1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GoldenEye 64 re-release is unlikely

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 Sep 2009.

1. MErchunter

MErchunter What's a Dremel?

Goldeneye is the best game i have ever played, it was such a classic on the N64, and i'm glad they aren't remaking it. They just wouldnt be able to capture the magic with a newer version.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Wait, Rare, a company owned by Micosoft failed to reach a deal with Microsoft? Confused i am yes...

Sam

3. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

They probably could not figure out how much to pay themselves...

Too bad, that game was awesome. Luckily we still have the mod version on the pc :D

4. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

Nintendo co-own the rights to Goldeneye 64...

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Golden Eye was a classic, I enjoyed the singleplayer (especially getting the cheats!) as much as the multiplayer. Perfect Dark was Awesome on multiplayer but I never got into the singleplayer. I think I've probably played these two games more than any others.

Online Goldeneye Deathmatched would be freaking awesome, although I played it about a year ago and the graphics are now upsettingly crap :(

6. mute1

mute1 What's a Dremel?

I agree with you. If it was a PC game, I doubt it would have the same reputation. I tend to think that some of these games wouldn't have dared to test themselves against PC rivals, even if they had not been purposely tied to a console.
    That's not to say that they have no merit, merely that they seem to be over-rated, especially by console gamers.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

+500

Goldeneye sucked, Source saved it for me.

8. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

It wasn't quite that bad, but coming from someone who grew up with newer games, I could never really see how it was fun.. Too primitive for me? I can barely play console shooters anyway. Halo 3 or CoD on a huge TV is cool, but only with my friends, and not with serious rules.

Goldeneye Source is great, especially the beta builds. It rules having a friend on the beta testing team. :D

9. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Never played Goldeneye due to me never having owned any console (something I intend to stick by), but it's certainly a wellknown title. May have to check out the Source version...

10. Hasney

Hasney What's a Dremel?

All you guys asking for a Perfect Dark remake realize one is coming for XBLA, right? :D

11. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

I have a solution, let rare port goldeneye to the pc and give ms and nintendo equal shares of the
    profits. thats one game I could never get enough of!!

12. sc.uk^cRoSsFir3

sc.uk^cRoSsFir3 What's a Dremel?

It was Conkers Bad Fur Day :D

That game was so damn funny. *I am the great mighty poo.....*

13. valmadasss

valmadasss What's a Dremel?

and please rare don't destroy the game... (don't make it lego or something)

14. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I've not been bothered by this at all since the announcement of Perfect Dark on XBLA.

PD always had the best multiplayer.. plus it had Co-op.

I have to pinch myself sometimes to remind myself it's not a dream, and that PD is actually going to be released on XBLA.

15. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one here who still keeps their vintage consoles hooked up and plays them, even if its only a few times a year. You have to do something with all those analog jacks on the back of your receiver.

Also how is Goldeneye Source? I haven't tried it in over a year now and it was just too unfinished the last time.

16. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Goldeneye Source has come along leaps and bounds...

It's still in Beta last time I checked (which was a month or so ago), but it's changed a lot over the last year.. It's actually a really fun game.. Unfortunately not too many people play it.

Tags: Add Tags