1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Xtreme Global Summit

Discussion in 'ASUS' started by andrew8200m, 28 Aug 2009.

1. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Remember folks, we won't get our logins until the 15th - but you can blog away already on 'ere apparently.

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Yea I know you can but that then opens up "ideas" for others to rummage through.... :p

Andy

3. Jack_Pepsi

It does indeed.

;)

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's just blogging for fun ;) no need to be all competitive about it.

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Best blogger wins a trip to Taiwan to visit ASUS HQ I believe.

6. wyx087

well, if you are into that kind of things........ it's just a tour of a factory. i had tryed to get information on how the ROG's netbook overclock utility work during the event last friday, but they won't say.

IMHO it's more interesting to get a tour of, say, ARM, no factory floors, just where real innovation happens.

7. Jack_Pepsi

Just a tour?

Dude, I want to go to Taiwan - it could be a tour around the broom cupboard for all I care!

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Oh, boo. Mind you I've seen pics of these factories and quite a few pretty girls work there so it's not all that bad :thumb:

9. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I agree, i'm still pissed off about the lack of booth babes at the event :naughty:

Anyway, like wuyanxu said, there's no need to get competative, i'll win anyway it's all in good fun! :thumb:

10. wyx087

each to their own. as i used to have Chinese national, i've visited there before. also, studying Electronics at Southampton, we have our own clean rooms for chip and PCB productions.

im just happy to have a blog server to mess around and post stuff :) it'd be my first time writing online other than very short posts in forums / on facebook.

11. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Blogging is cool. I'm pretty sure that a few mags will be reading our blog posts so it's a potential chance to get noticed :)

12. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

I'M definatly looking forward to the blogging side of the competion! I just hope that I can get my new rig ordered and up and runnig in time tbh!
    Looking forward to the upgrade boost this is gonna give me over the iMac! Plus a possible trip to taiwan? Hopefully I will be able to make it this time if I win?(very unlikely!)

plus did anyone say dell u2410 cheesecake?

13. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Hello there, are you the unlucky chap with food poisoning who couldn't attend? I honestly do feel for you as the event was immense! However I take it you got your kit mailed out to you??

Again its a shame you couldnt make it as it will make blogging a little harder! Make sure you do a good job with the kit you got (provided you did get it and its the amd stuff) as I am very keen to see how well it works etc.

Andy

14. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

yea I was pretty gutted, but when your eyes are bigger than your belly then sometimes you hve to take the consiquences! Lol

I looked through the pictures on flikr and it seems everyone had alot of fun and got to play with some pretty decent kit!

It's definatly gonna make a difference when it comes to blogging but hopefully I can bring a somewhat outsiders view on the event and kit I got!
    Looking forward to powering up the mobo and CPU because everyone knows that free stuff always performs better!

15. malaroo978

malaroo978 What's a Dremel?

By the way, for all you guys who got AMD boards and CPU's... I might have something that may interest some of you. Before I won the competition I ordered some new kit, AMD stuff mainly. So was wondering if any of you need RAM (4 GBOCZ DDR3 AMD Edition) or a Zalman CNPS-9900-LED heatsink. I have no used as I dont wanna use this stuff with my i7 setup. Cant use the classifieds forum as I havnt got enough posts!

But anyone who may be interested let me know...

16. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Found this Chinese forum thanks to a twitter Bindi sent out. Looks like part of the Chinese ASUS Xtreme Global Summit event. Made me laugh as, for some reason, they were building cases out of styrofoam 0.o

http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid=30706&extra=page=1

I'm so happy we did nice things like overclocking and playing games!

17. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

There thead delivers the lols

18. Rocket_Knight64

Rocket_Knight64 Minimodder

Mayeb they were putting ideas forwards for a RoG case? We'll find out soon enough. :D

19. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Hopefully we will get all the info we need to blog etc by email at some point tomorrow.

Cant wait :D

Andy

20. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Hope so.