1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows So I gave World of Warcraft a try...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bauul, 9 Sep 2009.

1. Casefan

Casefan One Man Army

I was a played RuneScape fairly obsessively for a couple of years- when you start there are always people doing the same thing as you, but as you "spread out" into the world you lose the feeling you're going through the works: the first hour of any MMORPG is the same for pretty much everyone, in my opinion.

Casefan

2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Because it sucks balls? I wanted to love neocron i really really did, yeah the graphics were awful but I could live with that. And like you say a cyber-punk mmo sounds like a recipe for win, but because it was so poorly executed and half the time you didnt have a clue what was going on, it'll only be remembered (or not) as one of the minor mmo's. Shame really, it had massive potential :(

3. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

:(

I was even more upset to find that Reakktor's next MMO....is an EVE clone? Sigh. Obviously not even they realised what potential it had. Welcome to the Neocron Mourner's Club. Just imagine what Pepper Park would have been like in next-gen.... :duh:

4. Dosvedagna

Dosvedagna Justice!

I remember seeing WoW, for the one and only time iv ever seen it - some 2 yrs ago. and it looked like the most boring game in existence.... from what i could see... my mate who was a dwarf or some crap just ran around for half an hour while nothing happened.

Its terrible! anyway have some rep =]

5. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Thanks for your input, it was just as valuable and informative as the 12 other useless posts you have generated on here.

6. Dosvedagna

Dosvedagna Justice!

sorry hah :duh:

7. KonZ3N

KonZ3N What's a Dremel?

Been playing a LOT of MMO's for the couple of years and I can say that WoW is far off compared to any Free to Play MMO. But regarding what you're saying is absolutely correct with the MMO genre. It lacks the depth of an RPG elements in it.

And I really regret when the MMO trend is booming here in Asia. I forgot where my roots from playing a game. Like, plenty of titles I didn't have the chance to play because of this level comparison in MMO's. You rival with who's who is leading the rank, like that. And it really became the course in almost all MMO's that I've played. Although I love what Age of Conan right now.

And now I'm really waiting for Dragon Age: Origins. Because it would be my return to stand alone RPG's. My last RPG played was Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

8. Mithyx

Mithyx There is no Dremel

The issue with WoW is that the initial leveling is boring. It's the traditional RPG kill the rats in the cellar quest for several levels. They intend to help some of that in Cataclysm. Most of the content in this expansion is going to be focused on lvl 20-60. If you can't get past lvl 5 (which takes less than an hour) before you quit playing you're not going to like the game no matter what they do to it aside from a complete overhaul.

The game doesn't really show what's so great about it until you get into the instances. I still love running VanCleef.

9. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I liked when that extra isle opened up and you collected resources. that felt like you achieved something but apart from that lvl1-79 is pointless. all the content is endgame like raiding or PVP. I got 1 char to 70 before WOTLK was realeased and raided with friends for a couple of months building gear and clearing up to SSC. As soon as the expansion was released I leveled to 73 and though "what the f*** is the point" Its so dull. All my friends have dropped out too so theres absolutly no point in me getting to endgame anymore.

10. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Another reason why i quit thats the bit i enjoyed the most, leveling up, unlocking new skills/spells
    then reaching the max level and having the option of raiding (i cant stand it) pvp (need decent gear which requires some sort of grind) plus they release even better equipment all the time rendering all the previous grinding pointless. The biggest time sink ever and the worse game for promoting 24/7 playing