1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other New Hardware Company!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ross@RB7-Tech, 18 Aug 2009.

1. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

I was putting together an AM3 system and it still had RAM in 3GB multiples :)

2. Ross@RB7-Tech

Ross@RB7-Tech What's a Dremel?

Fixing all of these now thanks sooo much for the feedback.

3. Jambo72

Jambo72 Playstuff.net

+1 to extra detail about parts. Personally, I hunt relentlessly to find the best quality parts from great and reliable companys when building any system. Show people that you have hunted for great products that they would be proud to own and so they know exactly what they are buying (Enthusiasts only)

4. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Like the pre built catagories. Maybe just tidy up the menu on the front page. Maybe just lave it with budget systems then from within that choose intel or AMD rather than the other way round. Don't forget your good old HTPC either =) You could also maybe use custom PC bench marks or real world game testing using FRAPS to show performance differences.

Although alot of people here build systems themselves, it can never hurt to refer a few people. After all, if the quality and price is good why not?

5. Ross@RB7-Tech

We are setting up some pre-built and HTPC . And we will be benchmarking PC's as we go so that should be done within a few weeks. We have started a system so you can choose the level of detail it goes into for each part for either beginner or enthusiasts.

6. Ross@RB7-Tech

Just as a quick update we have fixed a lot of the problems you have highlighted :

* Changed the text in the footer
    * Added extra options (64bit OS's for budget machines)
    * Added two options for level of detail
    * Removed the 14 pound PSU and replaced it with a more reliable one.
    *Added more options for ram in budget systems

If anyone else can send us anymore feedback its all welcome.

7. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

Corsair and Seasonic are at least really safe choices. :)

Knowing the brand, model and wattage is propably enough already.

The Corsair CX400 can be had for as low as £30, that could fit in the budget systems.

The more expensive systems are still missing more info about the PSUs BTW.

Also, no E8000 series CPUs?

Oh, and what's wrong with the "As low as" prices? They are all £0.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2009
  8. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Its, all good, dunno whether its because I'm using ultra safe firefox but the enthusiast/standard button doesn't actually work, if its not due to my firefox, then more difference between Enthusiast and Standard is needed (remove CAS Latency from Standard for example)
    Also, explain what standard/enthusiast means and put it in a more visible location, If I didn't know to look for it I would have missed it... other wise, its all good

Also, I notice your using Dominator RAM on your high end systems, Corsair are good, there is no denying it, but to keep the prices of your rigs down but your profit margin the same then consider a cheaper RAM maker such as crucial - they are a big name, reliable and tend to be cheaper, they also use Micron DRAM chips which are superior (to elpida etc...) oh and... don't tell people how much build costs :p make it a 3 choice list but don't tell it to them directly, have a finalization page with the total costs because people are more likely to pay the £100 build cost if they don't realize that's what they are paying for :hehe:

Oh and btw... cool related names would be nice such as - instead of CM690 Dominator - RB7-Tech Dominator or instead of Coolermaster HAF 932 - RB7-Tech Tornado or Whirlwind (relating to high airflow)

Look forward to reading reviews about your computers, remember to invest in things like heatshrinks and cable braids and small mods etc... its these little things that push your rating right up when your products are reviewed, oh and good luck :thumb:

mm vr likes this.
  9. Gryphon

Gryphon What's a Dremel?

Also in your overclocking options the lower option is called 'stable overclock' which sort of implies that the more expensive one might be unstable...

10. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Yer an also dont state 5-20% then 10-40%, customers won't appreciate the overlap, state it as it is - Stable at 10% or 15% and Extreme at 20%-30%, anything over a 30% overclock and your warranty time could pose a problem, especially bearing in mind most people don't understand the importance of dusting your Heatsinks and fans every so often, core gets weaker, heatsinks get less efficient, its down hill all the way :grr:

11. planem997

planem997 What's a Dremel?

Any options for raid config and also what about 3rd and 4th harddrives, some people might want huge storage space, also more detail for higher end systems, i want to know who made the components and what speed they are at and all that stuff. really awesome website, its getting there

12. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

The slideshow at the top of the main page is way to quick, it also gets 'stuck' in between images (on Chrome anyway). Try a fade transition if you can?

The left navigation box should have all the text on a single line IMO, Configure Intel Based... Systems doesn't look quite as good.

The RB7-Tech logo has some aliasing issues, the design is fine but it could use some... gloss?

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I know its only a little thing, but, on the configuring thing, with the optical drives.

You've got 5x Blurray player, obviously, the 5x is the speed, but it could be taken as there are five of them, which could be problematic if you get an awkward sod trying to wrangle something for nothing and complaining that there weren't 5 drives.

14. jake9891

jake9891 Loves Internet Shopping

I had a look too and overall I liked the website, but there are two things I noticed. First one is the way everything is priced, it is always on "+", idk maybe it's just me, but some people might be a little bit confused. I will explain that on below example:

# Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 (2 x 2.8GHz, 3MB Cache) +£ 87.27 XXX
    # Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 (2 x 3.06GHz, 3MB Cache) +£ 113.14
    # Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 (4 x 2.33GHz, 4MB Cache) +£ 116.94
    # Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 (4 x 2.66GHz, 6MB Cache) +£ 150.17
    # Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (4 x 2.83GHz, 12MB Cache) +£ 174.39

If the Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 is selected and I would like to buy Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, do I have to pay extra £174.39 or just the difference between the one previously selected and this? I just thought it might be a little bit confusing for some people. That was my first impression. Dell's website has similar way of listing the prices, but there (I think) + means the difference that you have to pay instead of full price of the item and if u select more expensive stuff it shows "-" on the cheapest things. I hope I explained my point :p

Another thing as someone previously mentioned I think is this:

#700W Power Supply +£ 47.99

Not much info about PSU, what kind of manufacturer or model is it? Just the manufacturer and model number or w/e would give so much info about psu to potential buyer.

Just thought I will add my two bits :) Overall the website is looking great.

Edit: sorry i didnt notice I was on standard details ;) :p

15. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

It would be a lot of work but you could do what novatech does, when you select the options it changes to show what effect everything has on your budget, i.e. when you click Q9550 then the E7400 shows - £70 blah blah etc...

Also, the office pcs are total overkill, workstation and office should be seperate, i.e. celerons and semprons in Office and Quads and Phenoms in Workstation, maybe a few Xeons?

planem997 likes this.
  16. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

On the budget systems (didn't check others), the graphics cards are arranged in an odd order. They should be arranged according to performance and/or price to avoid confusion.

17. Ross@RB7-Tech

Thanks for all the feedback. We are aware of these problems and they should be fixed by the end of today. What features would get you coming back to a hardware site like RB7-Tech.co.uk eg: forum , blog , video reviews, ect . Extra things apart from the store . Just wondering what your views are.

18. docodine

I love video reviews and unboxings, if you cleanly integrate them into the layout they would definitely add a lot to the store.

19. Ross@RB7-Tech

Thats what we are thinking. I have a team finishing the site off now but I am thinking as too where I am going to take it in to the future I think that is a good idea. Does anybody else have any ideas ?

20. docodine

Hire Rodney Reynolds.