1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows What games do you play?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by darklord of chaos, 28 Aug 2009.

1. darklord of chaos

darklord of chaos What's a Dremel?

I figured I would ask who is playing what games these days? personally I have discovered the joys of dosbox :rock: and I am working my way through the old dos games which have more gameplay then most these days.

2. damienVC

damienVC What's a Dremel?

COD5 and BF2142 mostly, just about to go back to BF2 for old time's sake. Current favourite though is Red Alert 2 on my netbook - quick 30 minute fix while the soaps are on and the wife's non the wiser!

3. Zongplop

Zongplop Never take life seriously

Mainly Cod 5 just for nazi zombies, i'd love if they just sold nazi zombie maps so you dont have to download the multiplayer maps with it. But yeh Nazi zombies with my brother (Skiddywinks)

4. Dreamcometru

Dreamcometru Minimodder

Dawn of War 2, Dead space, Red Alert 3, Killing Floor, Left for dead all good games... check reviews before you buy games, if it gets below 8/10 its not worth buying

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

Neverwinter nights 2 and Trials 2 SE:

oh and the spot of Pro evo

6. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Yes!

I've been playing Syndicate + American Revolt. I had forgotten how incredibly solid American Revolt is, I have no idea how I ever managed to complete it.

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

lol, you go girl!

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

In need of a new game actually. I've still got some free EA vouchers so I might go raid there back catelogue. I never did give Crysis a proper go...

9. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I like single-player, having just gone thru GTA IV and both Crysis' (Cryses?), and currently going through Deus Ex (again) + mods.

I play L4D online though :thumb:

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Crysis
    DiRT
    maybe some TF2 on the side.

what mods are you using? i wouldnt mind going through DE again

11. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

You shouldn't be over reliant on reviews. Lurk on forums and watch youtube user videos to get a feel for a game, should the developers not release a demo. Aside from advertising shills (who are usually obvious,) people will jump at the opportunity to voice their opinion on the latest games.

Games; Left 4 Dead, Day of Defeat (occasionally lurk on the GTFO servers,) Deus Ex (with texture mod,) Mirror's Edge...

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

arma 2 online is becoming funny as trolling has become recently discovered. like smashing helicopters into friendly apcs full of guys

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

At present i am pretty much all out of games i want to finish (from my own catalog).
    I'm waiting for some games to arrive here (Batman Arkham Asylum, for one), and some more to get released (COD:MW2, Forza 3).
    Right now, all of that is on the back burner, though.

On the PC side, i am Still playing the quick missions in COD4, and zombie mode from COD5

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Baldur's Gate, sincce Throne of Bhaal FINALLY arrived after a month of waiting.

15. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Just finished Dead Space, wow what a scary, gory and totally brilliant game. It plays very different from your standard 3rd person shooter and even totally unlike an FPS. I loved the idea of your vital stats being displayed as part of your enviroment suit but the real challenge in my opinion is the fact that standard tactics won't do you much good. If you go for head or body shots you'll end up as shish kebab, you actually have to slice limbs off your targets to both slow them down and finally kill them.

The last time I played a game that scared me so much was when I first played AvP as a Marine - bloody motion trackers!

16. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Spent my summer holidays replaying the Xwing series, X-wing v Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance.
    Also replayed Homeworld and Homeworld 2. Productive summer. :)
    During school time I'll probably revert to quick games of LFD between homework.

17. October

October Mariachi Style

Mostly CSS and Max Payne at the minute...and Farmville on Facebook :worried:

Waiting on my build finance to gather so I can catch up on all the stuff I didn't get to play/finish over the last 2 years, FEAR, GRAW, Bioshock, Crysis etc.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2009
  18. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Finally after many years stopped playing nova's Joint Operations and really got into COD4. Enjoying so much we have started our own site and squad up.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Currently COD4, Hitman: BM, Mass Effect(COD 4 multi taking away time for this) and Dead Space.

20. sentek

sentek What's a Dremel?

i just finished playing through half-life 2 again,
    then picked up episodes 1&2 as i never played them before..
    i love the hl story line, cant wait to see what happens next! :D

as for what im playing now; not much i guess, waiting for the new red faction pc release