" than time allowed before?
    *Please be the latter, please please*

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

More chat on both. This one is 45 minutes on its own (or an hour before cuts).

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yep - two in-depth, not two shorter. Hopefully the gaming one should become a bit smoother as we learn how to run it all - this was my first time at hosting and editing :s

5. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

That was pretty darned entertaining. And once you get a couple under your belts and slicken/tighten everything up a bit it shoudl be even better.

Much more interesting than talking about boring hardware ;)

EDIT:

Oh, also, I meant to mention: totally agree about Trine. Last level is rubbish to the extreme.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I actually listened to all of it (I know!), entered the competition and everything.

Looking forward to the Arcade edition, if only to hear whether Joe finishes his story about HOTD3 and mentions both where himself and myself ended up on the leader board.

I agree with you on Left4Dead: it's a funny old game. I find myself aiming for versus because that's the competitive game, the one us gamers sort of are drawn to. But in all honestly, where the game shines brightest is straight forward Expert Campaign. That's the way it should be played, and I only need to abandon versus for a campaign or two to be reminded why everyone loved it in the first place.

7. fev

fev Industry Fallout

As an avid pod cast guest wannabe. Any room for the guy who works the industry?

8. CardJoe

Maybe in a few episodes time, possibly. I'm very keen to have some special guests if possible, but I think it's important that we learn to get the basics right first. Walk before we dance.

9. CardJoe

Out of curiosity, how did people find the volume?

10. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Variable, but good. I think Rich in particular appeared to lean into his mic every so often. Presumably there's a volume levelling filter in whatever you're using to edit? If so, I suggest using it :)

11. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

the volume was fine, i never had to change the volume on my headphones and it was probably my favourite podcast you've done. Funny and unpredictable. Going from booth babes to necrophilia was hilarious and i liked the whole when pc zone was good :)

12. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I feel that I can be quite critical at times, joining in speculation about whether the Dennis publishing would be the end of Bit-Tech as we know it - but I have to say that was fantastic, kudos to bit-tech and CPC guys!!!! Amazing :D

Volume is perfect for me. Hate to be partisan, but you guys should send it this to hexus and tell them how to do an entertaining bit of media :D

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

who? :confused:

14. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Great podcast, really loved it. I really like the idea of having the separate podcasts. Don't get me wrong, the hardware one was great but It's great to hear more Joe! Great job! :rock:

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ah can finally get around to listening to this.. trine huh- I know a guy I got to play trine- he roid raged on the last level too :hehe: told him he's gettin old.. think he actually went back to the beginning and played it on easy- he went missing a couple of days

hehe I liked it.. my gf is here though and she said, you can listen to that all day.. I'm told her it's not all day- it's a podcast, and she's all whatever

btw she said you guys are annoying =] this was the best one heard so far- can relate to some of those games.. and you used rubbish alot

least she laughed about the goat wearing eyeliner- if you want a game that was dev'd for adults back in the 80's joe.. check out custards revenge :hehe: http://classicgaming.gamespy.com/View.php?view=GameMuseum.Detail&id=282

Last edited: 15 Aug 2009
  16. loftie

loftie Multimodder

If you're getting bored of L4D guys, there's loads of maps to try out there, and some servers are running modded games. I'm gaming with the ashentech guys, and the mod they run is quite good, though it makes the game a lot harder for survivors. ( Sorry if that seems like a plug )

Take a look what the community is doing, might interest you :)

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just got to the last level of Trine, it's ***** annoying!

i don't understand why developers hate PS3 so much. surely it'd be like developing for a 8 core machine with a little weaker on GPU front.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No one develops for 8 core at the moment - the current model makes it very hard to schedule, especially when they are waiting for the GPU to process the information.

To make things worse, the PS3 uses a single dispatch processor based on IBM PPC technology, then several other in-order Cell cores to do the grunt of the work. It's a multi-multi-system.

Not to mention the RSX uses GDDR3, a derivative of SDRAM technology, but the Cell uses RDRAM.

I highly suggest reading the book about the development of the Xbox and Cell chips.. it's on amazon, I cant remember the name sorry. It's something like "behind the next generation games consoles" and was written by an IBM engineer. I think you can only order it from amazon.com

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

then PS3 can be said to be ahead of its time. multi-core optimisations will be needed eventually.

the dispatch way of doing things is not that bad, it's like having an embedded processor to dispatch work to other co-processors. there are a lot of work done on such thing. Critical Blue does a great job of it.

thanks for the suggestion, i'll look into it.

20. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The Demotivational thread was mentioned as a source of low-key smut on Bit-Tech. My work here is done :)

Found it very entertaining, good stuff. Games are certainly the most interesting thing to hear discussed in podcasts. I noticed Harry didn't talk as much as the rest of you; perhaps you should have a talking-stick to pass around during recording :lol:

Oh, and I'm glad Farenheit's sex scenes were mentioned. Those traumatised and embarrassed the hell out of me, thought I was just being a wuss...

Tags: Add Tags