1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pirated Batman PC contains deliberate glitch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Sep 2009.

1. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

This is something I just don't understand.

"I only pirate because I want to evalute the game and there is no demo. " (while I sort of understand I don't agree with it)

This one has a demo, which is used, enjoyed and orderd. Fine.

Becuase you have to wait 3 weeks or so you were annoyed and felt you shoulld get the real version the same time as a pirated version that doesn't work properly?
    To avoid waiting 3 weeks? Insulted? Discrepancy?

<sigh>......

2. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Bottom line that all those into piracy will never understand is that they are killing the PC gaming industry, and yet they are among the first to complain about all the console ports.

3. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I don't think they lose money when making a game even with piracy.
    Just makes the payoff a few million bucks less on the sweet side.
    They like to blame everything on piracy so they can steal from us by charging upto £50 for a game on a DVD...

4. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

Lagged and double posted.. oops.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

(c-c-combobreaker :) )

owned, tbh.

6. cheeriokilla

cheeriokilla What's a Dremel?

hahahaha totally! this is awesome! lol!... getting pwned in the official forums for using a non legit version of the game... priceless...

Wish this happened more often. That's what Crysis had to do... Imagine the people complaining like "I can't kill enemies, I fire like 2000 shots and he doesn't die", and then add some cartoon shaders so ppl would go "I don't know what people are saying, all I see is cartoonish graphics"... LOL

7. hardski

hardski What's a Dremel?

why dont people realise its even easier to pirate for xbox 360! batman was out earlier too so made it tempting to get that version although im still gonna play it on PC, better graphic, performance etc.
    You need to know how to crack a PC pirate, 360 is so easy, everybody forgets the scale of console piracy!!

8. leslie

leslie Just me!

Except that many people get this error/message with legit versions of software.

I call BS on this, just as I have for years. Sure piracy is part of the problem, but it hasn't been that hard to do on many consoles and no one is saying they are dying. What is killing PC gaming is 2 things...

Hardware requirements, people just don't understand it or want to and cheap pc's and the Hardware itself.
    Which is harder to understand...
    For Playstation 3
    For Xbox 360.

Or this...
    System requirements (Actual minimum requirements for Crysis):
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2
    GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better
    RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better
    VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory
    Storage: 12GB
    Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    ODD: DVD-ROM
    DirectX: DX9.0c or DX10

"What do you mean I need a $200 video card to play my game on my brand new $500 computer!" A year and a half later "what do you mean I need another video card and ram upgrade?!"

Consoles are simple and cheap, Pc's are not.

9. ryall

ryall What's a Dremel?

Good step towards inconveiniencing pirates rather than legit purchasers. Conveinience is King. All this staggered release/region code/social club BS is really just punishing honest people, it doesn't affect pirates in the slightest.

10. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

All glitches like that do is make the player think the game actually does not work and then say oh it was a good thing I did not actually buy this becuase it crashes, ect...

11. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

AARRR Matey!! best believe your peg leg I would Pro-rate a game!! Let's see, how many times have I the consumer gotten burned for my $49.99 buying a game that totally sucked or I couldn't play for like four months waiting on the devs to patch the darn thing. Too many times to name but I do remember shelling out $79.99 for the first 8 meg game on the Sega Genesis, Strider. I bought it and went home and beat it in less than 2 hours. Boy was I upset (glitchy piece of Ship). Anyway I don't buy games unless I play a DEMO of some sorts first (I don't buy anything without a test drive, walk through, taste test, preview, 30 day trial or hands on test) therefore Video Games should be no different. If I like the game I buy it if not then the demo is sent to the garbage. The best way to beat piracy is to make quality games that people would just love to spend their hard earned money on. Besides 2nd hand video game stores sell used games that cuts into the profits of game publishers but no one complains about that.

12. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

If someone is 'smart' enough to download a pirate copy of a game, weeks before the official release, then they must be incredibly 'stupid' to not expect the good possibility that their pirate version isn't exactly the same and may not perform the same as a legit copy. Not to mention that some pirate versions may also come complete with complimentary spyware.

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I've seen this on xbox and it looks fantastic.. course I didn't get to play cause they were playing it like crack addicts lol the cape looked really cool- far as the glitch, XD think they would have been better off not saying anything.. or have the glitch right at the end of the game

most pirates who crack don't actually play all the way through.. but instead of the actual ending they get a hot coffee version that kicks in with crotch to the screen zoom action of batman's jock

14. Matticus

Matticus ...

As a few others have said while I browsed the replies.

I reckon the version was just buggy and they said it was anti piracy so people wouldn't think the released game would be buggy. And so they would look like they were making a step in the right direction for anti piracy.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

it'd be simple to put in code that says.. if played before xxx date go saddle pop

16. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Dumb little f*cker downloads an illegal copy then complains on the official forum. Knock! Knock! Knock! this is the police.

17. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

As if they cared about that one 14 year old kid enough to go and grab him.

18. Coldon

Coldon What's a Dremel?

they should have been like, oh noez, who else is having this problem? get a list and then be like boom...

@matticus: the demo has that feature and its fully functional, i doubt they had a working version and then broke it...

19. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

Get off your high horse of justice, piracy isn't theft, not matter just how much you want it to be 'theft' it's not. :wallbash:

What ever you come back with will be rubbish, for there to be theft there has to be a permanent removal of property.

People who download games aren't 'stealing' as some one has put them up for anyone to download.

It's like having a shop, with no security, staff or means of payment and always open doors with shelves that never go down.

I'm not defending it by correcting you, but it's not theft, theft has a legal definition, if downloading copyrighted media is theft, then why hasn't anyone 'caught' for it been tried as thief? Because it's not theft.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This happened to me - turns out that my copies of HL2, HL2EP1 & HL2EP2 (bought from Steam) don't like 64-bit operating systems after a patch was released. I set the launch options for each game to "-32bit" and now they work perfectly.

Sir Digby likes this.
Tags: Add Tags