1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other New Hardware Company!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ross@RB7-Tech, 18 Aug 2009.

1. Ross@RB7-Tech

Ross@RB7-Tech What's a Dremel?

I often watch those video's :p I think the website is almost there :D hope you guy's enjoyed being a part of this. If you would like to send me some more feedback I would be happy to give out promo codes in return for good idea's. Just email me at Ross@rb7-tech.co.uk

Thanks so much Ross

2. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I know this might sound daft, but is there any way to detect the RAM in the system, and change OS accordingly? For example, if I select a 2GB configuration on say, the Antec 300 case, the OS is still listed as 32-bit. Might be worth a look, since 64-bit Vista has a driver headache sometimes. Still, maybe I'm not sure. Perhaps a 32-bit option, with a not eattached saying "Warning: If you've ordered 4GB of RAM, go for the 64-bit option, because if you don't, you won't be able to use all of it."

Also, am I the only one who's a little concerned that you have to order a case, with its own pre-selected motherboard? Or things like not being able to get a Core i7 in an Antec Three Hundred, say?

EDIT: I think it'd also be quite difficult to get CPU and GPU cooling of an i7-975 Extreme and 2 GTX295 cards in an Antec 902. ;)

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I'm thinking that they are tying the case to the mobo for simplicity's sake, but it really does limit your options too much.

4. MaverickWill

Simplicity? Wouldn't it be more simple to start off picking out the socket/motherboard first, then the case? My example of no i7s in an Antec 300 is fine, but what about someone who wanted an MSI K9A2 Platinum in an Antec 1200/TJ07 for Folding? Maybe it's just me, but isn't picking the case before (or perhaps in spite of) the CPU/motherboard putting the cart before the horse?

5. Ross@RB7-Tech

This is all true, although we have tried it the other way around and this led to many more compatibility issues. Although I will be adding as many cases as I can to each option for example you will be able to get a Antec 300 case for a core i7 system I just haven't duplicated to many yet because I want to make sure all the bugs are worked out of each one first.

6. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Are you gonna use my names idea? :p , I'll even think of a few for you :hehe:

7. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Suppose I want a sound card like Asus Xonar or a Logitech.
    Could that be arranged?

8. Ross@RB7-Tech

Yes will be adding them tomorrow. Will only have about 5 choices of sound card to begin with though.

9. Ross@RB7-Tech

The site is now launched please visit us at RB7-Tech.co.uk. As a thank you for being a very helpful community here is a promo code for 30 Pounds off. " Launch "

If anyone can give me the email of someone I can speak to about advertising on this site it would be a great help.

Thank you and hope to hear from you again soon.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Just having a look on your site, just one small thing that needs to be altered.
    In your 'About Us' page, it's tiny tiny issues that bug me, Just as an example:
    You can see the Full Stop is between Application and We, but there's no space between the stop and We, then there is a space between Eversham and the comma, and the same again after Worcestershire. Just need to sort those out, and that bit looks ok.

Second thing that caught my eye was a lack of being able to contact you, granted the Contact Us link does direct you to an email facility, but i think maybe you could add some information just explaining that you don't have a telephone line for what ever reason, etc, KustomPCs only communicate through e-mail, and they state this in there contact page, so i think it would be worth your while to do the same.

Third thing, this is just an idea, but if you have some hardware, maybe link it to a Bit-tech review:thumb:

On that note, i wish you all the best.

Sam

11. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

The about us page could do with a bit more information and could probably be worded better, especially the last part. There are also a number of full stops and commas etc. with spaces where there shouldn't be as pointed out by samkiller.

Linking certain pieces of hardware to reviews also sounds like a good idea.

There's a mistake under the keyboard drivers, the logitech section says it links to the microsoft website. Also it might look better if you didn't repeat the same wording again and again.

There are some mistakes in the terms and conditions, noticed under the privacy policy no spaces and some out of place words.

This wording also seems a little odd under your intel water cooled pc list: "Our gaming computers take advantage of the fastest graphics and chipsets to blister through the latest games." How do you "blister" through games?

Will look for any other obvious mistakes later.

12. MaverickWill

With blistering speed, at a blistering pace! ;)

13. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

Meeeh! Don't launch yet, much still to be done, change Home/Office to Workstation and create a new Home/Office one with low power PCs. And the enthusiast/standard setting still needs work

14. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

The "Launch" discount seems to work a bit too well! I got £247.34 discount on a £360 budget computer!

[​IMG]

15. MaverickWill

Ooh, bet his terms and conditions haven't been written up properly yet... I'm buying 10 of these! /sarcasm

EDIT: The TJ07, with everything pimped out to "I like Apple's pricing policy" levels (ie as expensive as the bad-boy gets) costs just over £4500:

Subtotal £ 3,929.96
    Discount (Launch) -£ 480.00
    Tax £ 589.52

Grand Total £ 4,039.48

I don't even think that scales between £250 off a £360 machine, to £480 off a £4500 machine... something's going wrong...

DOUBLE EDIT: It costs about £15 more to get 32-bit Vista HP with the Intel budget system than it does to get 64-bit Vista HP... Is this a pricing boo-boo, because I didn't think 32-bit was more expensive.

ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING:

Case
    Coolermaster Elite 330Case
    1 x Coolermaster RC-330 Elite ATX Case £ 33.97
    Motherboard
    1 x ASRock G31M-S Motherboard £ 35.59
    Processor
    1 x Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 (2 x 2.93GHz, 3MB Cache) £ 93.42
    Memory (RAM)
    1 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800MHz (4-4-4-12) RAM £ 41.99
    Graphics Card
    1 x NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB Graphics Card £ 79.98
    Hard Drive
    1 x 500GB Hitachi Deskstar (7200RPM, 16MB Cache) Hard Drive £ 42.98
    Optical Drive
    1 x 1x DVD-RW Drive (24x DVD Write Speed) (also writes and reads CDs) £ 21.99
    Power Supply
    1 x 350W Silverstone ST35F Silent PSU 120mm Fan Dual +12V, PCI-E, SATA £ 34.94
    Operating System
    1 x Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit) (with free upgrade to Windows 7) £ 79.32
    Monitor
    1 x None £ 0.00
    Keyboard & Mouse
    1 x None £ 0.00
    Speakers
    1 x None £ 0.00
    Warranty Options
    1 x 2 Years Collect and Return Warranty £ 39.99
    Build Options
    1 x Standard Build (4-7 days) £ 34.99

Without discounts, £540. With discounts, £220! While stocks last! ;)

Last edited: 24 Aug 2009
  16. oasked

These are in the T&C's:

17. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

[​IMG]
    I'm 'aving that

18. MaverickWill

Ah, bugger, he's clued up on contract law. Still, put in an order for 6, see if he notices... "Ooh, £450 order for a Coolermaster cheapy... Transfer funds... ARGH!"

Moral of the story: Intent is displayed through actions, not words. Also, check the quantity box before taking someone's money.

19. oasked

I would just like to point out that I didn't actually order anything.... :p

I did find some more problems though.... AMD systems list 3 different options of DDR3, all of which are "3Gb", yet have a huge price difference.

20. MaverickWill

No, I'm sure that Mrs Will Antony Leather lives at your address and uses your bank details, and your email address... Coincidentally, if you'd had an order for 700 of those bad boys from someone who appears to be me, it's not. Honest!

:worried::worried::worried::worried: